TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

All Time songs you hate the most

This thread is awful. Not in the sense of any latent stupidity. But someone mentions a song. You think to yourself what that song was. You hear it in your head and all the sudden, "gah, make it stop!!!!"

Guest Smues
And nobody better mention "MacArthur Park"

MacArthur Park isn't even awesomely bad, it's awesomely good. Yeah the lyrics are goofy, but it's an amazing song.

Guest Smues
This thread is awful. Not in the sense of any latent stupidity. But someone mentions a song. You think to yourself what that song was. You hear it in your head and all the sudden, "gah, make it stop!!!!"

It could be worse, the song could actually play in the thread.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
And nobody better mention "MacArthur Park"

MacArthur Park isn't even awesomely bad, it's awesomely good. Yeah the lyrics are goofy, but it's an amazing song.

Are you kidding? How?

It could be worse, the song could actually play in the thread.

With the tags, this should now be a requirement.

Guest Smues
With the video tags, this should now be a requirement.

Ok then it's your fault everyone is now subjected to Christmas Shoes.

And anything by the Beatles piss me off too. Sorry, but I fuckin hate all of their songs.

wow ur a jerk!

I think I more actively hate bad songs by bands I generally like than flatout terrible songs which usually have a cheese factor I can enjoy. Hence why "Centerfield" and "I Just Called To Say I Love You" are on the top of my list.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
And anything by the Beatles piss me off too. Sorry, but I fuckin hate all of their songs.

Every single one, huh.

A licky boom boom down. Seriously, the song sucks but it's goofy enough to enjoy.

I was going to defend this, using the credentials mentioned above. But I played the video and was fed up by the -3:35 mark. Awful awful. I'd also forgotten how much I hated Butterfly Kisses.

I'm too drunk to remember the name of it, but I told a co-worker last year that System's "I'm just sitting in my car" was "unequivocally the worst song I've ever heard." I'm sober enough to remember that quote.

Yeah, I think the luxury of distance and the cheese factor make "One Week" more annoying than, say, the Blondie song "Rapture," which also contains an embarrassing rap interlude. Pre-late-80s stuff rarely offends me as much as stuff that I actually remember.

If we're going to mention Creed songs, I'd have to think that "With Arms Wide Open" wins for the most overplayed worst song of all-time.

RETARDED

Also, regarding Jenny From the Block... it sucks extra because it steals that awesome Beatnuts beat, so everytime it came on the radio I thought they were playing "Watch Out Now"

I know it's opening a can of worms for numerous shitty songs when you bring up hair metal, but the only hair metal I realy REALLY hated was any song by Poison. We can go on and on all day about shitty hair metal, but I won't, those guys take the cake. I mean, they knew they were shitty, but that doesn't give them a free pass.

Whenever Blender does an "overrated" or "worst" list, this, without fail, is the make-up:

* The inclusion of a contemporary "hip" act or a classic, canonized act to show that they aren't afraid to buck trends.

* The inclusion of an act that two years ago was the subject a fawning cover story and numerous write-ups.

* A bunch of safe, obvious choices to fill space.

"We Built This City" is great. Fuck off.

And that list can suck it because of its inclusion of "I'd Do Anything For Love". WAAA WAAA WHAT IS "THAT" MEAT LOAF NEVER TELLS US WHAT HE WON'T DO FOR LOVE. No you fucking morons, it's very clear. He'll never forget the way you feel right now. He'll never forgive himself they don't go all the way tonight. He'll never stop dreaming of you every night of his life. Meat Loaf and Steinman have explained this on many occasions but I guess Blender wasn't listening! Some professional music journalists they are!

Funny, I really like quite a lot of the songs listed here. Particularly the Robin Hood song (Everything I Do (I Do It For You)), Don't Stop Me Now, I Just Called to Say I Love You and Dancing On The Ceiling.

I can't stand anything by System of a Down, Tool or Slipknot. I despise all 3 of those with a passion.

Can someone explain to me why overplayed automatically equals bad?

I'll try, but I might fail.

If a song is overplayed, that means that it might not have been so bad the first few times you heard it, but became so. If a song is good enough, you should be able to hear it several times in a short period of time and still think so. Perhaps not "bad" so much as not excessively good. Through saturation, mildly forgivable faults become prevalent, or perhaps it just didn't have much of a shelf life in the first place. Perhaps these songs could more accurately be labeled "deceptively good" rather than "bad".

Like say, singles from, oh... Stabbing Westward or some band like that. I remember them fondly, but if I actually listened to them all that much, I might say "You know what, this sucks."

I see someone already mentioned "Picture" by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow. That was one of the first two songs that came to my head when seeing the thread title.

The other was "Follow Me" by Uncle Kracker.

One nominee I have for a song that is clearly not the worst song ever written, but a song I hate with a blinding passion: Free Falling by Tom Petty. Dear lord, do I hate that song. And I seem to be the only person on Earth who hates this song, so I continually get shit over hating this song. Oh well. Sorry that the song sucks.

However, the absolute worst song I've ever heard is Sheryl Crow's cover of Sweet Child O' Mine. Look it up at your own discretion - I will never, ever link to that song. It's the worst trashing of a classic that I've ever heard, and I've heard Limp Bizkit's version of Behind Blue Eyes.

You guys know nothing when it comes to bad songs :)

I've just got to say this video has the worst opening line ever, as one of the women randomly says, "Some people say I look like me dad" WTF