TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Senshi Quits TNA

In a pre-show meeting with all the talent this afternoon, TNA President Dixie Carter offered releases to anyone that was unhappy and wanted out. Senshi was the only one who accepted the offer, so he's gone from TNA. His departure will likely be explained on TV as him being the one who got the box with the pink slip.

-- PWTorch

I guess Low-Ki can make more money in Japan, but it's always fun watching him burn his bridges. Doesn't he realise it's not 2002 and he's no longer the golden boy of wrestling?

Well, he changed his offense imo to not being so stiff, maybe WWE will give him a look finally.

I don't see how this is burning a bridge when he was offered the release. Now if they could only get BG & Kip James to walk out too...

I don't see how this is burning a bridge when he was offered the release. Now if they could only get BG & Kip James to walk out too...

Watch them get tag title shots instead. :o

Guest MadManOnTheWater

Watch them get tag title shots instead. :o

I'd love it if BG James says "Screw you, Billy Gunn, you deadweight suck-magnet" and uses the tag title shot for a reunion between himself and Ron Killings. Especially if it ends with a Kip James jobbing in a loser leaves TNA match, this is one tag team partners break up and feud with each other match that I would be interested in, if only for the promos that BG James could cut.

So... wrestlers doing worked shoots about being held back, Hall being heavily advertised and not showing up, Nash main eventing, and wrestlers having a meeting where they're told they can quit with one person accepting.

Something about the way this company is being run seems awfully familiar (yes, I know it's cliche to bring that up... but Jesus Christ TNA, come on now...)

So... wrestlers doing worked shoots about being held back, Hall being heavily advertised and not showing up, Nash main eventing, and wrestlers having a meeting where their told they can quit with one person accepting.

Something about the way this company is being run seems awfully familiar (yes, I know it's cliche to bring that up... but Jesus Christ TNA, come on now...)

Don't forget Booker's promo.

I found it comical that Booker, whom has been in TNA for less then a month was trying to rally the troops. Where does Low-Ki go? I guess NOAH but he isn't getting back to ROH and WWE isn't going to bother.

WWE won't give him a look, so he's screwed, stateside anyway. It's unfortunate, because I enjoy watching him. I understand why he's frustrated though, and nobody needs to put up with that crap.

So... wrestlers doing worked shoots about being held back, Hall being heavily advertised and not showing up, Nash main eventing, and wrestlers having a meeting where their told they can quit with one person accepting.

Don't forget Booker's promo.

Oh yes... I didn't see the show but I pieced together from recaps he made various comments like "slip on a banana peel" and "you have a good look but...".

Here's Meltzer's description.

He said Roode has a "great look" but that Roode tonight was going to take his finish in the middle. He used to be a King talking like a King. Now he's Booker being scripted to talk like a booker.

Awful.

In a pre-show meeting with all the talent this afternoon, TNA President Dixie Carter offered releases to anyone that was unhappy and wanted out. Senshi was the only one who accepted the offer, so he's gone from TNA. His departure will likely be explained on TV as him being the one who got the box with the pink slip.

-- PWTorch

Raven received his release from World Championship Wrestling earlier this week when WCW Vice-President - Eric Bischoff - held a meeting before Monday Night Nitro went to the air. Bischoff agreed to release any wrestler who was unhappy with their status in the company.

Jesus Christ...

That's the first thing that came to my mind lol.

Maybe Konann, Sting, and Senshi are the smart talent for leaving TNA. Hell, maybe Hall didn't want to waste his comeback on TNA. I don't blame the man.

I have to say that even though Low Ki comes off as a dick, I think he'll do fine for himself overseas. I'd love to see him show up in AJPW or NJPW. Low Ki against Nakamura or Goto would be all kinds of fun. :)

We can talk until we're blue in the face about TNA's problems. But, what about solutions? I have a solution, fire Mike Tenay. He was the real downfall of WCW. Also, it's purely speculation, but I think Tenay had something to do with Scott Hall missing the PPV. I think the sound of Tenay's voice made ill.

It's that stupid-ass six-sided ring. It's just ridiculous. Switch to the traditional square ring and I bet ratings would go up 0.2-0.4 points within a couple of weeks.

There is some truth to this. It comes off as being really gimmicky just for the sake of being gimmicky, which is sort of TNA's calling card at this point. RANDOM GIMMICK MATCH! If they want they can use the 6-sider for an once a year PPV.

It's that stupid-ass six-sided ring. It's just ridiculous. Switch to the traditional square ring and I bet ratings would go up 0.2-0.4 points within a couple of weeks.

I don't understand the hatred for the six-sided ring. It's one of the things about that company that doesn't get on my nerves.

I too hate the six sided ring, it still seems to confuse wrestlers after all this time.

A 4-sided ring isn't helping WWE and it's serious problems.

Yeah curse it's profit turning and storylines that actually seem to be going someplace.

The 6 sided ring, like I said just feels gimmicky for being gimmicky. It is like something that Chikara would use as a niche indy fed, but instead it's a wannabe threat to the McMahon empire using it.

Guest Jearan
So, can anyone actually name and date any memorable Senshi matches in the last 2-3 years?

As a casual TNA fan up until not-so-long-ago, i had no idea who Senshi was until today. If people can't put up memorable matches, the only memorable thing he will have done is... leaving.

So, can anyone actually name and date any memorable Senshi matches in the last 2-3 years?

Dropping the X-Division title to Chris Sabin at last year's BFG. A damn fine match, that was probably the best of the night.