TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Secret Agent

Cleveland signs Quinn

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, but what does everyone think about the absurdity of this deal going down for a 22 pick? I'd have given him 6 mil tops and made him earn the big bucks in a second contract after proving himself.

The Brady Quinn saga is now officially over.

The rookie quarterback has agreed to terms on a five-year deal with the Cleveland Browns, FOXSports.com has learned. The deal is worth $20.2 million, and could reach a total value of $30 million with escalators. The contract contains $7.75 million in guaranteed money.

The deal, which was agreed to Tuesday morning, has not yet been signed, but Quinn was en route to Cleveland to join his teammates on Tuesday.

The No. 22 pick in this year's draft out of Notre Dame, Quinn had been working out in Tempe, Ariz. at Athletes Performance Institute, and last week said he was hoping his holdout would end soon.

His hopes have now been answered.

Foxsports

thank God this saga is over, they really need to put a standard Rookie pay or somethin till the guy can prove himself worthy of a higher salary

So who is the starter for the Browns, Charlie Frye? I hope he sets the record for most QB sacks for the next 3 seasons then turns into the next Tim Couch.

thank God this saga is over, they really need to put a standard Rookie pay or somethin till the guy can prove himself worthy of a higher salary

That would actually be worse. Remember, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed. Only the bonus is.

Brady Quinn is so overrated it's not even funny. Only reason he gets this much run is he's a Golden Domer, a product of the most overrated program in college football.

If the careers of Ron Powlus or Rick Mirer are any indication, Quinn looks like to be the biggest thing since Kelly Holcomb.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad
Only reason he gets this much run is he's a Golden Domer

Well, duh. Life is good when you play for God's Team. But you gotta love that the cover boy for every draft preview publication this year went 22nd. I wonder if Manny Lawson and Mark Clayton are jealous.

If anything, Quinn is underrated heading into the season. It's easy to pick a guy apart when he spends most of his college career starting for a team that has every game televised nationally. He still had a great completion percentage and overall performance throughout his years. He was the best quarterback in this year's draft and I'd be willing to be he ends up with the best career.

Pro Football Prospectus has a good write-up on him in this year's book. Out of quarterbacks taken in the past ten years, he is most similar in terms of expected performance to Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb. That's not bad company to be in.