TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 10/29 Raw Thread

I'm calling it right now........Jericho is coming back on 11/19.

The new video says launch and then 19. Nov. 19 happens to be a Monday. Don't expect him until then.

The videos have a religious tone to them though. With the "savior" and the "rev. 2:25" references. It would be funny if it was the return of Mordecai.

You seriously have no idea how bad I want Kevin Thorn to go back to this gimmick.

On topic though, RAW really pissed me off. They're going to have to go ahead and do this Jericho return before they start turning-viewers away even more.

As someone else stated, Jeff Hardy is over something fierce, and rightfully so.

I think DH Smith shows some promise.

HHH has the best T-Shirt in the company now.

Santino is the fucking man.

'nuff said.

Vince is a genuis...3rd time in this thread I'm saying this. We were all duped in to thinking Jericho would debut last night. He hooked us in and forced us to watch his crappy show. I say good job, Vince!

Jeff Hardy should have won the vacant title at No Mercy...I've been saying it all along. If they want to give it to Orton a few months down the road, fine, but they need a fresh new spark NOW.

Sure, Vince got me to watch the show last night. Of course that isn't saying much considering I've watched Raw almost every week since Jan. 1993. That said, they made a mistake in not putting Jericho on last night. The time was right, people were ready for it (in a good way, not in a "this is so predictable" way).

At this point you know what they could do? Have SaveUs be someone else. Everyone under the sun thinks it is Jericho, so this might be a time for a Russo type swerve. Have it be Lashley or whoever, and then Jericho will debut running in out of the crowd to attack someone a couple of weeks later.

The only drawback to that idea though is that WWE has already fucked fans over this year on major storylines with the Vince limo angle and the bastard son angle.

Sure, Vince got me to watch the show last night. Of course that isn't saying much considering I've watched Raw almost every week since Jan. 1993. That said, they made a mistake in not putting Jericho on last night. The time was right, people were ready for it (in a good way, not in a "this is so predictable" way).

you're not the viewer he was worried about tuning in...he was probably worried about the fans he was losing and knew through word of mouth, internet, etc. (which has been proven by remarks made at this forum and others) that these vignettes could respike some interest and bring people back.

At this point you know what they could do? Have SaveUs be someone else. Everyone under the sun thinks it is Jericho, so this might be a time for a Russo type swerve. Have it be Lashley or whoever, and then Jericho will debut running in out of the crowd to attack someone a couple of weeks later.

Holy fuck, I forgot Bobby Lashley was even alive.

Looking at this HHH-HBK duo once again, is someone going to turn on the other again? HHH pedigrees HBK? HBK superkicks HHH?

I think the best scenerio would be they team up and Montreal Orton at Survivor Series. If they really want to go back in time, why not? Then HBK can defend the title at Armaggedon vs. Ken Shamrock, and HHH can battle Slaughter in a boot camp match.

Well if that's the case they might as well bring back Chyna to.

Forgot about her, and as for Rude, we may have problems there.

If USA is on this time portal trip, we might as well get a HHH vs. HBK title match, similar to that classic for the European title 10 years ago.

Hey here's an idea lets have Harry play the part of his dad and dedicate a match to his dad before HBK and HHH beat the crap out of him and embrass him.

If they hadn't fired Teddy Hart he could play the role of Bret at SerSur and leave and then dye his hair blonde and play the part of Owen and then he falls from the rafters and dies.

And they can jump Nattie, spraypaint NWO on her back and send her packing.

You know what Ithought last night? Take a look at who is in the main event of Survivor Series: Shawn Michaels. 10 years after Montreal. Once Vince got in his face last night I started realizing where this could be headed.

I know these various Montreal rehashes are tired, but HBK is the one guy that might be amusing to see get screwed. Poetic justice and all that.

You know what Ithought last night? Take a look at who is in the main event of Survivor Series: Shawn Michaels. 10 years after Montreal. Once Vince got in his face last night I started realizing where this could be headed.

I know these various Montreal rehashes are tired, but HBK is the one guy that might be amusing to see get screwed. Poetic justice and all that.

I'd actually like them to take a different approach. With Vince calling for the bell on Orton to give HBK the win for the belt but HBK saying he's not having it happen that way again and order the match restarted. Then he loses when Orton cheats to beat him. Be a better way to finally close it for me since doing it AGAIN just keeps it going. Let Shawn get his lame ass redemption but fail to get the belt because of it. Then it can finally go away.

Guest pennybomber

is vince a genious for making us all watch? of have the fans got to the point where they dont care anymore to watch? Im at the point where if I catch jerichos return then great. And if I dont then oh well. It has drug on way too long. WWE lost me as a true fan months ago with having cena keep the belt for like 2 years straight.

Tease something that the fans want and they'll come back in hopes of seeing it. Vince fucked with us hardcore last night with TWO of those spots. 3 out of 5 fans have stopped waching, those other 2 are saying DUDES JERICHO MIGHT BE COMING BACK! Those other 3 will start tuning in again. It's the oldest business trick in the book.

Except the fanbase is so broken down that unless they're on the internet, those 2 marks won't even be able to find anyone else who still watches wrestling. If Jericho's potential return was getting people to tune in and they still pulled one of their worst ratings ever, I'd hate to see what would have happened without him. Vince has alienated his fans so many times that I think most of them have just given up. I certainly won't be watching again any time soon.

RAW RATING RISES AFTER PPV

by Dave Scherer

This week's edition of Raw scored a 3.5 cable rating, up from last week's 3.3. The show did hours of 3.5 (3.54) and 3.4 (3.40) so the only negative in the number is that the audience dropped in the second hour.

Except the fanbase is so broken down that unless they're on the internet, those 2 marks won't even be able to find anyone else who still watches wrestling. If Jericho's potential return was getting people to tune in and they still pulled one of their worst ratings ever, I'd hate to see what would have happened without him. Vince has alienated his fans so many times that I think most of them have just given up. I certainly won't be watching again any time soon.

my guess is that that drop in the ratings is mostly folks like us who grew tired of the garbage...the other 90%, the marks, will never go away.

RAW RATING RISES AFTER PPV

by Dave Scherer

This week's edition of Raw scored a 3.5 cable rating, up from last week's 3.3. The show did hours of 3.5 (3.54) and 3.4 (3.40) so the only negative in the number is that the audience dropped in the second hour.

It was obvious by the save us promo in the middle of the show that Jericho wasn't returning. My friends and I were pretty dead after we saw it and could have cared less about the rest of the show. I can't imagine the sentiments of a lot of others being much different causing the drop late in the show. Once you realized tonight wasn't the night, why even watch another poorly booked handicap match where the only logical finish will never be booked?

I think you are right. Once people saw that Save us promo, they clicked off the TV.

If next week's rating is down below 3.3, then we'll really know the full effect of the WWE pulling the rug out from under everybody with Monday's no-show.

Guest thehartfoundation
I'm calling it right now........Jericho is coming back on 11/19.

The new video says launch and then 19. Nov. 19 happens to be a Monday. Don't expect him until then.

The videos have a religious tone to them though. With the "savior" and the "rev. 2:25" references. It would be funny if it was the return of Mordecai.

I would love it if he came back that night, because I am going to that show in Lauderdale. Even though it said 19, I don't see why they wouldn't bring him back at Survivor Series, one of the biggest PPV's of the year.

First part: The WWE rarely acknowledges these type of things on-air, although they did acknowledge Jericho's countdown during his initial debut. When Taz debuted, I don't recall them acknowledging his teaser videos.

I seem to recall D'Lo's entrance getting interrupted by the "13" promo, and the announcers were like "What was that?"