TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

I don't recall Jeter really being around in OVW much when he was in the Spirit Squad. Before that he was an ultra douchebag heel feuding with Matt Cappotelli. He might be able to play face, but he seems more comfortable as a heel.

IIRC when Nova first signed with WWE he was sent to OVW and teamed with Jeter and became Tag Champs. They were both face and from what I remember they were super over and the fans loved them. He has so much potential, I thought the most out of any of the SS memebers and was hoping that he'd be the one they pushed. Kenny has good talent too, though.

I don't recall Jeter really being around in OVW much when he was in the Spirit Squad. Before that he was an ultra douchebag heel feuding with Matt Cappotelli. He might be able to play face, but he seems more comfortable as a heel.

Jeter rips into Matt Cappotelli and Dean Hill flips his lid over it

Jeter is extremely comfortable playing the heel.

IIRC when Nova first signed with WWE he was sent to OVW and teamed with Jeter and became Tag Champs. They were both face and from what I remember they were super over and the fans loved them. He has so much potential, I thought the most out of any of the SS memebers and was hoping that he'd be the one they pushed. Kenny has good talent too, though.

Mike Mondo FTW!

Guest Kesh

on a completely unrelated note, just wondering if anyone could help me compile a list of Last Man Standing matches

off the top of my head I can recall

1) WWE Title Triple H© vs Randy Orton, No Mercy 2007

2) World Heavyweight Title The Undertaker© vs Batista, Backlash 2007

3) WWE Title John Cena© vs Umaga, Royal Rumble 2007

4) The Undertaker vs The Great Khali, Smackdown Aug. 2006

5) Ric Flair vs Triple H, Survivor Series 2005

6) Kurt Angle vs JBL, Smackdown Jan. 2005

7) World Heavyweight Title Triple H© vs Shawn Michaels, Royal Rumble 2004

8) Kane vs Shane McMahon, Unforgiven 2003

9) Big Show vs Shane McMahon, Backlash 2001

10) Chris Jericho vs Kane, Armageddon 2000

11) Chris Jericho vs Triple H, Fully Loaded 2000

12) WWF Title Mankind© vs The Rock, St Valentines Day Massacre 1999

I'm sure theres some I've missed, so if you think of any please post

I really enjoyed most of those matches quite a bit, I think this could be my favorite gimmick match

That was super tasty.

ASSSSSSSSS.... HOLE!

That was super tasty.

ASSSSSSSSS.... HOLE!

Dean Hill going nuts is just incredible. The guy hasn't even so much as raised his voice in the entire time he's been in OVW, and out of nowhere he goes off the deep end, calling Johnny Jeter an asshole, flipping him the bird and telling him, "fuck you". It would be like Gordon Solie in Georgia turning into Jim Ross circa 2007 and calling a heel a no-good bastard and telling him to go straight to hell. Jeter is great as a smarmy heel, but Dean Hill is the star of that angle.

Meltz is reporting in today's update that Teddy Hart has been released due to a problem with mgmt. Too bad, he has all the tools to be a mega star but he is likely too big of a headcase for that to ever happen.

I'm really digging Jeter going to ECW as he was on my "Developmantals I'd like to see in ECW" shortlist, however it looks like the wrestler atop said list - Paul Burchill - is still heading to SD! I got my hopes up when Drew Galloway debuted being managed/seconded by Dave Taylor that maybe the Burchill/Taylor tag team that had been touring househows and dark matches had been dropped. Sadly Burchill is just going to be part of a faction along with Taylor and Galloway.

ECW still needs about 3-4 more developmental call-ups.

Why do certain people like MnM and CM Punk get to keep their gimmicks/personas from OVW (or in Punk's case, independents) and they'll make equally successful talents like Jeter as well as Burchill do something completely different once they get called up. It is one thing if they did it to everyone but they really cherry pick this shit.

Really frustrating shit.

The CBC is looking to do a huge documentary on the why there are so many deaths in wrestling, and was interviewing a number of people this week

Keith Walker and Buck Quartermain were both released from developmental this week.

Believe it or not, and in proof that you can never say never in WWE, there is talk again of restarting Tough Enough in some form. HHH and Stephanie, who are very powerful these days, hate the idea, feeling, among other things, that it exposes the business. Lots of others are strongly in favor of bringing it back, including Kevin Dunn, who is also one of the five most powerful people in the company. Vince actually spearheaded the discussion, since he feels that WWE needs to inject reality-TV into all three brands.

Not sure if they'll go through with it, but about a month ago Lilian Garcia proposed a storyline (yes, Lilian) wherein people would confuse her with Jillian Hall. Speaking of stuff that makes no sense, given that both have been in the company forever. Anyway, she wants to be involved in a storyline to help push her new album, which is interesting because she has historically been vehemently opposed to doing so, and in fact when they did the Viscera/Lilian love affair deal, she protested to the point where the whole thing got cancelled. Basically, the planned story was that after Jillian's name had been screwed up time after time, she'd finally freak out on Lilian. Lilian's idea was that it would lead to Battle of the Bands/American Idol style spin-off angle. Kevin Dunn loved it and was pushing hard for it to happen. They seemed to be planting the seeds for it on Monday. The problem is that it might actually be interesting if you had two people who could really sing, but with Jillian being so horrible I can't imagine the angle having any legs past about a week or so.

Here is a weird story. Vince went nuts the other day. Brian Gewirtz told him that Roddy Piper had gone to a convention and said he was probably going to be one of the choices for guest referee at Cyber Sunday. Vince immediately axed him, then buried him and said they wouldn't be putting him on the list for pitches in the foreseeable future. What's interesting about it is that there were commercials for Cyber Sunday in Canada that listed a Raw title match with Roddy Piper, Steve Austin, and Mick Foley as possible special guest referees. Apparently, nobody cleared that with Vince. So Piper got axed for apparently no good reason, and now the commercial, which is still running, lists the possible referees as Foley, Austin and JBL.

The Major Brothers are down in OVW, and they have gotten horrible reviews. Guys like Steve Williams and Robert Gibson have offered them advice and they've apparently responded like they have no idea who these guys are and can't figure out why they should be listening to anything they say. Tons of heat, and the belief is that they think they shouldn't be there and are above developmental.

Matt Sydal has reported to OVW.

credit:f4w Newsletter

Meltz is reporting in today's update that Teddy Hart has been released due to a problem with mgmt. Too bad, he has all the tools to be a mega star but he is likely too big of a headcase for that to ever happen.

I'm going to comment on this, I know there was an earlier post on it too but same thing...

I'm not exactly thrilled with the WWE right now, they keep firing people and blowing angles over stupid shit. Is Teddy Hart an ass? Sure but firing him just blows another angle, and if being an ass is grounds to be fired Shawn Michaels would have never had a career. They KNEW before they ever signed him he was an ass so to fire him for being an ass is retarded in my view.

Wrestling is a sleazy business, to act like all these people are highly professional is a bit much....if a guy is low card never will be cannon fodder fine fire him for doing something stupid. YOU DO NOT blow angles because the guy acted like a jerk. The problem right now has become that the WWE is to big for it's britches, they are blowing angles and guys who can draw over petty shit, if they had another company competing with them they wouldn't be firing guys for this shit.

Did people get fired for this stupid petty shit when WCW was competing with them every week? I don't think so....This a company that fires people for being unprofessional yet Randy Orton is champion, hows this make sense? If they wanna take this overly professional stance then apply it to everyone....but no it's just like anything else... you can be a big dick major asshole if you are a favorite son of the company but if you are not 1 screw up you're out the door.

Just like with pushes, some guys will get 82 chances other guys get 1.

The Krissy Vaine story has morphed a bit, but O' Reilly walked with her but it appears her and Michelle McCool didn't like each other and once the WWE's resident cum bucket informed her fuck buddy Taker of this he was telling management about it and Vaine was fucked from the get go.....

Being a cum bucket has it's advantages....McCool has more influence than any female there due to her relationship with Taker and the higher ups liking her..

Or they could be star struck around the two legends, which comes off just as bad.(In regards to Major Brothers)

The thing about Teddy Hart is that he comes off as dis-respectful (according to internet rumors and some of the stuff we KNOW he's done.) and wrestling is built on respect, espically with the WWE, so when it came to Teddy Hart why would anyone be shocked or surprised he was going to be let go. Teddy Hart wasn't going to last with the WWE, espically if he did actually get called up to either the Raw or Smackdown lockerroom.

I'm calling bull on that "Jericho won't be using Chris" thing...for one reason.

They haven't stopped calling him Chris Masters on Smackdown, have they?

So why would Jericho, a bigger star, NOT still be called Chris Jericho?

I'm going to comment on this, I know there was an earlier post on it too but same thing...

I'm not exactly thrilled with the WWE right now, they keep firing people and blowing angles over stupid shit. Is Teddy Hart an ass? Sure but firing him just blows another angle, and if being an ass is grounds to be fired Shawn Michaels would have never had a career. They KNEW before they ever signed him he was an ass so to fire him for being an ass is retarded in my view.

Wrestling is a sleazy business, to act like all these people are highly professional is a bit much....if a guy is low card never will be cannon fodder fine fire him for doing something stupid. YOU DO NOT blow angles because the guy acted like a jerk. The problem right now has become that the WWE is to big for it's britches, they are blowing angles and guys who can draw over petty shit, if they had another company competing with them they wouldn't be firing guys for this shit.

Did people get fired for this stupid petty shit when WCW was competing with them every week? I don't think so....This a company that fires people for being unprofessional yet Randy Orton is champion, hows this make sense? If they wanna take this overly professional stance then apply it to everyone....but no it's just like anything else... you can be a big dick major asshole if you are a favorite son of the company but if you are not 1 screw up you're out the door.

Just like with pushes, some guys will get 82 chances other guys get 1.

The Krissy Vaine story has morphed a bit, but O' Reilly walked with her but it appears her and Michelle McCool didn't like each other and once the WWE's resident cum bucket informed her fuck buddy Taker of this he was telling management about it and Vaine was fucked from the get go.....

Being a cum bucket has it's advantages....McCool has more influence than any female there due to her relationship with Taker and the higher ups liking her..

You do realize your talking about Teddy Hart, right? Your right, maybe the WWE shouldn't have gotten rid of Teddy, maybe they should have tried to do what so many have failed to do before and that's change his attitude...but this is Teddy Hart. The only person who should be blamed for blowing a major angle is Teddy Hart. He was given a chance to actually make some money and he blew it. You can't just blame the WWE for getting rid of Teddy if he was indeed fucking up.

Though I do agree with you about certain people already on tv getting a lot of extra chances, Orton should have been let go a long time ago due to his major fuck ups, but he gets speical chances or something like that.

I've still never heard any sort of proof that Michelle is anywhere near as big of a slut as everyone seems to want to think she is. "Oooooh, she dates Undertaker." Well, 90% of the Divas end up dating wrestlers, so how the hell does that make Michelle any bigger of a slut then the rest of them?

I'm not saying she's not, since, you know, I don't work at WWE or know her personally, but this targeting of her by the people on this board is rediculous.

I've still never heard any sort of proof that Michelle is anywhere near as big of a slut as everyone seems to want to think she is. "Oooooh, she dates Undertaker." Well, 90% of the Divas end up dating wrestlers, so how the hell does that make Michelle any bigger of a slut then the rest of them?

I'm not saying she's not, since, you know, I don't work at WWE or know her personally, but this targeting of her by the people on this board is rediculous.

Yeah, I'm hearing a lot of stories about how she is a favorite with some of the older guys. People automatically assume because she is putting out all the time. Who knows, she might actually be a decent person to talk to, and doesn't carry the prima donna, diva, ego bullshit baggage with her.

Then again, she may do ass to mouth, which would make her popular in most circles.

The Major Brothers are down in OVW, and they have gotten horrible reviews. Guys like Steve Williams and Robert Gibson have offered them advice and they've apparently responded like they have no idea who these guys are and can't figure out why they should be listening to anything they say. Tons of heat, and the belief is that they think they shouldn't be there and are above developmental.

I guess I'll be seeing them back on Long Island soon enough. Fucking idiots.

I'm calling bull on that "Jericho won't be using Chris" thing...for one reason.

They haven't stopped calling him Chris Masters on Smackdown, have they?

So why would Jericho, a bigger star, NOT still be called Chris Jericho?

While I don't believe it, I can think of one reason. Masters is on Smackdown, Jericho would be on RAW. RAW is the flagship program and the show that held the tribute night.

I'm not saying I believe it for one second, but it has been obvious the WWE views Smackdown as the ultimate in B shows and just may not really care.

I still think the only reason they would call him Jericho only is because they are terrified Jim Ross will fuck up and still confuse him with Chris Benoit. I wonder, if Ross did confuse the two and called Jericho "Benoit" on Raw would that get him fired?

Personally I think the whole "last name only" fetish in WWE is idiocy. We know Batista's name is Dave, so why not just call him Dave Batista? We already recall Finlay used to be Fit Finlay, so just call him that (I can see not calling him Dave Finlay).

is just calling him Jericho really that big of a deal? I mean REALLY?

Hard to say, leaves him wide open for "coming BACK to CBS" jokes. Otherwise, nah.

Guest christophemagnifique

Why is Hardcore Holly getting a push? He's boring and has no charisma. I'd be happy if he was used to put young, better talent over, but letting him beat up Rhodes over and over again and then stand over him like some miserable grandpa. What is that about?

False, Nova teamed with Chris Cage as Adrenaline, until he got injured and replaced himself with Tank Toland, leading to Nova turning heel and forming the Jersey Shore Crew with Danny Inferno and Aaron Stevens. Jeter was a babyface molded after Jericho for a while before being paired with Cappotelli as The Thrillseekers. The peak of his OVW run did come after his heel turn, which was probably the most entertaining era in OVW history.

Calling him "Jericho" could make sense if the "save_us" promos really are tied to him, and he comes in with some sort of pseudo-messiah type gimmick. "I, JERICHO, will save the WWE from the evils of Triple H! Join me in my crusade!" or something like that. Otherwise, I doubt hearing him called "Chris Jericho" is instantly going to remind people about Chris Benoit killing his wife and son.

As far as Batista, I always thought calling him "David Batista" would have sounded better. "Dave Batista" is kind of lame sounding.