TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball 9/24-10/1

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Okay, kids, and Muggy, I'm lookin' at you, if you're on the Rockies bandwagon, you're baseball retarded. It's the fucking Colorado Rockies. They don't matter to baseball at all, and they just snuck in on a botched call at the plate. If you've gotta pick a horse in the race, pick one that people actually care about.

I never never never never never want to hear that Trevor Hoffman is better than Mariano. Every single time Hoffman pitches in a big spot he fucking chokes.

I've never heard a single soul say that until you just did.

Guest Smues

No he didn't, but I still think that double earlier was a homerun, so it's a push.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Go on, Rockies fans. Don't worry about the illegitimacy of your playoff berth. Buy a 2nd place t-shirt. Celebrate.

I'm not on the Rockies bandwagon, but winning 14 of their last 15 games to clinch a playoff spot is a pretty amazing accomplishment. The Phillies are gonna beat up their weak-ass rotation, though. Hopefully Jorge Julio is still fresh enough to pitch in Game 1. My God, putting in Jorge Julio in a game that your entire season depends upon? Honestly? Zuh? That was a close one there, Clint.

I was only on the Rockies wagon for a playoff berth because I didn't want to see SD stink up the field for a third year in a row... now I don't really care

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Oh man, the Phillies are going to smear the Rockies. It will be glorious. Go back to not giving a shit about your team, Denver.

Cal Ripken to Jorge Julio: "You suck."

Classic.

Oh man, the Phillies are going to smear the Rockies. It will be glorious. Go back to not giving a shit about your team, Denver.

Christ... why all the hate for Colorado?

That's what Barrett gets for being a piece of shit. That was a nice face grind by Holliday. Yes Holliday missed the plate, but from the umpire's vantage point it looked like his hand nipped the plate. Either that or the ump had plans for tonight and saw that as the quickest way to get the fuck out of that game.

Okay, kids, and Muggy, I'm lookin' at you, if you're on the Rockies bandwagon, you're baseball retarded. It's the fucking Colorado Rockies. They don't matter to baseball at all, and they just snuck in on a botched call at the plate. If you've gotta pick a horse in the race, pick one that people actually care about.

I'm not on a bandwagon. I was just saying something now that the game was FINALLY over. I can see where you can get that idea from though.

Too late. Bob Barron has already purchased his flat-billed Colorado Rockies cap to celebrate.

Edited by NYU

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I'm sorry, it's just that the joy and elation that comes with playoff berths for the Marlins, Diamondbacks, and Rockies is a bit of a hard sell for me. These are the parks where the road teams' fans outnumber.

The bottom line is we'll never know if he really touched the plate or not. It's still one of the best games and finishes anyone will ever see, however, not to mention a great run by the Rockies... and watching the shit fly on both sides is hilarious.

What do I care. I'm one of those same fair weather fans in Denver who didn't begin caring until the last month, but it's not like we have the Rockies ingrained in our history nor have the Monforts and O'Dowd ever given a reason to care about them before now, despite the city supporting the team in large numbers until the 99/00, with only the one playoff appearance to show for it.

Oh. Yes, Dinger fucking sucks.

The Colorado win was exciting tonight and I'll be honest, I am a little happy for their fans to see such a monumental comeback the last month of the season. The real fans of course. Are they the feel-good team of the postseason? Sure. Why not.

Of course, I'm still putting my support behind the Cubs. Because if there's a single team in Major League Baseball that Mets fans can sympathize with besides their own, it's the Cubs.

If you are going to jump aboard a wagon for a team on the reasoning that they haven't won a title in a long fucking time, don't do it for the team where fans (not all of them but a good amount) blame goats, black cats and spectators for the failure of their team. Put your weight behind Cleveland. That city could use a championship.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I think only lazy sportswriters still go with that, but that's okay; you know everything.

I don't care who wins it this time around as long as it isn't the D-Backs or Angels, I just didn't want the Padres to get in.

Hate scale

Giants Padres

Angels

D-Backs

I said yesterday that Cleveland/Chicago would be good WS matchup but..

But wouldnt it be funny if in 2007, the Cleveland Indians lost to another 1993 Expansion Team, 10 years after they lost to the Marlins?

I cant quite say a Rockies/Indians WS would be a ratings draw, but that would be kinda interesting.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I said yesterday that Cleveland/Chicago would be good WS matchup but..

But wouldnt it be funny if in 2007, the Cleveland Indians lost to another 1993 Expansion Team, 10 years after they lost to the Marlins?

No, not really, no more than it would've been funny if the Mariners beat the Phillies in 2003. Totally irrelevant and trivial.

What is funny about Colorado winning a title? At least in 1997, it was a hired team winning the title (it made it no less dishearting to see but at least that team had a design and followed it). This team is just Matt Holliday and some other guys. Nothing remotely appealing about them, their supposed fanbase or trendy ballpark. With Chicago, NY, LA, Philadelphia, Boston all involved, ratings should be decent but that is a irrelevant matter.