TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK NINE!! All my exes live in Texas.

The Colts will get killed outside of the nice, cozy dome, though, c'mon.

Man, the Eagles getting out-played by the Cowboys sucks. Please get rid of McNabb and Reid, Mr. Lurie. They're not doing anything even if they somehow got to 9-7.

Joseph Addai's day kinda punches a big hole in the "they were shorthanded" arguement. He absolutely torched them in the first half but was kept in check in the second. If Reggie Wayne, one of the wideouts they DID have today, done his job and caught that deep pass that just bounced off his hands we wouldn't even be arguing that.

Like I said earlier in the week, Addai was the key factor; the guy scares me to death and has convinced me that NE absolutely made the wrong choice in last year's draft.

Owens should've been drilled for doing his bird dance. Or at least, I dunno, been COVERED, maybe? I turned down tickets for this game, and this is why. There's one player on the team that seems to care about winning, and his name is Brian Westbrook. Everyone else is damaged, too old, or sub-par.

I'm sure having Marvin Harrison and Tony Gonzalez PLUS Joseph Addai would've made a difference. Just cause Addai had a big day doesn't mean that nullifies Harrison and Gonzalez not being there. Their starting left tackle didn't even play.

NCM; how did Moss screw over his former team? Are you bitching for the sake of bitching?

I don't think so, YPOV. Most, if not many people believe that Moss screwed over the Raiders by "doggin' it" his couple years in Oakland, then playing hard once he got to New England. The same could probably be said for his demanding a trade out of Minnesota as well, leading some to believe that the only way he'd be satisfied is by playing for a contender and being a featured receiver (he was reportedly very unhappy with Jerry Porter on the Raiders, and may have pretty much killed his career by demanding to be better featured in their offense). That said, Moss is nowhere near a character issue on the level of a Terrell Owens, but everyone remembers a lot of antics like him getting into his shouting matches with his quarterbacks, or walking off the field with 30 seconds left in a game against the Redskins, and all that.

I don't think that was a big deal, the Redskins thing. The next week he spanked GB in Lambeau, and mooned them to boot.

Brett Favre wanting to play with Moss and bitching when they didn't land him publicly tells me all I need to know about Moss' character. The guy hasn't been a problem at all this year, and would you really blame him for what happened in Oakland? That whole situation was a mess, he's hardly at fault. Call it dogging it if you want, it's hard to play well when Aaron Brooks is throwing you the ball.

I've done my best to avoid this thread for the sake of not becoming obnoxious, but I just have to chime in.

Pats/Colts was an extremely exciting game to watch. But outside of Addai and Moss, I felt like these teams were loaded with talent who played really mediocre to awful games. Sub-par quarterback performances, sloppy tackling and an inordinate amount of penalties. In the end, I think it came down to the Patriots making better second-half adjustments, which you have to attribute to Belichick. Forty-five point blowout wins are about talent, and close games like this are about coaching.

EDIT: The no Harrison/Gonzalez thing is so stupid- Wayne and Clark are their best receivers, and they did virtually nothing with the Pats best CB on the other side of the field. The Patriots also went without their leading RB, but you make adjustments and you gameplan around it.

I swear, for every stupid "The refs are out to screw the OMFGPATS" argument there's a "Well you didn't play the REAL TEAM" argument.

Having Harrison and Gonzalez out there probably means less reliance on Addai, and maybe we don't have to rest him after he's run us all the way to the red zone, like on those first few plays of the game. It could very easily have been 14-0 as opposed to 3-0.

And maybe Wayne and Motorhead would have better games because it's tougher to defend 4 recievers instead of 2. Dallas Clark is also easier to defend when Harrison is out of the game. No Harrison means you have an extra defender or two somewhere else.

And Please, Sammy Morris? He's being missed? The only reason he got burn was because Maroney was hurt.

And Please, Sammy Morris? He's being missed? The only reason he got burn was because Maroney was hurt.

No, he's not- that's the point. A player goes down, teams make adjustments to their gameplan and find other ways to win.

The first half of this game belonged entirely to Indy, but they didn't do enough to fix what was going wrong in the second half. The Patriots did. Simple as that.

No I don't think you understand. Sammy Morris is a scrub. Marvin Harrison, and a starting left tackle aren't scrubs. It's way easier to adjust when a freaking backup RB goes down. Way to go. Good job. Genius.

Guest tonyjaymzretro
i wonder what excuse pats fans will use tomorrow

Terrific jinx there, 18 posts.

Oh come on...ive been on this board for years, under different tony jaymzs...i even wrote for the site*realizes noone actually read him*oh...right

Well, that was the first and last time I'll be cheering for the Colts

We just shit on the eagles.

And whoever was whining bout the NFC East on SNF, quityobitchin. We're the best in the NFC and it's not our fault the eagles completely suck and their coach has a drug emporium for a house.

I'm glad to see Witten getting some WELL deserved attention as of late. He's been under used in past seasons and is fucking incredible at what he does. He's one tough sonofabitch too with his fun w/o a helmet.

Oh ya, I didn't think it was humanly possible to hate the patriots more than i did before the game. But, I hate them even more now. Fuck tom brady, belicheat, and that bitch that spiked the ball on the Colts logo. I hate all of you. Die.

I heard about that, but a domed stadium by design artificially enhances crowd noise.

Still....OMG KICK THEM OUT OF THE LEAGUE~!

I'm not a huge Pats fan but the PI calls really did screw them over. There were two totally bogus calls and another called on the wrong side of the ball where the Colts player hugged the defensive back and still got the call.

Pats didn't look very sharp but that made the game a lot closer than it deserved to be.

I just saw a post on ESPN.com that says the Colts were caught pumping artificial crowd noise into the stadium today. Apparently they were discovered when the CD started skipping. Anyone hear anything about this?

I heard the sound skipping but thought it could be CBS. After watching the tape of the game, I realized the announcers didn't skip and the only thing that started skipping was the crowd noise. They probably aren't the first team to do it but they might be the first who are caught because the CD skipped. That's gotta suck but what exactly can be done to them? Is it even illegal? I hardly doubt the NFL would take away a draft pick for pumping in crowd noise. And if they did, that would be a new level of petty for the league.

The other thing that confuses me is why they would even need to do it? The Colt fans seem like a lively loud bunch and with the dome enhancing noise as is so why even bother doing it?

I think that noise was interference stemming from two mics getting too close to each other.. it sounded a lot like a feedback loop.

I think that noise was interference stemming from two mics getting too close to each other.. it sounded a lot like a feedback loop.

I really hope so. There is already enough bs taking away from the game, last thing it needs is a stupid "THE COLTS PUMPED IN CROWD NOISE!" story. It sounds really close to one of the two things. It's either a mic feedback loop or it's a CD of crowd noise skipping. Hoping for the first.

Meh, Texans won. Yeah, against the Raiders, but fuck it.

4-5 going into the bye. Get to rest up a few guys before we play Naw'lins then go up to Cleveland and Tennessee.

Guest Vitamin X

Yep, with the Colts and Patriots combing for 4 of those six. The other two would be the Steelers in 2005 and Ravens in 2000.

The NFC was 5-2 in interconference matchups today, btw, with the NFC North going 3-0 against their AFC opponents. Sure it was the AFC West, but the point remains.

It doesn't matter who did it. When the Cowboys and 49ers combined for four titles in the mid 90s, people still pointed out how dominant the NFC was.

It's amazing to think that the Bills could just as easily be 6-2 right now. They don't seem that good at all, considering their losses to Pitts and NE, but still. Injuries galore really hurt them as they were young and inexperienced to begin with. But I'm still really interested in seeing what happens with this whole QB situation.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Oh come on, Don't take the "And STILL beat the Colts" route. They were playing with only two recievers.

Good game though. I think you can't walk away from this game thinging either one of these teams were better than the other.

Correct statement. Outstanding game of football.