TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

So, who's for a Lance Cade push?

If he keeps using the Redneck Destroyer, Murdoch > Cade.

I hate the destroyer, but Murdoch is great. But based on looks, size, and being a pretty good worker, I see more potential in a Cade push.

If it means I get to see Murdoch sell Cade's lariat in the most ridiculous manner ever, then yes, I'm all for a Lance Cade push.

- The WWE production team was in Naples, Florida over the weekend with a large number of the main star present. The footage that was filmed was for new TV show openings shot in High-Definition. Photo shoots were also done for material that would be used specifically for inclusion in the future HD-TV broadcasts.

WWE has been testing the implementation of HD for quite some time now, since September of 2006, at a live event in Uncasville, CT where they taped the show specifically in HD as a test show, complete with backstage promos and other things.

Vince McMahon, when asked at an annual stockholders meeting, predicted they would switch over to HD broadcasting within the year. He also commented on the quality of the product saying it "looks amazing under that format".

WWE has not announced when they will switch over, but SmackDown! will move to HD format by January 2008 according to announcements made by WWE and the CW Network. All TV broadcasts will be switched over to a digital format by 2009.

Source: PWInsider.com

it kinda sucks I cant get SD in HD since our local CW isnt HD.

Sarcasm aside...it is. His two finishers, the RKO and the Concussion Kick, focus on the head. Most of his offense is directed at lessening bloodflow to the brain and softening the head and the neck. So...how is he not using psychology by having an offense primarily focused on the head? I'm not saying Orton is some outstanding ***** match calibre worker these days, and I don't think he ever really will be, but he's a lot better than most people are willing to give him credit for.

I think he's just fine in the ring, and has improved a lot, but I can't give him credit for great psychology with his rest holds. There's probably tonne's of workers who do the same thing, but use the holds more of a time waster than anything.

Sarcasm aside...it is. His two finishers, the RKO and the Concussion Kick, focus on the head. Most of his offense is directed at lessening bloodflow to the brain and softening the head and the neck. So...how is he not using psychology by having an offense primarily focused on the head? I'm not saying Orton is some outstanding ***** match calibre worker these days, and I don't think he ever really will be, but he's a lot better than most people are willing to give him credit for.

I think he's just fine in the ring, and has improved a lot, but I can't give him credit for great psychology with his rest holds. There's probably tonne's of workers who do the same thing, but use the holds more of a time waster than anything.

Rest holds will always be apart of the sport, I really don't have a problem with them if they make sense. If the guys just kept constantly punching, and doing moves~! Everybody would be wrestling like Angle...Nobody wants that?

Finlay...gets the crowd to pop...really?

Finlay is absolutely uninteresting to the casual fan, and to be honest, me. He's fun to watch in the ring, but we're watching it from a technical standpoint. To say that he gets the crowd going more than Shawn Michaels is not only stupid, but just flat out wrong. Listen to the crowd during and HBK match and entrance, and then compare it with Finlay's. The only reason theres any noise at all during a Finlay match is because most of the time he's going against a face who's pretty over such as Matt Hardy, Lashley, Rey etc.

I'm not saying HBK is always super super over, but unless your name is Austin, Rock, Cena or Hogan, you're bound to have some heatless moments.

Rock and Austin are at the top of the wrestling mountain, and you're trying to make it sound as if Finlay is as over as they were/are. And please, don't even try to put Bret, Angle, Eddie or Benoit in the same category as those two. Anyone who thinks that anyone else belongs with Austin and Rock is delusional. HHH is bitter at everyone else because he realizes that he'll never be looked at as being on top of the wrestling world like Austin, Rock and Hogan were.

Rest holds will always be apart of the sport, I really don't have a problem with them if they make sense. If the guys just kept constantly punching, and doing moves~! Everybody would be wrestling like Angle...Nobody wants that?

I think he uses them more as a crutch more than using them as part of a centered offense, which is why I disagree with you saying his work the past two years has been better in the wrestling side of things.

Anyway, I'm starting to talk about workrate, I better stop.

Bobby Rush, who is on one of the two panels that is investigating WWE, announced that his House Energy and Commerce subcommittee would hold a hearing on performance enhancing drugs in baseball and other sports, including pro-wrestling, in early 2008. The announcement came the day after Barry Bonds was indicted, so that was likely the thing that turned the tide in all of this. "Given recent developments - the impending Mitchell report and reports of widespread abuse in professional wrestling - I believe it's time we get a formal update on what progress is being made to eradicate steroids from all sports and sports entertainment,"

Rush said. "A criminal investigation found evidence of the use of steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs by Bonds and others and led to the indictment of Bonds," said fellow subcommittee member Cliff Stearns to the Baltimore Sun. "I am still concerned that MLB does not have in place a sound policy addressing steroid use in the sport. I believe that another hearing should be held if the Mitchell report [on steroids in baseball] or the Bonds trial shows the use of steroids and other drugs among baseball players." It's an interesting situation, because obviously they have to focus more on baseball,

the mainstream sport, but that pushes wrestling, which has a much larger problem (tons of people dying) than baseball (guys are failing tests), out of the forefront. The belief is that the other committee (Henry Waxman and Tom Davis) has not completely given up on the idea of scheduling hearings, but they're going to wait until this first set wraps up to see how it goes

Phil Astin, who is totally broke, has asked to be allowed to return to work. No ruling has been made either way yet.

Chris Masters on The Shoot radio show said he was one of the twelve wrestlers suspended in the Signature Pharmacy case, so he took a month off to train and get healthy. He claimed he was tested three times that week and one of the tests came back positive, which surprised him. One test out of three? How the smurf does that work? He said John Lauranitis sent him the info telling him he was done for 60 days, and as soon as he saw the CNN special he knew he was smurfed. And he was right.

There was a major incident backstage at the Smackdown tapings. Miz and Morrison were sent out to do commentary on the CM Punk vs. Jamie Noble match, and they talked over themselves and yelled at each other and it became so heated that they paid no attention to the match whatsoever. Later, they teamed up against MVP & Matt Hardy and apparently the work was horrible. So backstage, JBL laced into them about both issues, telling them they owed everyone involved an apology. Apparently Miz was fine with this but Morrison apologized to the guys and told JBL to mind his own business. According to one source, he actually shoved him. Seriously. There was nearly a killing, but it was broken up. No idea what this will mean for Morrison's future, but things like this usually aren't good.

Although Game Plan is still kicking ass with nearly $90 million in domestic earnings, it's not all good news for Dwayne Johnson. Southland Tales also debuted this weekend to bitter reviews. Roger Ebert, who loves Rock, gave it one star and said it was actually worse than the terrible version that got booed out of Cannes. Rock did some interviews that were so funny since he clearly knew the film sucked and didn't want to ruin his own credibility by saying otherwise.

credit:F4W Newsletter

Southland Tales probably "sucks" like The Fifth Element "sucks"...meaning it's actually not THAT bad once you sit down and watch it...it's probably a decent little SciFi flick that reaches cult status that only geeks like us like, similar to Blade Runner.

Finlay is absolutely uninteresting to the casual fan, and to be honest, me. He's fun to watch in the ring, but we're watching it from a technical standpoint. To say that he gets the crowd going more than Shawn Michaels is not only stupid, but just flat out wrong. Listen to the crowd during and HBK match and entrance, and then compare it with Finlay's. The only reason theres any noise at all during a Finlay match is because most of the time he's going against a face who's pretty over such as Matt Hardy, Lashley, Rey etc.

I'm not saying HBK is always super super over, but unless your name is Austin, Rock, Cena or Hogan, you're bound to have some heatless moments.

Rock and Austin are at the top of the wrestling mountain, and you're trying to make it sound as if Finlay is as over as they were/are. And please, don't even try to put Bret, Angle, Eddie or Benoit in the same category as those two. Anyone who thinks that anyone else belongs with Austin and Rock is delusional. HHH is bitter at everyone else because he realizes that he'll never be looked at as being on top of the wrestling world like Austin, Rock and Hogan were.

This is getting silly, I'm not saying Finlay is more over then Micheals, I'm saying Finlay is a better worker then Michaels.

I'm througth with it, didn't know pointing out the flaws of a guy in chaps would ruffle so many feathers. What is all this shit about Rock and Austin being super over? Who doesn't know that? I haven't once said anything about either of those guys, though I think Eddie was on the verge of being on a level right beneath Rock and Austin levels. He did single handely bought a whole new fanbase to WWE, but I'm not getting on that. Oh and he too was 10 times bestter then Michaels, and more over, but I digress.

So what about that Lance Cade push?

I'm througth with it, didn't know pointing out the flaws of a guy in chaps would ruffle so many feathers.

The fact that you're a majority of one and pretty much everyone else here is disagreeing with you, that doesn't mean anything?

If you stated it as a matter of personal taste, there wouldn't be a problem. If you just said "I don't like Shawn Michaels, here's why", that'd be fine. However, when you come in here claiming that "these six guys ARE objectively better than Michaels and that's a FACT" it just makes you look like a self-centered person who considers his own opinions to be more valid than anyone else's. Homophobic slurs don't help your case either.

This is getting silly, I'm not saying Finlay is more over then Micheals, I'm saying Finlay is a better worker then Michaels.

I'm througth with it, didn't know pointing out the flaws of a guy in chaps would ruffle so many feathers. What is all this shit about Rock and Austin being super over? Who doesn't know that? I haven't once said anything about either of those guys, though I think Eddie was on the verge of being on a level right beneath Rock and Austin levels. He did single handely bought a whole new fanbase to WWE, but I'm not getting on that. Oh and he too was 10 times bestter then Michaels, and more over, but I digress.

So what about that Lance Cade push?

Here's irony for ya, Truthiness doesn't like HBK's workrate but wants Lance Cade to be pushed....IRONY!

I'm througth with it, didn't know pointing out the flaws of a guy in chaps would ruffle so many feathers.

The fact that you're a majority of one and pretty much everyone else here is disagreeing with you, that doesn't mean anything?

If you stated it as a matter of personal taste, there wouldn't be a problem. If you just said "I don't like Shawn Michaels, here's why", that'd be fine. However, when you come in here claiming that "these six guys ARE objectively better than Michaels and that's a FACT" it just makes you look like a self-centered person who considers his own opinions to be more valid than anyone else's. Homophobic slurs don't help your case either.

windsor_cheval_mirror.jpg

I don't care who's pushed, long as they're entertaining. HBK entertains me, I just don't feel he's a great worker.

And Jingus you're right, I didn't meant to come off as "I don't like HBk, and you shouldn't either". So I do apologize about that, that was kind of arrogant, and I really didn't meant to offend anyone, or make them feel their opinions were worthless. If a guy think HBK's a great worker, that is fine by me, and I did go a bit overboard and tried to push my beliefs of what worker should be on others, and that was wrong. Again, my apologies.

Shawn does look a little like a tranny, though.

I'm a sweet transvestite..

Dr_Frank-N-Furter.jpg

Yeah, you know you all saw that coming a mile away. Espically from me.

I don't like Cena, but I've never claimed that I have any sort of mathematical proof that he sucks, because that's impossible. There's no way to factually prove any one wrestler better than another, except by matter of degree. Unless you're trying to make some kind of comparison like Jushin Liger > random backyarder, and even then there's a possibility of "that backyarder does a more intense rear chinlock than Liger ever did" or something like that.

I hate the destroyer, but Murdoch is great. But based on looks, size, and being a pretty good worker, I see more potential in a Cade push.

With Dusty Rhodes now behind the scenes, I'm kind of shocked they haven't gone all out and made Murdoch a complete Dick Murdoch clone by now... "Captain Redneck" and all.

With Dusty Rhodes now behind the scenes, I'm kind of shocked they haven't gone all out and made Murdoch a complete Dick Murdoch clone by now... "Captain Redneck" and all.

I think Dusty is just happy to have a job.

I don't think the WWE sees dollars signs with Trevor, like they might with Cade. I wouldn't mind a strong single push with either really, I just think Cade has more of realistic chance.