TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2007

Nick Hogan is overwhelmed with guilt...

omggggg

its been forever since i blogged...hell i dont even know what blog means but i guess its where you write stuff for people to read

anyways my last one was before i even drove for mopar, if you check my pics youll see that i did end up driving for them for my amateur season and most of my pro rookie season. i recently left the mopar team tho...things didnt work out to well

but!....i picked up a new title sponsor...POLAROID! and started my own team with twin 350z's pretty cool i know

anyways id like everyone to wish my luck for my 08 season and keep john graziano in your prayers

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=321027024

Gee, Nick you really feel now is the best time to be bragging about your racing skills?

Seriously, Polaroid?

Watching your friend get vegetablized in a car crash is a Kodak moment if I've ever heard one.

Nice to see that selfish arrogance runs in the orange-skinned family.

I don't get it either. People questioned why I called the Punk / Maria thing "bad news".

So they could call Dibs, and in the one in a million chance you meet the person of your attraction you would by law have precedence by the aforementioned Dibs.

DIBS ON MICKIE!

And now I'm first in line.:)

:: snaps fingers in frustration ::

They did at one point employ a writer with some decent legitimate credentials. Well, at least somewhat better than the Jenny McCarthy Show.

Now, I know that Kreski had flaws, however, he's proof that a legitimate Hollywood writer with little to no wrestling knowledge can do some great things. Better than what we're getting now at least. If they are so serious about having Raw and Smackdown seen as legitimate television shows, rather than 'wrestling', why don't they just scrap the current creative system, make an effort to get writers with credits on shows like the Daily Show, Conan Obrien, Entourage, Heroes... whatever... at this point, VH1's Best Week Ever and Monk would be great! Why can't Bonnie Hammer force this on Vince? If he wants to stay on the network, writers affiliated with programming on the network must sit in on creative meetings?

I'm glad you mentioned Kreski.. After reading a few posts here about successful Hollywood writers not coming to WWE and lowering themselves... they forgot to mention Kreski who was very successful in Hollywood and was employed by WWE.

I know that he probably didn't come cheap, but you do get what you pay for.. and Kreski did some great things back in 2000. I think the reason that McMahon went ahead and hired someone like Kreski is due to Russo leaving unexpectedly and he needed someone who knew how to write legitimate TV... Whatever the cost was at that time. Why that has changed?? Who knows.. But at one time he did hire two legitimate Hollywood writers(I forgot the other one that was brought along with Kreski).

The one thing that may prevent some for coming is the schedule and how WWE creative works. Kreski left for those two reasons.

Now he feels his daughter is that legit writer, sadly that is probably the truth.

Patrice O'Neal (stand-up comedian) was once a writer for Smackdown too. It's amusing because he said on Opie and Anthony that Stephanie fired him at least three times because the first time she called he didn't care. So she called back to reassure it and he still showed that he didn't care. He also mentioned some Tiger Ali Singh story where Vince bitched him out for not wanting to wear a turban.

Patrice O'Neal (stand-up comedian) was once a writer for Smackdown too. It's amusing because he said on Opie and Anthony that Stephanie fired him at least three times because the first time she called he didn't care. So she called back to reassure it and he still showed that he didn't care. He also mentioned some Tiger Ali Singh story where Vince bitched him out for not wanting to wear a turban.

HA! That's fucking great.

When was he a writer?

EDIT: Found it

# "WWF Smackdown!" (1999) TV Series (unknown episodes, 2000-2002)

... aka Smackdown! (USA: new title)

... aka Smackdown! Xtreme (USA)

... aka WWE Smackdown! (USA: new title)

... aka World Wrestling Federation Smackdown! (USA)

# "WWF Raw Is War" (1997) TV Series (unknown episodes, 2000-2002)

... aka Raw Is War (USA: short title)

... aka WWE Raw (USA: new title)

... aka WWF Raw (USA: new title)

He was a writer for Raw and Smackdown.

I wonder if Michelle McCool will be heading to Raw soon as per this policy...

If Michelle was forced to adhere to this policy she would have a show with only her, and possibly Pat Patterson.

Do you have video proof of this?????

If Michelle was forced to adhere to this policy she would have a show with only her, and possibly Pat Patterson.

I don't follow the rumour mill, who is Michelle banging?

That's funny. I believe every word of it. Anyone who knows about Patrice and his opinions on women could understand.

according to someone on here, anyone over 40 in the Smackdown lockerroom.

Meltzer made a joke in one of his newsletters that McCool was popular with some of the older employees and everyone ran with it.

I'm watchin the "On The Road With Sandman" shoot, and they're all talking about what the new ECW might be like, and all they're saying is the polar opposite of what it turned out to be. It's actually kinda sad watching it knowing what it ended up like.

Why are you happy that people you don't know broke up an engagement? Mickie isn't fat enough for you Luke.

Luke likes 'em big

Luke likes 'em small

Luke likes 'em all.

News on Kristal Marshal's release. Due to the nature of the Teddy Long storyline, where Marshal had left TV to be with Teddy, neither her nor WWE have acknowledged her release. The original storyline plan was that Vickie Guerrero would have been behind the Teddy Long heart attack, as a way to become the heel general manager of Smackdown. That plan was then changed, and the new plan for the angle with Teddy Long was that it would be revealed that Edge had put Kristal up to seducing Long to get him out of the picture on Smackdown, as revenge for Long stripping Edge of the World Heavyweight Championship when Edge was injured. Edge and Marshal would then become a retread of Edge and Lita from Raw, with Marshal becoming a much more sexual character. Marshal was very against the idea for a number of reasons, mainly the sexuality of it. She is currently dating Raw superstar Bobby Lashley, and the two of them had both been pushing for Kristal to be moved to Raw so they could be together. WWE was not in favor of this, and decided that if she wasn't going to "play ball" with them on the Edge storyline, then there were plenty of divas who would and she was then released. No word on how Lashley is reacting to this release.

-PWI Audio

Maybe they can use this to make Vicki a more sexual character with Edge by combining this with their proposed Vicky storyline.

Oh man.... if they make Vicki reprise the role of Lita circa 2006, we are all gonna be in big trouble.

They could use Ashley in the role instead of Kristal, citing Long "sending Ashley to suffer on Survivor" as some sort of excuse to set up the heart attack scenario.

I honestly think they should leave Vicki out of any role other than a neutral babyface desicion maker, and when/if Long returns, just his assistant.

Then again, I think Teddy Long would be better fit at this stage in going back to managing. So Vicki could just stay as GM.

I'm a bit shocked she thought the role was too sexual...it wasn't too long ago she was rolling around half naked in paint. And she was supposedly eager to pose for playboy. But making out with Edge every Tuesday is too sexual?

I'm guessing Lashley pressured her into not doing that storyline. And considering Edge's player rep I can't say I really blame him.

Why don't they just cancel this idiotic Vicki heel turn stuff and just bring back Long? There's no possible good that can come from it.

according some people here the question should be who isnt she banging?

I'm guessing Lashley pressured her into not doing that storyline. And considering Edge's player rep I can't say I really blame him.

Why don't they just cancel this idiotic Vicki heel turn stuff and just bring back Long? There's no possible good that can come from it.

Have you seen Lashley? And size aside, he is also a legitimate tough guy. Even Edge isn't that stupid.

It's been said before, but Brooke from ECW would be perfect to reprise a Lita esque role with Edge.

I said that the very second Brooke made her debut as she easily seemed like a Lita-esque type perfect for Edge, should they ever want to rekindle that heat. My only issue with Brooke is that she has yet to show much range. While Lita couldn't cut a promo to save her life (outside of her final promo before she left), she was very capable at working the crowd and making them hate her. I think Kristal was capable of pulling it off. I still think doing something with Edge and Vicki might work, Edge toying with the emotions of Vicki for his gain would garner some insane heat, I believe, only if they do it right. I don't think Vicki should be playing a Lita type character, that won't work at all.

A British women's magazine (Chat!) has published a semi fictionalised dramatisation of the Benoit tragedy...they sort of try and get into his mind. The scans

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2316/169558...a22d282ed_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2352/169473...985b74141_b.jpg

My favourite parts

"They'd be no need for muscles where he was going."

"the idea of just being an ordinary dad filled him with cold dread"

"Chris wanted to join his friend (Eddie)....and he had no intention of going there alone"

This will pop the CS buyrate

Cyber Sunday is already your dream come true as you get to decide the matches and stipulations for several of your favorite WWE Superstars. But your every desire may also come true at Cyber Sunday as the Divas will be dressed up for a Halloween Costume Contest – and YOU get to make an impact on the contest.

Divas and costumes are not new to Cyber Sunday. In 2004 and 2005, then-Women’s Champion Trish Stratus won Fulfill Your Fantasy Divas Battle Royals where all the ladies dressed up as school girls and in lingerie, respectively.

Who knows how the Divas will dress this year at Cyber Sunday? The following Divas from Raw, SmackDown and ECW are expected to participate in this year's Halloween Contest: Candice, Maria, Mickie James, Melina, Jillian, Lilian Garcia, Victoria, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool, Kelly Kelly and Layla.

Check back later this week on WWE.com as more information is revealed. The power is yours – vote often and see how the Divas fulfill your fantasy at Cyber Sunday on Oct. 28.

This will pop the CS buyrate

Cyber Sunday is already your dream come true as you get to decide the matches and stipulations for several of your favorite WWE Superstars. But your every desire may also come true at Cyber Sunday as the Divas will be dressed up for a Halloween Costume Contest – and YOU get to make an impact on the contest.

Divas and costumes are not new to Cyber Sunday. In 2004 and 2005, then-Women’s Champion Trish Stratus won Fulfill Your Fantasy Divas Battle Royals where all the ladies dressed up as school girls and in lingerie, respectively.

Who knows how the Divas will dress this year at Cyber Sunday? The following Divas from Raw, SmackDown and ECW are expected to participate in this year's Halloween Contest: Candice, Maria, Mickie James, Melina, Jillian, Lilian Garcia, Victoria, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool, Kelly Kelly and Layla.

Check back later this week on WWE.com as more information is revealed. The power is yours – vote often and see how the Divas fulfill your fantasy at Cyber Sunday on Oct. 28.

Lillian in a match ? You would think that she would stay away as far as possible from the ring after the Haas of Fire.