TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

Juno

Just saw this tonight and I genuinely liked it. I went in with high hopes and ended up more pleased with the end result than I expected. It had so many great one-liners that had me laughing throughout. Great, great writing. I hope this nabs a few awards as I know it is nominated for a couple. I was surprised at how packed it was. It is only showing in the artshouse theater that is 40 minutes away from where I live, but in an area where I have to go for work and other stuff. I caught the 10:15 showing tonight (Thursday) with some friends and it was pretty crowded.

Anyone else catch this yet?

I absolutely despised Ellen Page in Hard Candy, to the point where I'm literally yelling "RAPE HER!" at the screen, and "KILL HER! YOU KILLED THAT OTHER GIRL AND GOT AWAY WITH IT! KILL HER TOO!" It prejudiced me so bad that I wouldn't even watch X-Men because she was in it.

But that's one thing that's good about this movie, the rest of the cast is so good, it got me to finally calm down and say "Ok, that was a character she played. Don't get carried away now..." That is one hell of a cast, I must admit.

So I'll see it. Not until next year, though, probably. I do intend to yell out "RAPE HER!" when she first appears on screen though. My friends will get it at least.

Saw this last weekend. It's awesome. Hilarious and really good. During the first 10 minutes or so I worried that it was going to be indier than thou and painful to watch a la Garden State, but it settles down after the opening drugstore scene. Ellen Page is pretty fantastic, and Michael Cera continues to be great playing a slight variation on his usual character. It's pretty much peak work for all the notable actors in it.

I actually had free passes to this for an advanced screening, but my stepdaughter's end of the season soccer party was the same night......so yeah you can figure out which event I was attending.....lol.

Just got back, and it was awesome. I definately see an Oscar nom for Paige, and in a year that wasn't so top-heavy with supporting performances, maybe a dark horse nom for JK Simmons.

Saw this last weekend. It's awesome. Hilarious and really good. During the first 10 minutes or so I worried that it was going to be indier than thou and painful to watch a la Garden State, but it settles down after the opening drugstore scene. Ellen Page is pretty fantastic, and Michael Cera continues to be great playing a slight variation on his usual character. It's pretty much peak work for all the notable actors in it.

Yeah, that animated opening thing had me a little worried too, but you are right, once it hit the drug store, it picked up and never turned back IMO. I marked out big time when

Rainn Wilson

showed up too because I had no idea he was in it.

wtf on putting a spoiler tag on Rainn Wilson. Was LivingLegendGaryColeman thinking afterwards "HOLY SHIT, GUYS, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO PLAYED THE CONVENIENCE STORE CLERK"

Plus, yeah, he's in the fucking trailer. And maybe even the tv commercials, but that I'm neither sure of nor do I wish for anyone to confirm or deny it.

My bad. Guess I should check the trailer. I didn't really see too much on this besides the main cast, so I didn't know if it was a surprise cameo. I know it was like a two minute part of the movie, but not knowing it was advertised I didn't want to spoil it for anyone cause I was genuinely surprised to see him.

I've become annoyed with a lot of the media going, "OMG! A STRIPPER WROTE THIS MOVIE! WHAT A GREAT FILM!" over this instead of focusing on the actual film. I plan to see this in a few days. I just don't want this to be a good film that gets crapped on due to the media's angle of pushing it. Fuck, it's even gotten to me the past few days.

This movie was good, but it felt like they were trying a bit too hard to spawn Napoleon Dynamite-like catchphrases from the dialogue.

I was, however, totally stoked to see Sean from Degrassi in a small part. I guess Lushus and Carnival are going to have to see the movie now.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
Saw this last weekend. It's awesome. Hilarious and really good. During the first 10 minutes or so I worried that it was going to be indier than thou and painful to watch a la Garden State, but it settles down after the opening drugstore scene.

I was going to say the same thing, but Little Miss Sunshine.

Jason Bateman gave my favorite performance of the film, I think. Loved the chemistry between Michael Cera and Ellen Page. Some of the one-liners got a bit annoying but I adored the entire film.

Also, hello Velvet Underground and Belle & Sebastian and other members I didn't recognize from the great soundtrack.

I really liked this movie even though the plot was kind of weak and predictable. I think the cast and their delivery, cinematography and soundtrack really amped up my enjoyment of this film enough to consider seeing it a secone time.

I'm going to see this tomorrow. Gotta admit with Michael Cera in it and a pregnancy plotline it sounds like Knocked Up meets Superbad. It might not end up like that, but it's the vibe I got from the trailer.

I have to admit this is the first movie I've ever seen where I came out thinking "Man, I am getting old." I guess it was the retro 1993 Seattle grunge vibe from Bateman.

Anyway, the movie was good enough. Perhaps trying a bit too hard to be an indie hipster movie, but once I got used to that it was fun.

This was a beautiful beautiful movie, I agree at first I thought "okay too self-concious cutsey dialogue" but it settled and all I could think while watching was, "where were all the Juno's at my high school growing up, and why wasn't I getting them pregnant?" All the deserved talk for Ellen Page for Best Actress notwithstanding, I hope people remmember Jennifer Garner, she took what looks at first like a one-note character and gives it depth and surprising tenderness. WTG for JJ Abrams allumni.

The scene between her and Bateman discussing baby room colors is one of the sharpest character development scenes in a film I've seen in awhile

This movie was great. The internet lingo they used during the whole movie really annoyed me at first, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad. The movie really rolls along when she gets to the women's clinic. I'm really surprised that this movie is doing so well in the box office also.