TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

WWE.com has learned that several meetings have taken place between Acting SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero and ECW General Manager Armando Estrada that, if ratified, would allow SmackDown and ECW Superstars to compete on Tuesday and Friday nights.

Shouldnt this have its own thread?

Not really. People are barely commenting on it here. We don't even make OAO SmackDown threads anymore, people just comment in the spoilers thread... and if THAT goes more than 2 pages, it's a "busy week".

The story is also pretty straight forward in what it's reporting and there isn't much to discuss. The brands have been mixing it up so much over the past year anyway.

I just hope this double brand thing ends soon. It really hasn't done much in the terms of creating more business for the E has it?

This might belong in the General folder, but oh well. Is Bret's book out yet? I read a Observer bit where it said there was a big release in Canada this week, but it won't be out in the U.S until "well into" 2008.

Bret is supposed to be brutally honest in the book. He owns up to cheating on his original wife a lot while on the road.

On a side-note, Bret's wife's 3-year transformation from beautiful woman to obese ogre is scary. They show her in the crowd a lot during Survivor Series '94 and she is this hot, skinny blonde thing. 3 years later at Survivor Series '97, she's turned into a filthy, overweight ogre. It's scary.

Wow, not only is it another Affliction rip-off, it is a wrestling shirt that you might be comfortable enough to wear in public.

31164X.JPG

That shirt looks like every bad 80s metal album cover.

why do they need to put their logo on the shirts? isn't it enough on the label? It stops me from buying any wrestling shirts. Not that any of them are actually anything i'd wear, but if they were i wouldn't wear them just because of that damn logo.

From F4W:

In a huge surprise, Krissy Vaine and Ryan O'Reilly quit this week. WHO?, you may ask? Vaine was the blonde chick who attacked Torrie on Smackdown several weeks back and was never seen again. What happened was, seriously, O'Reilly and Vaine were dating, she was on Smackdown, he found out he was going to Raw, they couldn't handle being apart on the road, so they both quit. People in WWE were stunned at the stupidity, but also not surprised. Apparently, Vaine has been with the company in developmental for eighteen months and was constantly dating someone in the system. First she was dating Kevin Matthews and the two of them ended up being a real headache for the office, then he got fired (and one source said he had no idea how Matthews even got signed in the first place since he didn't have much in-ring talent and was a horrible promo, plus he had a bad attitude) and she dumped him and started dating O'Reilly. Vince liked O'Reilly because he heard he was an Irish ruffian (seriously) and they brought him up to work some ECW dark matches last fall. He didn't get good reports so he was sent back down to developmental. Krissy was scheduled for a huge push on Smackdown, meaning to the level where she would have gotten a tremendous amount of TV time and be pushed as the top in-ring women's heel.

They'd had plans for her of one sort or another for the past eight months, and Michael Hayes in particular was very high on her since she had a ton of indy experience before coming to the company and he felt she was above and beyond pretty much every other girl on the roster. So she finally got the big debut and then promptly quit. The great irony of this story is that O'Reilly was booked on some Raw house shows completely at random, merely as a way to get him back onto the radar. There were zero plans to send him to Raw or anywhere else for that matter, but when they saw the Raw bookings I guess the lost their minds. It's said the chances of either getting another look in the future are about zero.

Boy that was exactly what I said about it too, numerous times guys work house shows for a brand then don't go there, Palumbo worked a ton of Raw houses and darks.

Wait, they never bothered to go "So, where will he go?". I take back what I said, they are morons. I think they wanted to be in TNA anyways and found this as an excuse. Krissy would be used better and Riley can still work various indie promotions on the side.

They wanted Krissy to be the top heel female on smackdown. How can she be used better than that? Especially considering tna already have enough women as it is.

She pretty much flushed away a huge push for no reason other than her boyfriend wasn't thought of well by the company.

She'll never get another chance like that, and to say she'll be used better by TNA is laughable. Not nearly as many people will see her even if the push is the same which is as good as it gets for a female wrestler these days.

I just wonder if WWE will bother with keeping the angle going with a new girl in place, it's not as if the fans will notice a difference.

The only problem is, if you see any of the DSW footage she did, there's a lot of it on youtube.....she probably did as much speaking as all of the others combined. She was very well prepared to carry an angle with other women.

Yeah, they could probably use this chance to use Angel Williams Shantelle Taylor ... who do they have in development right now?

Somewhat on topic, I saw pictures that made it appear Shantelle tried to buy her job back, chestily speaking.

Edit: Yeah, I have no idea how to do the strike out effect.

Fuck em - I hope that I read online in the near future that they broke up. Preferably over something stupid like she asked him if she looked fat in a dress, and she was pissed at his response. That about sounds like something we'd hear from these two knuckleheads.

Milena Roucka's still in development. She's stuck with it this long so she's obviously got some passion.

I guess she has an advantage that she's in OVW and not FCW.......also they probably like her since she's a diva search girl that's still hanging on.

Is Katie Lea still under contract?

Katie Lea was working smackdown house shows this week.

They might as well call up Milena. She's a bit different from their usual generic blondes, which might work in her favour and make her stand out more.

Fuck em - I hope that I read online in the near future that they broke up. Preferably over something stupid like she asked him if she looked fat in a dress, and she was pissed at his response. That about sounds like something we'd hear from these two knuckleheads.

Krissy Vaine is apparently as stupid as she is good looking that's all I can think. She's the one that threw away the big push and a lot more than O'Reilly did in general.

Everyone keeps harping on how they supposedly thought they were gonna be on different brands. However, in a recent interview I read with them (can't find the link right now, but it's out there somewhere) they never even mentioned that as a reason for quitting. They basically said once they got called up they realized firsthand just how crazy the travel schedule was, and for that and some other unnamed reasons they decided they wanted no part of it.

Everyone keeps harping on how they supposedly thought they were gonna be on different brands. However, in a recent interview I read with them (can't find the link right now, but it's out there somewhere) they never even mentioned that as a reason for quitting. They basically said once they got called up they realized firsthand just how crazy the travel schedule was, and for that and some other unnamed reasons they decided they wanted no part of it.

So in other words........"my boyfriend doesn't like that I'm going to get a big push while he sits in development waiting for his release"

It sure sounds like they were high on her and just about ready to release him either way.