TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

RAW XV

I was kind of hoping for a few different names in the gimmick battle royal...

Max Moon, Adam Bomb, Virgil and 1-2-3 Kid would have all been awesome...but I got Repo Man, so I'm more than happy.

I'm also suprised that there was no mention of Eddie or Owen (aside from his brief appearance in the montage)

Okay I think its my time to be negative nancy. Did I miss something cause Comcast said Bret Hart was going to make an appearance. No Rock, no Bret, no Sid. At least I got my Gillberg and my Million Dollar Man. The lack of Vincent was sad. I liked sneaking in the Owen Hart video though

PWI has a lot of explaining to with no Sid on the show.

But perhaps it's for the best. He probably would have gotten no pop from the dumb crowd either.

I would be remiss if I didnt second the lack of Cena. An appearance would have been cool. Anyways this show was the best episode of Raw in years. However, I think they burnt out the crowd a bit with the Evolution, HHH hijinx and Hogan stuff in the first hour and a half or so. After Hogan, the crowd seemed to lose steam a lot.

I felt the momentum leave during the Jericho/Bischoff segment. I think they could have done everything memorable in 2 hours.

The ladder match was amazing...huge ups to Carlito and Jeff.

All the other nostalgia stuff could have fit into 2 hours.

Jericho has just been...blah since coming back. The crowds feel the same way apparently.

And that ladder match sucked a hard one. I like Hardy but Carlito just looks apathetic all the time.

Even as someone who is as big a Jericho fan as anyone, even I felt that segment halt the show's momentum. I can't explain why at all either.

I think that Jericho (through no fault of his own) has returned at the WORST TIME POSSIBLE in recent memory. Vince and company, within the past year, has realized just how sentimental the WWE fans (outside of Dimwit, Conn. or wherever the fuck the show aired from tonight) are. When you stuff the Jericho return in the same three-week sandwich with Flair in Charlotte and this sentimentally stacked show, then you can't expect the fans to take to it in the way that they should. It's just distracted booking.

Loved the show tonight, though at times I think it burnt out the crowd. Bischoff's long winded tirade I think is what sorta sent the crowd into apathy, and really I expected more out of Jericho's rebuttal. He just mentioned the kayfabe 2005 firing angle, but I really wanted him to badmouth Bischoff for not pushing him in WCW.

I had no idea that RVD was going to show up tonight so his appearance was the only real surprise. It was hilarious, he shows up, squashes Santino and leaves. It was amusing to juxtapose that with Jericho struggling for about 10 mins. with Santino in his first match back.

Even as someone who is as big a Jericho fan as anyone, even I felt that segment halt the show's momentum. I can't explain why at all either.

I think that Jericho (through no fault of his own) has returned at the WORST TIME POSSIBLE in recent memory. Vince and company, within the past year, has realized just how sentimental the WWE fans (outside of Dimwit, Conn. or wherever the fuck the show aired from tonight) are. When you stuff the Jericho return in the same three-week sandwich with Flair in Charlotte and this sentimentally stacked show, then you can't expect the fans to take to it in the way that they should. It's just distracted booking.

No disrespect, because I thought Jericho's return would garner a better response, but I think people on the internet got way wrapped on the Jericho hype and probably thought Jericho was more than what he was. Watching Jericho now, seems like the same dude he was two years ago and even four or five years ago. Watching that promo seemed like it was 2003 or 2004 all over again. The dumb catchprases and predictable banter was very contrived and cliched. I think, I now realize that Jericho isnt and probably will never be the "guy" ang that two years off did more to hurt him than to help him.

No disrespect, because I thought Jericho's return would garner a better response, but I think people on the internet got way wrapped on the Jericho hype and probably thought Jericho was more than what he was. Watching Jericho now, seems like the same dude he was two years ago and even four or five years ago. Watching that promo seemed like it was 2003 or 2004 all over again. The dumb catchprases and predictable banter was very contrived and cliched. I think, I now realize that Jericho isnt and probably will never be the "guy" ang that two years off did more to hurt him than to help him.

Tru dat, dawg. He be needed to trUllleey rebirthin; HIMsellvf.

translate: He needs to just be what he was during the fun, sixty-second long clip of ME WANT TITLE MATCH of yesterweek: fun, and not forced.

Also, WWE needs to treat him like his special. Like they did when they first debuted him: Y2J is the biggest fucking deal this side of Kurrgan. Not even Hogan came off that way during the split in 2002. It all breaks down to smart, precise booking, wherein which lies the fatal flaw.

Jericho has just been...blah since coming back. The crowds feel the same way apparently.

My favourite part of the show tonight was Jericho saying that he's glad he had the time off because he was feeling burned out and "mentally fried" ...uh :huh:

My favourite part of the show tonight was Jericho saying that he's glad he had the time off because he was feeling burned out and "mentally fried" ...uh :huh:

Yeah, that was bad. Good thing he didn't cut that promo in front of an ROH crowd. Those fans would have totally jumped that the guardrail and showed Jericho and everybody else in the business how to really put the industry over B-)

Yeah, that was bad. Good thing he didn't cut that promo in front of an ROH crowd. Those fans would totally jumped that the guardrail and showed Jericho and everybody else in the business how to really put someone over B-)

:huh: Not sure where you were going with that but what I meant was, the first thing that popped into my head when he said "mentally fried" was Chris Benoit.

One of Jericho's main problems is that he has never really had the aura of a serious wrestler. I have no idea if Van Dam is going to come back full time in the near future, but his bit tonight was handled better than anything with Jericho's comeback thus far. For one it was an actual surprise that wasn't blatantly telegraphed for a month. As noted they both wrestled Santino and RVD simply squashed him in 30 seconds, where Jericho struggled to beat a guy who is a comedy jobber.

But then I'm probably one of the few who prefers RVD's 2001 WWF debut to Jericho's 1999 debut.

And that ladder match sucked a hard one. I like Hardy but Carlito just looks apathetic all the time.

Shhhhh, you better not say that or they will say you hate jericho or something.

Really though I totally agree. Every segment he has been in has been flat and the crowd has even booed him once. They just don't accept him as a face...he is so much better as a heel.

Just look at tonight, when he hit Eric, there was absolutely no positive crowd response. Jericho as a face just doesn't work...hell just look at the way he dresses.

If Jericho promos are blah, that would make everyone elses horrible.

Terrible is Terrible. Jericho is terrible right now, and not very over.

And neither is anyone else, except maybe Jeff Hardy.

There is a few more people on the roster more over than Jericho, and they all do their job better.

Shhhhh, you better not say that or they will say you hate jericho or something.

Really though I totally agree. Every segment he has been in has been flat and the crowd has even booed him once. They just don't accept him as a face...he is so much better as a heel.

Just look at tonight, when he hit Eric, there was absolutely no positive crowd response. Jericho as a face just doesn't work...especially the way he dresses.

This is my favorite. I agree that Jericho has been kinda bland on the stick since coming back, but what is with everyone whining about his clothes? I personally don't give a shit about what some cat is wearing to the ring if he's entertaining. A sparkly vest is gay......as opposed to watching guys rolling around in their underwear with other men all oiled up. I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to be flamboyant, he's supposed to be a showman, like an 80s rock star (think David Lee Roth).

I think this was a pretty entertaining show though. Sadly, I laughed at Hornswoggle at the end, pretending to talk to Triple H while casually dumping beer on McMahon.

On a side note, does anyone have any clue what was up with Hogan referencing Savage? I know their past and Macho's album and all that, but that seemed really random to mention.

Did anyone else notice that Hogan's hair coming out of his bandana looked really fake? Like extensions or something.. I wonder if he's taking tips from Paris now? ;)

Did anyone else notice that Hogan's hair coming out of his bandana looked really fake? Like extensions or something.. I wonder if he's taking tips from Paris now? ;)

I thought his hair looked a little off when I saw him at the gladiators taping this weekend.

Also, I missed like the 1st hour and a half, is there a chance they will rerun this?