TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

RAW XV

Might aswell get this started early:

Liking it Raw for 15 years

December 10, 2007

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – It will be a night of celebration next week as Monday Night Raw celebrates its 15th anniversary with a three-hour spectacular.

A host of WWE legends and alumni have been invited to honor the most groundbreaking show in sports-entertainment: Hulk Hogan, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Eric Bischoff, Sunny, Trish Stratus and Lita are just a few on the list of invitees.

Many of these Superstars have one thing in common: They all have had heated wars with Mr. McMahon. The Chairman’s daughter, Stephanie McMahon, has warned her father not to show up at the anniversary celebration because she fears his many enemies may be gunning for him. But Mr. McMahon will not be deterred, as he is determined to name the greatest Superstar in Raw’s history. Who will be named Raw’s greatest Superstar? You have to tune in to Raw’s special 15th anniversary celebration to find out.

However, Mr. McMahon will have more than his enemies on his mind. Next week, his entire family, including his illegitimate son, Hornswoggle, will be posing for a family portrait. How will all the members of the McMahon clan react to the little leprechaun in their first public appearance as a complete unit?

Armageddon will be less than one week away during Raw’s 15th anniversary celebration, and the rivalry between Chris Jericho and Randy Orton is heating up as their WWE Championship Match approaches. What will these two do to try to get an advantage before Armageddon?

And what about Triple H and Jeff Hardy? Their match at Armageddon will determine who will challenge for the WWE Championship at Royal Rumble. These two dynamic Superstars have mutual respect for one another, but will that fade as Armageddon approaches? Either way, the challenges won't stop for the "Rainbow-haired Warrior." As seen first in an exclusive video on WWE Mobile at AT&T, Carlito will challenge Hardy in a Ladder Match on the 15th Anniversary Celebration of Raw.

Raw's 15th anniversary celebration will also include some surprise reunions - like the reunion of Evolution. WWE Champion Randy Orton, World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Triple H and Ric Flair have all walked separate paths since their days as a unit. How will they react to their reunion, especially with a egomaniac like Orton involved?

Join us next week as we prepare for Armageddon and celebrate the present and past during Raw’s 15th anniversary party. Find out which legends will appear and which Superstars will make special appearances. Tune in live to USA Network for a three-hour celebration with a special start time of 8/7 CT and look back on 15 years of greatness.

Bart Gunn is confirmed?

I just want to see "Razor Ramon" one last time.

Maybe for old times sake, let him win the battle royal, just like 15 years ago.

Give me Sean Mooney and I'm good.

WWE.com keeps putting up polls - I don't know if the old ones are being archived but I've seen at least three TODAY. Hottest Diva, Best Interview Segment, and now Best Faction. DX is running away with that one.

So we don't lose track confrimed so far from the general discussion thread/Meltzer/wwe.com, former stars that will be appearing on Raw:

Sunny

Gangrel

Lita

Trish

Hogan

Austin

Bischoff

Neidhart

Mae Young

Anyone else?

So we don't lose track confrimed so far from the general discussion thread/Meltzer/wwe.com, former stars that will be appearing on Raw:

Sunny

Gangrel

Lita

Trish

Hogan

Austin

Bischoff

Neidhart

Mae Young

Anyone else?

Foley

Give me Sean Mooney and I'm good.

Wasn't Sean Mooney before the Monday Night Raw era?

Will this mean the return of Todd Pettengill?

Mooney was, at the very least, on Raw #1 (he kept doing interviews outside with Bobby Heenan's various disguises for trying to get in the building). They did feature him in the Raw special when they went back to the USA Network in 2005 after all.

I want Bischof to come back with the hair dyed black

so he and that Sighn guy that bes with Khali can have an

awkward stare down..

This is gonna suck. Of the list of "big names" coming back, it's just the same people we tend to see on WWE TV all the time - Austin, Hogan, Foley, etc.

It'll be cool to see Trish I guess, but eh.. without really *huge* returns like Bret or Rock, I can't find myself caring too much.

This should be a pretty cool Raw, Lord Alfred Hayes should come back to say 'I'm outside Macho Man Randy Savage's Dressing room' one more time, though I'm not sure he ever appeared on Raw. Oh, actually, I just read he died in 2005, man :(

awkward stare down..

Have you noticed they're never in the room at the same time....

Sunny

Gangrel

Lita

Trish

Hogan

Austin

Bischoff

Neidhart

Mae Young

Anyone else?

Bart Gunn was confirmed on Between the Ropes.

I'll mark out for Bart Gunn. I could never figure out why WWF never did more with him after the Brawl for All. I think they had him fight Butterbean just for an excuse to let him go when he lost.

awkward stare down..

Have you noticed they're never in the room at the same time....

:lol:

I'll mark out for Bart Gunn. I could never figure out why WWF never did more with him after the Brawl for All. I think they had him fight Butterbean just for an excuse to let him go when he lost.

This is old news, but the reason why the WWE never did anything with Gunn, was because he knocked out Steve Williams in the Brawl for All.

They basically used the Brawl for All as a way to build up "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, because he was a legit tough guy. They wanted him to run through everyone in the Brawl for All, so they can build him up as a legit contender for Steve Austin. Gunn derailed those plans and his reward was to get his face smashed in by Butterbean at WM.

Well, I understand the whole thing with Dr. Death and Jim Ross being his friend. I think it was a dumb idea to use a shoot tournament to try and get someone over (I mean, they had Dan Severn in it, for crying out loud), but it could have worked, possibly.

I basically think the plan with Gunn was "OK, if he somehow manages to beat Butterbean, he'll be money. If he loses, like he probably will, it will be an easy reason to get rid of him."

Well, I understand the whole thing with Dr. Death and Jim Ross being his friend. I think it was a dumb idea to use a shoot tournament to try and get someone over (I mean, they had Dan Severn in it, for crying out loud), but it could have worked, possibly.

It was a terrible idea on many levels.

RAW XV will be the second episode all year that I intend on watching in real time (instead of giving my DVR an hour before joining in). The last time was the Y2J return.

I thought Dan Severn was just scheduled to participate, but at the last second backed out with an insanely boring promo about how he didn't want to compete with gloves on.

This is old news, but the reason why the WWE never did anything with Gunn, was because he knocked out Steve Williams in the Brawl for All.

They basically used the Brawl for All as a way to build up "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, because he was a legit tough guy. They wanted him to run through everyone in the Brawl for All, so they can build him up as a legit contender for Steve Austin. Gunn derailed those plans and his reward was to get his face smashed in by Butterbean at WM.

Yeah I remember Gunn and JR having some words before the match and then after Gunn knocked out Dr. Death JR got PISSED.

I thought Dan Severn was just scheduled to participate, but at the last second backed out with an insanely boring promo about how he didn't want to compete with gloves on.

Severn actually was in the first round of the tournament...he won his match (can't remember against who), though he did seem to have a tough time fighting within the rules of the tournament. Then the following week they had that promo were he said some BS about "having nothing to prove".

Severn actually was in the first round of the tournament...he won his match (can't remember against who), though he did seem to have a tough time fighting within the rules of the tournament. Then the following week they had that promo were he said some BS about "having nothing to prove".

I'm pretty sure it was Marc Mero.

I think I remember Meltzer saying once that WWF really thought Gunn could beat Butterbean. So they weren't just setting him up to fail.