TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo Monday Night Raw Thread -- 8/6/2007

Maria needs to be slapped. She ruined the dating game for me with her stupid facial expressions and horrible over-acting. You can play a dumb broad without making yourself unwatchable, bitch.

I think it's been well established that HTQ has no sense of humour.

Because I didn't laugh at a boring skit that never ended and had no finish?

Yes. That skit was funny as hell.

Yeah, I dont know what show some were watching, but it was overall pretty entertaining to me. Lots of things they did tonight worked, building to decent stuff here. Hell, I'm even interested in a Sandman-Regal feud for the GM role. Cena's lame comedy shit continues to suck, though.

Kennedy as the new McMahon could build into alot of decent things down the road, and hopefully solidify him as a top tiered worker sooner than later. HHH v. Kennedy, whenever they wanted to do it, could be ready-made here with Vince already suggesting Steph isnt in his highest regards. Clearly, the Kennedy promo tonight was done for good reason, too. Obvious foreshadowing there.

I think Umaga could turn back heel next week, depending on how Lashley's surgery goes. If Lashley is only going to be out for two months, then I can see Umaga staying heel because Cena and HHH will have the top babyface slots locked up, and Lashley will be primed to slide back in at #3 when he returns.

I'm sure it's wishful thinking, but does Umaga as a face = Armando return? Fuck, I hope so.

It might be because I was there live, but I was pretty entertained by Raw tonight.

And by the way, that Regal thing was total bullshit. I expected him to win and become GM, but the way it went down was horribly done. When they came back from commercial I was looking for him and didn't see him in the ring, so I figured he was eliminated with zero fanfare. They really should have at least shown Regal on the floor or made some kind of mention of it.

Then you would've known he was going to win. I'm glad they didn't do that and instead showed the replay.

It would have been so bad if not for the fact they have done this exact same finish on this exact same show in the 2 singles Battle Royals they have done in the past several months: Edge to win a shot at Cena's Title later in the show on a 3 hour edition of Raw last December; Then Edge again to reclaim his spot in last W.M.'s Money In The Bank Match in a "Last Chance Battle Royal." There's creativity for you.

Maria needs to be slapped. She ruined the dating game for me with her stupid facial expressions and horrible over-acting. You can play a dumb broad without making yourself unwatchable, bitch.

Wow.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but what the hell was up with Regal calling Umaga Umanga 3 times? You'd expect somebody to at least correct him.

As I expected, the Mcmahon stuff was awful.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but what the hell was up with Regal calling Umaga Umanga 3 times? You'd expect somebody to at least correct him.

Either it's part of his gimmick as a stuffy Brit that mispronounces words, or maybe he really just can not say the name properly.

"WWE Dating Game" was one of the greatest non-wrestling segments I've seen on a wrestling show in ages. Regal's smarmy comments were great and Santino was actually very funny in his delivery. I demand a sequel next week (Match Game?).

Seriously, if you couldn't laugh at the dating game segment, you have no soul. I'll give WWE props for that one. I haven't laughed like that while watching RAW in a long time.

Duggan - "I'll never call you a HHHHOOOOOOOO"

Regal - "Yet somehow he manages to stay single" (said after we saw Duggan removing his wedding ring, but it was a funny joke nonetheless)

Regal's facial expressions and mannerisms are the stuff of brilliance. His 10 minute victory "dance" after winning the battle royal was great as well. Now if only Regal had his old "commissioner" office back, complete with suit of armor for Shawn Stasiak to run headfirst into every week, I would be set.

I see a lot of promise in Santino, playing his "desperate for sex, dork" character.

Now for the bad:

Cena interviewing himself was just flat-out awful. It wasn't funny, and I was glad to hear the crowd letting him know it with a fairly audible "Cena Sucks" chant. It didn't do much good for Carlito to sit on Cena's shoulders for a couple minutes, while Cena taunted Orton, without trying to fight out of the FU at least.

The Dating Game bit was hilarious, but I hope they don't overdo it until it gets played out. The amusing aspect is that the entire thing was essentially rigged for Santino to win, since the other two are old guys like Duggan and Simmons (who both have probably been married for 2 decades)...and Santino STILL fucked it up!

Maybe Simmons will bring Maria as his date to the Teddy/Kristal wedding?

Wow, you guys are whiny bastards. That was the best show in a long while.

Well there's no accounting for taste........I watch wrestling to see wrestling not a cut rate sitcom.

Anyone who honestly watches WWE purely for wrestling deserves the disappointment they get every Monday for being so naive.

Me? I thought the show was great this week, in a train-wreck kinda way.

Either it's part of his gimmick as a stuffy Brit that mispronounces words, or maybe he really just can not say the name properly.

Isn't that King Book-AH's gimmick?

He called Cena Cener.

Wow.

Oh great here come the posts about how all wrestling are misogynist creeps.

Well there's no accounting for taste........I watch wrestling to see wrestling not a cut rate sitcom.

Anyone who honestly watches WWE purely for wrestling deserves the disappointment they get every Monday for being so naive.

Me? I thought the show was great this week, in a train-wreck kinda way.

Yeah; it isn't like they have "wrestling" in the company name, a wrestling ring in the middle of the arena, and have a roster comprised mostly of wrestlers. Of course I should expect everything but wrestling when I watch World Wrestling Entertainment.

More often than not I notice when shows are really good as opposed to really bad, but man, all throughout RAW last night, I couldn't help but notice how crappy it was.

The IRS cameo and (surprisingly) the Dating Game were fun, though. I was hoping for the IRS cameo as soon as Vince said "IRS," so when the camera panned to IRS reading the Financial Times, I marked.

And although I thought the original Vince death angle was lame, I liked the nod to it at the end, especially the bit with Paul London.

Oh no they aren't gonna put all the McMahons back on TV are they......please God no.

Wait, can't you feel the anticipation in the air? Can't you just see those ratings exploding after that thrilling mcmahon yammering about his family while regal nodded?! I mean this is the shit!....unfortunately...i mean literally.

If this is really their idea of what to do when ratings go down I'm saddened cause this Raw has sucked total ass......this so far in my opinion is the worst Raw of the year.

You know after reading comments made by other people at other boards, I think we are one of the few sane people left who watch wrestling. I see comments everywhere about how much they enjoyed this show and I just can't believe it. Are we this out of touch or has everyone else just lost their mind? Simply unbelievable.

The Dating game thing was a highlight that speaks to the overall show in my view....that doesn't bother me if you want to do a segment or 2 like that for light hearted humor.

The Cena thing was brutal.....the show had few matches and most of the ones they picked were shitty. Like squashes with Snitsky. Also all I have to say is when Carlito is working in your mainevent scene that just sucks.

And Perfection a lot of people started watching the shows during the Monday Night Wars/Attitude era for as good as business as the WWE did in that period there were a lot of Raw's like this.....so there are people that like this sorta thing.

Oh no they aren't gonna put all the McMahons back on TV are they......please God no.

Wait, can't you feel the anticipation in the air? Can't you just see those ratings exploding after that thrilling mcmahon yammering about his family while regal nodded?! I mean this is the shit!....unfortunately...i mean literally.

If this is really their idea of what to do when ratings go down I'm saddened cause this Raw has sucked total ass......this so far in my opinion is the worst Raw of the year.

You know after reading comments made by other people at other boards, I think we are one of the few sane people left who watch wrestling. I see comments everywhere about how much they enjoyed this show and I just can't believe it. Are we this out of touch or has everyone else just lost their mind? Simply unbelievable.

No, I still enjoy watching wrestling. But if I'm going to be forced into a skit, I would rather it be one that's actually funny (I'm sorry but the Dating Game was the funniest thing WWE has put together in years), and not that witty John Cena indirectly calling his opponent a homosexual. :phaser:

I guess what it comes down to is I vote for the lesser of the 2 evils.

For anyone who thought this show was great did you miss the Cena segment which was probably his worst of the past 2 years? The thing as brutally long, shitty and painful.....not to mention as he held Carlito in position for his finisher for about 10 minutes.

if they had put the dating game into the Cena thing and did something different for Cena that was even half as shitty as that I'd score the show quite a bit higher.

What do you watch it for then? Entertainment? You must be easily amused. There's nothing entertaining about this crap. If I wanted to watch a third-rate, horribly written and acted sitcom I'd watch "According to Jim" re-runs instead of RAW.

Wow.

Not all wrestling fans are, but that guy definitely is.

What do you watch it for then? Entertainment? You must be easily amused. There's nothing entertaining about this crap. If I wanted to watch a third-rate, horribly written and acted sitcom I'd watch "According to Jim" re-runs instead of RAW.

Wow.

Not all wrestling fans are, but that guy definitely is.

He is a crip......I'm sorry you are a crip.

The Dating game thing was a highlight that speaks to the overall show in my view....that doesn't bother me if you want to do a segment or 2 like that for light hearted humor.

The Cena thing was brutal.....the show had few matches and most of the ones they picked were shitty. Like squashes with Snitsky. Also all I have to say is when Carlito is working in your mainevent scene that just sucks.

And Perfection a lot of people started watching the shows during the Monday Night Wars/Attitude era for as good as business as the WWE did in that period there were a lot of Raw's like this.....so there are people that like this sorta thing.

The thing is last nights show was no where near as good as any of the shows during that time period...not even close imo.