TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread

My prediction was correct, sadly, as nothing showed up. Cogeco sent me a real e-mail about it too!

Thank you for contacting Cogeco Technical Support. We appreciate the opportunity to help you resolve any Cogeco issues you may be having.

Whenever we are provided with new content for our Video On Demand services, including WWE 24/7, we upload it every Tuesday. Sometimes, the receiving of content can be delayed due to circumstances beyond our control and we wouldn't be able to upload it immediately on Tuesday.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please call 1-866-774-8888, and select the appropriate menu option for Cable Television or Internet Technical Support. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for your convenience. You can also contact us through email via our website at www.cogeco.ca and clicking on the "Contact Us" link at the top right side of the page.

Regards,

Cogeco Technical Support

At about 11pm (as I was getting ready to leave for work), Cogeco had the 4 Harley Race matches up so hopefully, like the recent problems (as opposed to the past problems where they just did nothing), this is just slow going and everything will be up by the end of Thursday.

Same here but it's not uncommon for systems to not be aware when 24/7 decided to add shows on wacky days. I was pretty surprised when the off-schedule Shorties from August showed up on time.

I got it, and the opening promo from Slick is exactly what I remembered, so I taped this over my coliseum video version of SS '92. The CV version had a different speech, but I loved this one from Slick on 24/7 and it's exactly what I remembered, so I figured I'd just tape all of it over again.

Damn, I hope we'll get more shows added as the week goes on because I got nothing to see this week save for One Night Stand. Don't care much about the baseball theme but I looked forward to the post Badd Blood and Great American Bash shows.

I still have a Ric Flair promo availlable, probably the same one that was there all September long.

I never did get the last batch of Flair promos. I called Comcast and the guy checked a TV in the office to confirm the problem, and since none of the new promos was there, he said he'd have to send a report on it, but I guess nothing ever came of it. I also noticed I'm missing about 1/2 of the individual ONS 08 matches.

At 1st, I didn't get everything with the latest update this past week, but I checked today and everything was there, so whee.

I wonder if it was something different in how WWE sent the shows out? We have two different cable companies but almost the exact same problem - no promos last week and only half the ONS matches (though the full show is there so whatever). Last week was the first time since I got really mad at Cogeco that a missing item didn't show up (things have been great since the first week of August, I believe) so, while my normal thought process is not to worry and all these missing TV shows will just show up, I am a bit worried now.

So my OnDemand folders have been rearranged. It shows that I have bought the 24/7 package, but when I try to watch something, it says I have to subscribe. I guess it's time for my monthly call to Comcast.

After a half update last week and a non-update yesterday, things are finally filtering in.

Also - and it seems I get different responses from Cogeco all the time - this is their most recent one:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via email at Cogeco Cable.

The programming included with WWE 24/7 comes directly from the network. Cogeco doesn't actually have a way of adding or removing programming. If you would like to contact WWE 24/7 to discuss the programming you are receiving, their contact number is (203) 352-8600.

If you would like further information, feel free to reply to this e-mail or call a customer care representative at 1-800-267-9000 anytime between the hours of 7:00am to 9:00pm.

Regards,

Customer Care

This came two days after they sent me an e-mail saying to call Cogeco customer service if I was still missing programming.

Cogeco seems to be updating their movie network on demand channels properly now (which is why I find it odd when they blame WWE for this - did WWE also screw up by not adding new shows and series to the proper sub-menus on The Movie Network?) which usually bodes well for 24/7. Case in point, I didn't expect Halloween Havoc 92 to be on time but here it is, available and on time.

Of course, whoever is at fault can only seem to get their act together for week 2 and beyond programming, meaning the Raw I'm missing and REALLY wanted to see will not be appearing. The topper is no one even bothered to post a torrent of it.

The only shortie I received was Foley/Orton, I don't have the PTW episode, the NWA episode ( I do have the Supertowns episode), or the Old School LA show. Very disappointing, and one of the few problems I have had in the past year.

I seem to be missing stuff

I have no Triple H part 3 and 4 and No new RAW episode...just the new Nitro...All of the sections seem to be light on content except for shorties. Everything else only has 3 or maybe 4 selections. Freakin Comcast!

It was a good run but I was back to getting nothing this week. I figured this would happen - they're still updating The Movie Network OD listings (which are supposed to be up on a Tuesday). That's usually a good barometer on how quick / slow the 24/7 update will be.

Edit: Naturally everything showed up this morning EXCEPT Essential Starrcade Part 2.

All the stuff that was supposed to disappear did so, and all the stuff that was supposed to stay is there, but I haven't gotten any of the new updates yet. I'll give it another day or so before I make a call.

I'm wondering if Cogeco here has some sort of Starrcade embargo. Everything is showing up on time except Starrcade 92 and Essential Starrcade 2 from last week are still missing, and Essential Starrcade 3 didn't show up this week. Since all of ES is being released on DVD (including the best match from 92 - Vader/Sting) I'm not THAT concerned, but it would be nice to have the programs there.

I'm wondering if Cogeco here has some sort of Starrcade embargo. Everything is showing up on time except Starrcade 92 and Essential Starrcade 2 from last week are still missing, and Essential Starrcade 3 didn't show up this week. Since all of ES is being released on DVD (including the best match from 92 - Vader/Sting) I'm not THAT concerned, but it would be nice to have the programs there.

It seems like you never get the shows that have "Copyright Protection" It's like whatever shows I can't burn onto DVD you don't get. That's weird.

What pissed me off though is that Essential Starrcade part 1 was able to be burned, but not parts 2 or 3 (and most likely 4 and 5). Also, PYBO's and Roundtables (the first time they air) are also never eligible for recording onto DVD (but work on VHS, but I'm trying to get rid of VHS). So, I guess WWE will have my money for the starrcade DVD.