TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Week 3 NFL and Indanap'iss Cotes

I REEEALLY would like to see the Texans beat the Colts (again!) but after this past Sunday, I don't like the idea of seeing Petey Faggins on either Harrison or Wayne. Unfortunately, he's our second best CB unless Jamaal Fletcher suddenly shows enough to be considered more than a nickel corner. Here's hoping Demps and Boulware pick up the calls quickly enough to be able to provide some over the top help.

Or, just have the Texans O get their running game in gear early and control the ball for about 37-40 minutes. That would be nice.

We'll see. If Chicago loses this one, we can write them out of the playoffs picture already.

...in week 3?

In the NFC no less?

The Bears defense will carry them to a minimum 4 seed.

So you think they'll win the division for sure? Everyone's right, it's way too early to tell, but I think either Detroit or Green Bay could challenge them this season.

SD @ GB: Chargers have looked bleh so far and the Packers have been looking good. I'll take Green Bay by 7.

MIA @ NYJ: Well, some AFC East gimp is going to have to win. I'll take the Jets for the simple fact it's at their place. NYJ by 3.

DET @ PHI: Eagles will be coming off a short week but I can't in good conscience say the Lions will be 3-0. Philly by 6.

ARI @ BAL: Is McNair back? Either way I think the Ravens win this one by 10.

IND @ HOU: So many people predicting upset here. Could happen, but I'm thinking Colts by 10.

MIN @ KC: Chiefs have looked lousy so far, so I'll take the Vikings as the lesser of two evils. MN by 4.

BUF @ NE: Assrape, thy name is Buffalo. Patriots by 21.

STL @ TB: Rams have started real slow and it should continue here. Tampa by 7.

SF @ PIT: Niners are smoke and mirrors and quite lucky. It'll stop here. Steelers by 14.

CIN @ SEA: Hell who knows with these two. I don't see the Bengals travelling to the west coast all that well though. Seattle by 9.

JAC @ DEN: I haven't been especially thrilled with the Broncos thus far, but they'll probably scrape by the Jags here. Broncos by 3 yet again.

CLE @ OAK: Whoa. Browns can win this one too and be 2-1. Cleveland by 5.

CAR @ ATL: Falcons might be the worst team in the league. Panthers by 10.

NYG @ WAS: Or maybe the Giants are the worst. Redskins by 10.

DAL @ CHI: This should be very interesting. I want to say Dallas but I dunno. Bears by 3.

TEN @ NO: Saints can't be as bad as they've shown. New Orleans by 6.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Lotta good football this week before we hit the meat n taters of the division schedules. Colts/Texans is going to be a dandy, and I think Buffalo/New England might be a little closer than people are expecting. Packers are gonna get raped at home, though.

What would lead you to that thought exactly? Buffalo is horrendous.

Completely uninformed guess, plus it's a divisional game. By a "little closer" I mean under two touchdowns.

The offense is still horrible and Joey Harrington still has horrible vision. While the Falcons should have won that game, there were at least 5 plays were Joey threw the ball and I thought the game was over because it would be an easy pick and touchdown. Our receivers and running backs are great DB's though. I really would love if they would sign Bryan Leftwich....please sign Bryan Leftwich.

Apparently they met with his people on Monday and are trying to bring him in.

So Rich Mckay, if you are reading my suggestions, could you please trade Keith Brooking for a MLB that doesn't go to work after the ball carrier has picked up 10 yards please?

Before the Pittsburgh game, I would have given the Bills a small chance of pulling the upset. Last year they led most of that first Pats game before collapsing. That won't happen this time. The defence on third down is atrocious (which is why Pittsburgh's first punt was in the fourth quarter), and the offence is pretty bad too. Losman is blaming Steve Fairchild for that and if it's true, I'm willing to give JP some more time to see if he can spark something, since Lynch is the only bright spot right now. No matter what though, it'll be a blowout.

no way man, the LOLsman experiment is pretty much the same as the Rob Johnson experiment. Time to move on.

NYG@WSH: Well, I think this is a game the Redskins should win at home. Of course I also look at this game as a "trap" for the Skins, because they just took a big win in Philly, a division win, and now have a short week. The Giants have more weapons on offense than the Eagles, but their defense is horrendous, which should help to give Campbell more target practice. After missing what would have been the game breaker to Moss against the Eagles, I am sure the coaches will have him throwing bombs in practice, and I am sure we will see Moss going deep next Sunday. I trust in Gibbs to have the team emotionally ready for this game, another division game. I think a win here, going into the bye week would be big. Sitting at 3-0 going into the bye week would be nice.

Redskins 28

Giants 17

Before the Pittsburgh game, I would have given the Bills a small chance of pulling the upset. Last year they led most of that first Pats game before collapsing. That won't happen this time. The defence on third down is atrocious (which is why Pittsburgh's first punt was in the fourth quarter), and the offence is pretty bad too. Losman is blaming Steve Fairchild for that and if it's true, I'm willing to give JP some more time to see if he can spark something, since Lynch is the only bright spot right now. No matter what though, it'll be a blowout.

no way man, the LOLsman experiment is pretty much the same as the Rob Johnson experiment. Time to move on.

You could always bring back Rob Johnson. Maybe the years have matured him into a great quarterback.

The Rob Johnson incident killed me as a Buffalo fan. They were always my favorite NFC team until that bullshit. I still like them, but it has never been the same since then.

The Bills are in the AFC however. And yes the benching of Flutie in favor of Rob Johnson is still one of the dumbest coaching moves ever. The dude had one good game in a lame duck last game of the season vs. the Colts and suddenly he's Joe Montana.

Here's a what if: What if Flutie started the playoff game vs. the Titans? Do the Bills win with ease?

I think so...if it took a forward pass to beat them that year with Rob Johnson QBing the whole game, surely Flutie could have prevented them from being in that position in the first place.

That's right, I said a FORWARD PASS!

WIDE RIGHT

FORWARD PASS

REGGIE MILLER PUSHED ANTHONY DOWN

HE SHOULD HAVE DUNKED

the story of my life as a sports fan.

That wasn't a lateral, but I saw it as karma because of the Rob Johnson thing (and yeah, AFC team, obviously the Falcons have been my favorite NFC).

And I give a shit what the NFL show said with their fucking computers, Frank Wycheck's forward most foot was just behind the yard line and Kevin Dysons back foot was just in front of it.

But I still didn't care because if Rob "sack me 6 times and once for a saftey" hadn't been in the game, the Bills would have won.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

The Cowboys are using Tank Johnson as a scout against the Bears. Well, we're fucked now.

Yeah, and it was close enough that I don't think they should have over turned it. It was called a touchdown on the field and it was way too close to overturn that. Plus it would have taken balls the size of basketballs to overturn that play in Tennessee.

And I repeat...fuck Wade Philips for starting Johnson. So I am happy Tennessee won.

That wasn't a lateral, but I saw it as karma because of the Rob Johnson thing (and yeah, AFC team, obviously the Falcons have been my favorite NFC).

And I give a shit what the NFL show said with their fucking computers, Frank Wycheck's forward most foot was just behind the yard line and Kevin Dysons back foot was just in front of it.

But I still didn't care because if Rob "sack me 6 times and once for a saftey" hadn't been in the game, the Bills would have won.

The question was the direction the ball went, not where the Dyson's feet were located

Credit: profootballtalk.com

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Atlanta Falcons have signed free-agent quarterback Byron Leftwich to a two-year deal. Terms are not yet available.

Leftwich was abruptly dumped by the Jaguars on September 1, one day after announcing that he'd be cut or traded. The Ravens showed some interest in the seventh overall pick in the 2003 draft, but talks reportedly broke down after roughly 3.5 hours of negotiation.

In Atlanta, Leftwich could find himself playing sooner rather than later. Joey Harrington has been so-so so far, and the Falcons will want to figure out whether Leftwich can be the guy before the team positions itself to land Brian Brohm of Louisville, who was mentored until last season by new Falcons coach Bobby Petrino.

Another first round semi-bust for Atlanta's high-powered post-Mike Vick offense.

How in gods name can anyone call Leftwich a bust?

edit:

Talk radio stations here are saying its a bad move and only being done to appease the black fans.

I guess they are happy with Joey Harrington?

I swear, one week with a secondary that can catch and he will have 10 interceptions.

Leftwich has been injury prone, was unseated by a not-very-good QB in David Garrard, has been unable to get his former team over the hump despite a solid running game and a very good defense, and was eventually released by said team for those reasons. That spells semi-bust to me. Joey Harrington is an out-and-out bust, no qualifiers necessary. He'll be out of Atlanta after this season and I'd be surprised if anyone else signs him.

He got hit in the ankle and it got broken. he reinjured it.

I don't buy the whole injury prone thing. He got hurt because he stands in the pocket and takes the hit to complete the pass.

If I remember correctly, his playoff loses have come to the Colts and the Pats. I heard they were pretty good teams.

He has very good passing numbers and a win percentage that isn't shabby. Plus, Jack Del Rio isn't exactly proving to be the greatest offensive minded coach in the history of football is he?

I don't know, I think bust is thrown around way to liberally these days. Leftwichs numbers/record don't say bust, and take away that 5-11 rookie year, you are looking at winner.

Plus he and the head coach not liking each other might have something to do with him being unseated and cut. I don't remember Jaguar fans being too thrilled with that decision either.

I've always thought that Byron Leftwich was a very good quarterback who ended up very underrated because of the way he was handled after injuries and occassional struggles. He was certainly the better QB in Jacksonville but Del Rio for whatever reason wanted to go with a more mobile quarterback. He's not the answer in Atlanta but he's better than anything they have and he's earned the right to get another starting gig.

Jaguars fans on boards I've gone to are actually thrilled Leftwich got cut. They said he had a bad attitude. I don't know what goes on down there but I always liked Leftwich. I wanted Chicago to give him a look. Damn you Lovie Smith and your Rex Grossman man-crush.

The man is ALWAYS hurt. If you don't have a great offensive line, the guy won't play more than 8 games. That's a fact.

As for why the Jags cut him...we can't go through another season in which Leftwich is penciled in as the starter, gets the majority of reps in camp, and gets hurt by week 5, leading Garrard to come in cold and get the tempo of the offense, leading to a couple sure losses along that road.