SATURDAY

Minnesota @ Chicago White Sox, 3:55pm Fox

Florida @ Philadelphia, 3:55pm Fox

LA Dodgers @ San Francisco, 3:55pm Fox

Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh, 7pm Fox

Cleveland @ Los Angeles Angels, 9pm Fox

SUNDAY

Cleveland @ LA Angels, 8pm ESPN

Last week the Red Sox, Indians and Angels opened up their leads in their respective divisions. The Mets weathered a four game sweep by the Phils and gained two games back on their lead. The Cubs lead by a game and a half, the D'backs and Padres are in a dead heat for the West. The Yankees lead the AL wild card while the D'backs/Padres loser gets that honor in the National League.

If I had to pick a showcase series, it would be Seattle/Yankees midweek, Seattle/Detroit over the weekend. This is a big week for the AL wild card hunt.

I'm split about the Red Sox avoiding the FOX/ESPN crap again this week. Toronto's guys aren't bad, but Baltimore's are terrible. Especially their radio guys who called Fenway Park a "toilet" a few weeks ago. Then again, being saddled with Buck/Grampa/Miller/Morgan is worse.

Hopefully Seattle can pull their heads out of their asses and get some wins against the Yanks this week. Lead is back to 6 and magic number at 20.

Rotoworld is reporting that Juan Encarnacion's career is in serious jeopardy. He may have suffered a permanent loss of vision as a result of the foul ball that struck him in the eye Friday night. He certainly doesn't have a great rep and he's far from what most would consider a good player, but this is pretty tragic news.

I woulda requested tomorrow off (yes, I have to work on Labor Day) and gone to the game if they had announced Pedro's start even just a few days ago. Stupid impulsive Mets management.

Here's hoping for a successful return, if only because it'll be pretty anticlimactic if Pedro gets knocked around tomorrow after the fans and the organization have been eagerly anticipating his return for nearly a year.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

Jon Miller was happier than a pig rolling in its own shit when he got to thank Vladimir Guerrero's mom in Spanish, wasn't he.

Does Fox have enough announcers for all those games?

According to Wiki

Joe Buck

Thom Brennaman

Josh Lewin

Kenny Albert

Matt Vasgersian

Dick Stockton

Lewin is the only one who doesn't do either the NFL or college. They might keep one of the guys on baseball, but they'll probably have the local announcers do the games.

Need to win both the series against the Cubs and the series against the Giants or that's it. I'm not worried about the Giants series, but the Cubs one is critical. They need to grab the games after the Zambrano start and play the Giants like the Dodgers have been playing them in Frisco over the past few seasons. The game tomorrow I'm already counting as a loss. A stolen win there would be huge, certainly unexpected.

The Dodgers always (for as long as I can remember) play like shit against the Padres in San Diego, it's a bottom point in every season and makes things tough.

Hmm, I think Al's mistaken as I don't see anything about FOX adding night games to their Saturday schedule.

I'm just copying the television listings from ESPN's schedule. It's probably regional Fox or something like that.

I'm an Astros fan today. No sign of heralded prospect Cameron Newbauer in the outfield, though.

Way to line out, Underpants.

Ugh. Not a good outing for Clemens.

This offense needs to do something, it's been shit latley. Hernandez has NO control today and Jeter goes up hacking after a leadoff walk.

I'm an Astros fan today. No sign of heralded prospect Cameron Newbauer in the outfield, though.

Way to line out, Underpants.

You really know how to take a joke that was marginally clever and/or amusing to begin with and run with it. I'll give you that much. If you're patient, you might get to see actual prospect Josh Anderson in the outfield.

No wonder your team is in the fuckin' cellar. Way to blow a lead, Oswalt.

Brewers pbp guy just said getting Seth McClung might be the trade of the year. If that's the trade of the year, Steve Trachsel for Rocky Cherry is the trade of the fuckin' century.

If you think a loss to the Brewers is better than a loss to the Cardinals or Cubs, you're irretrievably stupid.

Yes, I am a complete moron who has somehow completely forgotten the fundamental win/loss rules of baseball and I think that a loss to the Brewers is worth less than a loss to the Cubs or Cardinals to the actual records of a team. Totally. I'd just rather see the Brewers in the postseason than the Cubs or Cardinals.

And you are way too high-strung, my young friend. Go eat a Chicago-style hotdog. Those things are all good.