6. "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" - John Mellencamp

7. "Gabriel's Message" - Sting

8. "Christmas In Hollis" - Run-D.M.C.

9. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - U2

10. "Santa Baby" - Madonna

11. "Little Drummer Boy - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

12. "Run Rudolph Run" - Bryan Adams

13. "Back Door Santa" - Bon Jovi

* For unknown reasons, "Back Door Santa" was replaced on later pressings of the album with "I Wish Every Day Could Be Like Christmas," also by Bon Jovi.

14. "The Coventry Carol" - Alison Moyet

15. "Silent Night" - Stevie Nicks

The whole CD's great, but those are my 2 favs. Also, it's sales benefited the Special Olympics so that's also good.

Man that god damn CD drive me nuts. My mother makes me play it every Christmas for the U2 song. Hell she even made me play it in May.

HA! I only play it right around Christmas so it doesnt get played out.

Carol of the Bells...that is all.

Silent Night sung a capella is always nice.

Hey anyone remember the "Claymation Christmas Special"?

Claymation_Christmas_album_cover.jpg

wasn't that the tv special where the california raisins appear at the end? and there's some running joke about wassaling? i watched that when i was a kid and it pissed me off, cause i only tuned in to see the california raisins & they were only in it for 3 minutes.

my favorite: tie between pogues' "fairy tale of new york" and donny hathaway's "this christmas"

I'd like to say "Wonderful Christmastime" is a strong candidate for Gayest Christmas Song. I'm convinced that it gets a pass or is actually enjoyed only because of the performer.

"Santa Baby" proves that even Christmas can be saucy.

I'm not a fan of Christmas music playing for nearly two months straight, but I'm more receptive to it this year. I couldn't bear to hear a single Christmas song last year (I'd just had a messy end to a long relationship). Something about the jovial tunes and being alone that don't really jive together.

My absoolute favorite christmas song is The Platters version of "White Christmas" It's the version that Macauley Culkin is lip synching to just as he slaps the colognwe on his face and screams in Home Alone.

Also---Our All christmas station flipped on the first friday of November. The 2nd.

We win.

My favorite Christmas CD.

AVerySpecialChristmas1_300.jpg

1. "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" - The Pointer Sisters

2. "Winter Wonderland" - Eurythmics

3. "Do You Hear What I Hear?" - Whitney Houston

4. "Merry Christmas Baby" - Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band

5. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" - Pretenders

6. "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" - John Mellencamp

7. "Gabriel's Message" - Sting

8. "Christmas In Hollis" - Run-D.M.C.

9. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - U2

10. "Santa Baby" - Madonna

11. "Little Drummer Boy - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

12. "Run Rudolph Run" - Bryan Adams

13. "Back Door Santa" - Bon Jovi

* For unknown reasons, "Back Door Santa" was replaced on later pressings of the album with "I Wish Every Day Could Be Like Christmas," also by Bon Jovi.

14. "The Coventry Carol" - Alison Moyet

15. "Silent Night" - Stevie Nicks

The whole CD's great, but those are my 2 favs. Also, it's sales benefited the Special Olympics so that's also good.

The Pretenders version is my favorite version of that stupid carol. I can chuck the rest of that CD.

I'd like to say "Wonderful Christmastime" is a strong candidate for Gayest Christmas Song. I'm convinced that it gets a pass or is actually enjoyed only because of the performer.

"Santa Baby" proves that even Christmas can be saucy.

I'm not a fan of Christmas music playing for nearly two months straight, but I'm more receptive to it this year. I couldn't bear to hear a single Christmas song last year (I'd just had a messy end to a long relationship). Something about the jovial tunes and being alone that don't really jive together.

Oh man, I HATE that song too. Probably right up there with "Feliz Navidad," and the Hawaiian Christmas song for my least favrotie holiday song.

I legit enjoy "Wonderful Christmastime" and "Feliz Navidad" so uh go fuck yourself! I can't explain the former- I guess it's my love of McCartney and synthesizers and yuletide music.

Another guilty pleasure Christmas song- Hall and Oates cover of "Jingle Bell Rock"

Guest Smues
Another guilty pleasure Christmas song- Hall and Oates cover of "Jingle Bell Rock"

It's my favorite version of Jingle Bell Rock, but I can't listen to it without thinking of when Beavis & Butthead watch it.

"Who'se that? Whoa it's Geraldo!"

"Don't let Primus in, they'll trash the place. My name is mud!"

Another good one I forgot to mention is the Grinch song. And I'm not a fan of Bob & Doug McKenzie, but they're twelve days of Christmas is awesome.

498095_170x170.jpg512497_170x170.jpg

My two favorite Christmas albums.

Carol of the Bells...that is all.

Silent Night sung a capella is always nice.

Hey anyone remember the "Claymation Christmas Special"?

Claymation_Christmas_album_cover.jpg

wasn't that the tv special where the california raisins appear at the end? and there's some running joke about wassaling? i watched that when i was a kid and it pissed me off, cause i only tuned in to see the california raisins & they were only in it for 3 minutes.

We Three Kings from that special is my favorite rendition of the song. Actually, the whole special is outstanding.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

If I ever snap and shoot up a shopping mall or other public place, killing a dozen before getting knocked down in a hail of bullets, dogs barking jingle bells will surely be the soundtrack.

Fuck you. Did you get that Dump album I uploaded? I was gonna do I Can Hear the Music, too, but I had little trouble finding that one on soulseek, so you have no excuses.

I'm downloading it as we speak. My first few attempts to do so were aborted by the "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity" message I dread.

If I enjoy this one, I'll give Soulseek a second chance to find I Can Hear The Music.

Fuck it, its Christmas, whats your favourite XMAS song?

Elton John - Step Into Christmas

John Lennon - Merry Xmas Everyone

Mike Oldfield - In Dulci Jublio

Guest Smues

Being the thread consolidation nazi that I apparantly am I merged this with the thread we already had about Christmas music.

Am I the only person who really likes Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas is You"?

Glad I'm not the only man that loves that song.

Elton John - Step Into Christmas

John Lennon - Merry Xmas Everyone

Step Into Christmas is quite enjoyable. I haven't heard Merry Xmas everyone but if it's anything like John Lennon's other Christmas song "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" then it sucks. Damn is that song terrible.

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt

Hell yes on both of those.