TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

The OAO Thread For The Twentieth Annual SummerSlam Games

*John Cena vs. Randy Orton - The positive is that these guys have gotten rave reviews for their house show match, which, aside from probably a more elaborate finish, will be the same match as tomorrow night. The feeling is this will be more than 20 minutes, better than ****, and the original plan was for a title change. Plus, being from East Rutherford, NJ, expect a dynamic crowd because all the guys who bought tickets when they were put on sale are going to cheering for Orton. The fact most of these tickets were sold months ago makes the pro-Orton crowd more likely, but Cena will always have his fans, and they'll be vocal.

*HHH vs. King Booker - HHH will get the huge pop for the long-awaited return. Reports have him in the 250 pound range, so he should be moving better than the last time he came back from a torn quad and was huge. One would expect a HHH win, but since they've done no TV angles for this involving the two, it also makes sense to come out of this with an angle and build a return.

*Great Khali vs. Batista for the World title - A lot depends on how much the crowd wants to see Batista win. I'm sure they'll have laid out a solid match and they've practiced it constantly the past few weeks, but any match with Khali on live TV is a risk. And if things go like the Kane match on Smackdown, there isn't much Batista can do to save it. They probably have it built around the claw, and at least that's a low risk move. We'll see how much people buy the claw.

*Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero - This should be a Mysterio showcase. Probably not a long match, and definitely Mysterio should win. He hasn't had any problems on the road, but also hasn't had any matches where he's cut loose yet.

*Umaga vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Carlito for the IC title. I could see Kennedy pinning Carlito. Umaga doesn't really fit as IC champ and this allows him to lose it without being pinned so early in his monster face run. Kennedy and Umaga both don't have current programs due to Lashley's injury and Jeff Hardy's suspension (by the way, Hardy should be back in one week).

*Divas Battle Royal for the top contender for the women's title. Best bets, based on recent TV pushes, are Michelle McCool, just to have a Smackdown vs. Raw match at the next PPV (although it's two people pushed as faces) or Beth Phoenix, who they seemed to focus on during Raw. Melina is always a possibility simply as the top heel woman persona.

*Kane vs. Finlay - Hornswoggle comedy spot, probably a Kane win.

They could always add a Raw tag title match (Cade & Murdoch vs. Cryme Tyme). At one point, there was a Deuce & Domino vs. MVP & Matt Hardy Odd Couple match talked about on the show, but that was a few weeks back and it would make no sense without a TV angle and it hasn't been talked about to my knowledge since.

On paper, unless I'm underestimating the power of the return of HHH, I don't see business close to the level of the past two years. Also, when looking at the show on paper, HHH vs. Booker and Mysterio vs. Guerrero have to deliver to make it a show the level of its billing as one of the big three of the year. The main event is likely to deliver big, but that's the only lock on the show. What's really scary is if HHH and Mysterio had to wait a few more weeks to come back, they'd have nothing. The injury bug has taken an incredible bite out of the quality of this show.

I guess I'm the only one really looking forward to this show. It's a shame it's sold out, b/c I really want to go

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I've got the beer, burgers & bratwurst ready to go! We're gonna hook up the projector and watch the Summerslam Games & Tournament on a big wall in the living room and have a grand ol' time!

I'd love for there to be a PPV in the north Texas area, because I'd definitely be all over that.

So have the plans for a title change changed, or are they just saying the "Original Plan" because plans change every 5 seconds in the WWE?

Guest Kesh

I'm looking forward to the event too,

predictions:

WWE Championship

John Cena def Randy Orton via pinfall to retain

-I REALLY want to see Cena drop the title, but its just gotten to the point for me where its not even fun anymore cause he ALWAYS walks out with the title. I think Cenas going to win just because he always does, if he loses though, it would, along with a punk win, make the ppv for me

World Heavyweight Championship

Batista def The Great Khali via pinfall to win the title

-Hopefully they keep this short and add a No DQ stip beforehand or something, anyways I'm expecting to see Batista walk out with the belt tonight, possibly after some interference by Ric Flair to help Big Dave out. I wouldnt be suprised if Khali won by DQ or something to prolong the feud so they can have Khali drop the belt without getting pinned(cage match or something)

ECW Title

CM Punk def John Morrison via pinfall to win the title

-Well if Punk doesn't get the win here I don't think they'll ever give him the title. He's the most over superstar in ECW and has been consistently entertaining from an in-ring standpoint, so in my eyes he deserves the win. I hope his win isnt overshadowed by other big moments that could happen on this show(rey/hhh returns, possible new world heavy/wwe champs)

Triple H def King Booker via pinfall

-Come on is this outcome really in doubt?

Rey Mysterop def Chavo Guerrero via pinfall

-Rey has always been a favorite of mine, so I'm very excited to see him return. Despite the fact that all the hype has gone to HHHs return and Mysterios return is kind of under the radar I am looking forward to Reys return MUCH more. However this along with Triple H vs Booker, I do not have high expectations for in terms of match quality as I expect them both to have some ring rust to work through.

Intercontinental Championship

Mr. Kennedy def Umaga and Carlito via pinfall(pins Carlito)

-If Kennedy is indeed the one they choose to use for the McMahon storyline I expect he will get the IC strap as a means to push him into the limelight with the fans and make him look more important. Similar to how they gave Umaga the IC strap before Wrestlemania.

Finlay def Kane via pinfall

-Glad to see Finlay on ppv, not much to say about this match. I'm expecting some Hornswoggle shennanigans to lead to a Finlay victory.

Divas battle royal

-Beth Phoenix, or Michelle McCool, does anyone care really?

In Closing:

I dont think this will be a good ppv per say but it should be a fun one with plenty of big moments. I think Cena-Orton will come in at 4 stars or so, but other than that I'm not sure what matches will be standout. I think Morrison-Punk could steal the show if they give them enough time.

Also I think it would be awesome if they had MVP and Hardy come out and say they aren't waiting till next week and challenge Duece and Domino at the ppv, prob not going to happen, just saying.

All-in-all I would prob not spend 40 bucks on this show but me and some friends are splitting it so I think it'll be worth the 4 or 5 i have to pay.

Divas battle royal

-Beth Phoenix, or Michelle McCool, does anyone care really?

The bar maid that wins the battle royale gets the honor of becoming His Lordship Grand Emperor McMahon's concubine.

Seriously though...

I wonder how much of this stuff Booker has come up with on his own

He's been great with his sayings and such the past few weeks..

C'Mon..SummerSlam Games...Jerome Lawler...He had to wake up at like 4am

laughing his ass off cause it popped in his head or something...

I saw Booker signed another 3 year deal w/ WWE. The contract also has a claus stating Booker now has the option to sit in on production/booking meetings now. I just found that interesting, I guess.

Now I'm kinda hyped to watch the PPV. It's nice that being at the end of the month will put it on NEXT month's bill if I order it.

Reminder to Canadians: The Score has a SummerSlam clip show on right now.

I have purchased this event.....

The first event Ive bought since WrestleMania XX..

Hopefully I will not regret it

Just to let people know that due to it being a bank holiday tomorrow, I am actually up for this PPV, I will be providing streams in the chatroom, although I cant guarantee the quality of them, so if you want to watch tonights PPV come join us in the chatroom tonight.

Top of the screen, but if you need a link to the chatroom, I wouldnt bother cos it gets a bit technical from there on in :)

LOL its ok dude, was only kidding around :), it is ten to 1 in the morning, I normally like my beauty sleep

Guest mqatrombone

Umaga retains? Interesting. I guess they want the Jeff Hardy - Umaga program to continue.

okay, it won't let me in the chat.

Try this stream: mms://ind.sytes.net/darren

Edit: Just don't spread it around, because I will be purchasing future streams, and if this gets too sluggish I won't post them here.

Why the fuck was Rey painted silver?

Well, since Jeff Hardy had to cancel, they needed someone to act nutso.

And is it me or did Trips look leaner than before he left this time around?