TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

maybe I'm being bias, but it does seem like Punk was in the right for defending himself with Atlas didn't even know that Punk was the ECW champion.

I think everyone comes off poorly. It was stupid to send Atlas in when he knows nothing of the product, it was wrong for Punk to be a dick and it was outright ludicrous for OVW officials to let the situation get out of hand.

Hopefully that CNN crew caught every bit of it for their documentary they are filming by following around CM Punk.

WWE announcing the main event for Cyber Sunday on WWE.com reminded me of the match announcing process for Survivor Series last year. That was a pretty fun week, they should do it again this year with the same kind of mixed up elimination matches. Also, they should have them not suck this year come PPV time.

Didn't Triple H once debunk the WCW Title while insulting Booker T during the "total burial of Booker T" fued?

Yup, Helmsley insulted the the very belt he was holding right over his own shoulder.

On page 25 of The WWE’s special issue magazine,”The Complete History of Champions” in the upper right hand corner while discussing the title’s history the text reads as follows:

”Triple H Awarded The Title

With Brock Lesner taking his title exclusively to Smackdown, the Superstars of RAW were going to need something to fight for. So GM Eric Bischoff resurrected the WCW Championship, renaming it the World Heavyweight Championship and simply handed it to Triple H.”

Case closed! The WWE has now officially admitted what I’ve said from the start. The WCW and WHC World titles are one and the same. Go out and get a copy right away so that you will always have official documentation to show any remaining non-believers. The legacy of the WCW Championship lives on!

I was thinking...

If the WWE was to have a Brawl For All based on the roster that they have now, who do you think would enter and who do you think would win?

Amidst all of the politics and egos backstage, I wonder if a Brawl For All legit tournament would even be feasable.

If Shad Gaspard was still with the WWE, I would pick him as my winner, but I really don't know who I would pick now.

Didn't Triple H once debunk the WCW Title while insulting Booker T during the "total burial of Booker T" fued?

Yup, Helmsley insulted the the very belt he was holding right over his own shoulder.

On page 25 of The WWE’s special issue magazine,”The Complete History of Champions” in the upper right hand corner while discussing the title’s history the text reads as follows:

”Triple H Awarded The Title

With Brock Lesner taking his title exclusively to Smackdown, the Superstars of RAW were going to need something to fight for. So GM Eric Bischoff resurrected the WCW Championship, renaming it the World Heavyweight Championship and simply handed it to Triple H.”

Case closed! The WWE has now officially admitted what I’ve said from the start. The WCW and WHC World titles are one and the same. Go out and get a copy right away so that you will always have official documentation to show any remaining non-believers. The legacy of the WCW Championship lives on!

Just because WWE says so doesn't make it so. Otherwise the ECW title carries the same lineage from when Rhino was the very last champion of the company, but it isn't. And the World title isn't the WCW title.

Yeah, Booker made reference that he was a 5 time WCW champ and Triple H's comeback was something like "The same WCW title that had guys like Vince Russo and David Arquette held?". I wonder how much of that promo was planned and how much Triple H was shooting?

Has anyone seen the new wave of WWE action figures? If you look at the back of the card, there is Mr. Child-Murderer himself, with a couple WWE logo stickers sloppily-applied to the card to try to cover-up the figure. You can still see the majority of his upper body, and most of his lower torso however.

Has anyone seen the new wave of WWE action figures? If you look at the back of the card, there is Mr. Child-Murderer himself, with a couple WWE logo stickers sloppily-applied to the card to try to cover-up the figure. You can still see the majority of his upper body, and most of his lower torso however.

a few weeks back at Walmart, I noticed they have this playset with 5 miniature figures and a ring. One of the figures was supposed to be Chris Benoit but his name is blacked out...guess who they replaced his figure with? HHH. What's funny is that he's already a part of that set so you get TWO HHH figures.

Cyber Sunday is now Orton defending against either HBK, Hardy, or Kennedy. No HIAC. I wonder if they'll put it as an option for a HHH vs Umaga match.

I could see Kennedy winning if the balloting isnt rigged.

over HBK or Hardy? Nigga you crazy

Cyber Sunday is now Orton defending against either HBK, Hardy, or Kennedy. No HIAC. I wonder if they'll put it as an option for a HHH vs Umaga match.

Yeah Marvin, not a chance.

Actually, it would have been nice if Cena was healthy still, they went and put the title on RKO regardless, and then for CS, they put HHH, HBK AND Cena up against each other and had a legit poll.

Further edit:

Also, a few years ago (last year?) they had the winner of the poll (HBK) take on HHH, while the two losers (HWSNBN and Edge) take on the tag champs.

Would have been nice if they'd done it this year, and somehow have Michaels and Kennedy win the tag titles, they'd make an interesting team.

Here we f'ing go.

Actually, it would have been nice if Cena was healthy still, they went and put the title on RKO regardless, and then for CS, they put HHH, HBK AND Cena up against each other and had a legit poll.

Further edit:

Also, a few years ago (last year?) they had the winner of the poll (HBK) take on HHH, while the two losers (HWSNBN and Edge) take on the tag champs.

Would have been nice if they'd done it this year, and somehow have Michaels and Kennedy win the tag titles, they'd make an interesting team.

I think HBK had a severely inujured knee at the time. Despite that, as a testament to just how good he is though, he managed to carry HHH to a MOTY candidate, on one leg.

I'll agree though. The interactions between Kennedy and HBK as tag champs would make for some great tv.

SMACKDOWN'S NEWEST DIVA ALREADY GONE FROM WWE

by Mike Johnson

I guess you could file this as "True Love Conquers WWE?"

Krissy Vaine, who just debuted on the Smackdown brand on 9/28 in an angle where she laid out Torrie Wilson, is already gone from World Wrestling Entertainment. The word going around within the company is that Vaine and Ryan O'Reilly (who are involved) both asked for their respective releases because of the travel and distance apart while working the main roster.

Vaine signed with WWE in January 2006 and had worked for Deep South Wrestling and Florida Championship Wrestling while under her developmental deal. Before signing, she was a regular in the Mid-Atlantic independent scene, most notable as one half of the Team Blondage tag team with Amber O'Neale.

Ryan O'Reilly signed with WWE in August 2005 and at one point, was slated to be part of the revived ECW brand when it launched a year later as part of a tag team with Derek Neikirk. He never made it to WWE TV as a regular performer but was a major part of DSW during its time as a WWE developmental area and was in FCW in recent months.

O'Reilly had just been sent on the road in recent weeks for the Raw brand. Vaine was set to be on the Smackdown side of the roster, so the reality of that time and distance apart is said to have prompted the couple's decision to approach the company and ask to be let go from their deals.

As you can imagine, there were quite a few developmental performers rolling their eyes at the couple in recent days, feeling that they worked to get a shot with the company, only to waste WWE's time and throw all that work away just as they were about to benefit from that time and work. In the couple's defense, if they mutually decided to walk away because it's what they wanted for their personal and professional lives together, you can't begrudge them and can only wish them well.

a few weeks back at Walmart, I noticed they have this playset with 5 miniature figures and a ring. One of the figures was supposed to be Chris Benoit but his name is blacked out...guess who they replaced his figure with? HHH. What's funny is that he's already a part of that set so you get TWO HHH figures.

So who does the job in a match where HHH has to fight himself?

Guest Ant

I love Krissy Vaine but she is an assclown for doing that. She knew from the beginning one could get called up without the other. Hell Punk and Maria are doing ok, Kristal and Lashley are.

What a complete waste of time the work she has done.

I love Krissy Vaine but she is an assclown for doing that. She knew from the beginning one could get called up without the other. Hell Punk and Maria are doing ok, Kristal and Lashley are.

Kristal did ask to switch brands and was set to go to Raw to be with Lashley before his injury. She will still go to Raw when he comes back though. Matt Hardy also asked to switch to be with Lita. It happens.

Also, somehow I don't see Punk and Maria being too serious about the relationship that they'd risk pissing off people by asking to be together. In fact, when's the last time you heard anything about those two.

Kristal did ask to switch brands and was set to go to Raw to be with Lashley before his injury. She will still go to Raw when he comes back though. Matt Hardy also asked to switch to be with Lita. It happens.

Also, somehow I don't see Punk and Maria being too serious about the relationship that they'd risk pissing off people by asking to be together. In fact, when's the last time you heard anything about those two.

Punk has dated people in the business for years, he's used to different schedules. Maria was a model for years, I'm sure she is also used to it as well. The lack of "news" is probably a good thing, for them.

I don't blame Krissy for what she did but she got into the business knowing she'd have to make a sacrifice.

Mickie James and Kenny Dykstra are too as far as I know. None of those couples are less valid because they didn't commit hara-kiri to their WWE careers.

Wrestlers who want to maintain both their professional and personal lives do what it takes to balance things out. O'Reilly and Vaine aren't necessarily bad people, it just doesn't seem like wrestling is a high priority for them at the moment. It is what it is.