TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

Why is Hardcore Holly getting a push? He's boring and has no charisma. I'd be happy if he was used to put young, better talent over, but letting him beat up Rhodes over and over again and then stand over him like some miserable grandpa. What is that about?

Cause in terms of seniority, I think he's only behind the Undertaker. Holly is pretty much a protected guy in that he'll probably always have some type of job with the company.

The whole Holly deal is supposed to lead to Rhodes' getting over by earning his respect, and they're set to feud with Cade and Murdoch for the titles, per a recent Observer.

The whole Holly deal is supposed to lead to Rhodes' getting over by earning his respect, and they're set to feud with Cade and Murdoch for the titles, per a recent Observer.

That's a good storyline in theory, but it only works if the veteran in question is someone whose opinion the audience cares about.

Ric Flair would have been perfect for that...especially when you factor in his ties to Dusty Rhodes.

It's just too bad Flair is pretty much out of rub and Cody's push was anally raped repeatedly by Orton.

Ric Flair would have been perfect for that...especially when you factor in his ties to Dusty Rhodes.

That's true but Flair already did something similar with Carlito this year. I'd rather Cody try to earn the "respect" of a heel, similar to that of a lackey but also showing a true vicious streak. Maybe with Finlay, would work.

I just don't see how anything is going to work with Cody they way they dogged him out during is first couple of months. I mean he was Orton's babe right from the start. Couldn't save his father, kept getting himself beat down.

I just don't see how anything is going to work with Cody they way they dogged him out during is first couple of months. I mean he was Orton's babe right from the start. Couldn't save his father, kept getting himself beat down.

If they have him snap and just go apeshit on someone, and he can pull of a decent crazy eyes look then he can get past his debuting months.

It's just too bad Flair is pretty much out of rub and Cody's push was anally raped repeatedly by Orton.

It would have been great only if the payoff was Flair jumping Cody Rhodes in the end simply because he's Dusty's son and "stupid" enough to trust "The Nature Boy".

Would have been a good way to do a "legends" match as Flair's going out angle - Set up one last match with him and Dusty. Granted, it'd be pretty rough to watch... but would it be any worse than a lot of the stuff they're doing?

I don't see what was wrong with a young rookie coming in and getting beaten up a few times by the now world champion. So he couldn't save his dad... he tried.

It's realistic that a young kid wouldn't be able to fight for himself against a vicious and calculated guy like Orton but for many people around these parts, it's all about first impressions.

I guess it's not so much that Cody should lose to Orton if they faced off, it's just that they shouldn't be facing off because it will just make Cody look like a jobber. Once you get that jobber label it's hard to shake it. When they try to push Kenny at some point this is going to hurt him, since he's basically a jobber.

I guess it's not so much that Cody should lose to Orton if they faced off, it's just that they shouldn't be facing off because it will just make Cody look like a jobber. Once you get that jobber label it's hard to shake it. When they try to push Kenny at some point this is going to hurt him, since he's basically a jobber.

John Cena's first WWE appearence was in a loss to Kurt Angle during the whole Angle Invitational gimmick. Even though Cena looked good in the fight, he lost the match... but still, it didn't hurt him in the long run.

yeah but he still isn't over...

i'm kidding, i'm kidding... jeez.

EDIT: don't ya just love the Cyber Sunday promo when Lawler gets excited over the schoolgirl outfit stipulation?

John Cena's first WWE appearence was in a loss to Kurt Angle during the whole Angle Invitational gimmick. Even though Cena looked good in the fight, he lost the match... but still, it didn't hurt him in the long run.

It's because he did like competitive that the loss didn't hurt Cena. In no way did Cody look competitive against Orton, which did just as much damage as losing did.

It's because he did like competitive that the loss didn't hurt Cena. In no way did Cody look competitive against Orton, which did just as much damage as losing did.

I figured Cody getting the slap in on Orton was enough.

WWE RAW Survivor Series Tour

Braunschweig, Germany - Volkswagen Halle

- Balls Mahoney defeated The Miz via Roll Up.

- Snitsky defeated Super Crazy with the Pumphandle Slam.

- Tommy Dreamer defeated Elijah Burke with a Powerbomb.

- Cody Rhodes defeated Carlito by Roll Up.

World Tag Team Championship

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch © defeated Paul London & Brian Kendrick with a Sitdown Powerbomb.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan defeated RAW General Manager William Regal via Three Point Stance Clothesline

In a Diva Contest with Val Venis as Special Referee, Candice Michelle beats Beth Phoenix, Layla and Kelly Kelly. Afterwards Phoenix attacks Candice, but the champ gets undressed.

Mr. Kennedy defeated Hardcore Holly

Triple H & Jeff Hardy defeated Randy Orton & Umaga with a Pedigree against Orton.

Credits: MOONSAULT.de

I might not be remembering this right, but didn't they do this Rhodes/Holly angle 5.5 years ago with Orton/Holly? I mean, right down to the same deal... Orton had 3 matches with Holly and finally won the 3rd one and a handshake.

WWE RAW Survivor Series Tour

Braunschweig, Germany - Volkswagen Halle

- Balls Mahoney defeated The Miz via Roll Up.

- Snitsky defeated Super Crazy with the Pumphandle Slam.

- Tommy Dreamer defeated Elijah Burke with a Powerbomb.

- Cody Rhodes defeated Carlito by Roll Up.

World Tag Team Championship

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch © defeated Paul London & Brian Kendrick with a Sitdown Powerbomb.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan defeated RAW General Manager William Regal via Three Point Stance Clothesline

In a Diva Contest with Val Venis as Special Referee, Candice Michelle beats Beth Phoenix, Layla and Kelly Kelly. Afterwards Phoenix attacks Candice, but the champ gets undressed.

Mr. Kennedy defeated Hardcore Holly

Triple H & Jeff Hardy defeated Randy Orton & Umaga with a Pedigree against Orton.

Credits: MOONSAULT.de

Was there something significant you intended to point out? Orton gets pinned? Is that the big issue?

tonight is the first night I've seen the Festus gimmick in-ring...you know, the whole bell thing. Oh what fun will be had with that particular gimmick once someone gets a hold of the ring bell... <_<

tonight is the first night I've seen the Festus gimmick in-ring...you know, the whole bell thing. Oh what fun will be had with that particular gimmick once someone gets a hold of the ring bell... <_<

It's a wonder with Michael Hayes on the Smackdown roster that he didn't push for Ray Gordy to be in a new version of The Freebirds.

Lame or not, I'd cheer for it only if I could hear "Badstreet" on Smackdown every week.

PWI is reporting that Robert Gibson has been fired from his job as a trainer in OVW. No details were available.

Damn, right after reports of bringing him up to the main roster.

I was wondering if anyone had any scans of articles that covered the whole steroid scandal that went down in the last few months. I'm doing a speech about steroids in professional wrestling in my Oral Communications class. I have a lot of internet sources, but I just needed some actual sources from magazines or newspapers.