TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Severe ass kickings in the NFL this week.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

New York and Minnesota. The Giants will fall in backwards with some help and a lucky win in Buffalo before losing by four scores at home en route to shitting their pants in front of God and everybody in Tampa Bay. The Vikings win tonight and drop one of their last two.

The Giants shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs. unless they somehow get by the first round & have to play in Green Bay.

I'm picking them and Minnesota but I could see the Vikings losing tonight (because the Espn hype cant be right) and the Giants losing out. It could end up being Washington and New Orleans.

The Bears will probably win tonight because of the old NFL corollary that states once the general public becomes absolutely sure of something (Chicago bad, Minnesota good), the complete opposite has to happen.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
The Bears will probably win tonight because of the old NFL corollary that states once the general public becomes absolutely sure of something (Chicago bad, Minnesota good), the complete opposite has to happen.

I don't know shit about quarterback ratings, but I feel like some ridiculous wager should be made, predicated on the near-impossibility of his rating being very good. Help me out here.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Throwing on Minnesota is possible. I don't think the Bears offense is going to be on the field long enough for that to even be an issue.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
Adrian Peterson's dad looks about thirty years old.

Also, HE NEVER STOPPED RUNNING.

He is about thirty years old.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
Orton's looking pretty damn decent.

I say fire everybody else and keep him.

There's never been any problem with Orton. It's always the other quarterback who wins a bunch of games, and yet for some reason everybody in Chicago bounces around like little girls and says how much better it's going to be as soon as Rexy gets back. Rexy can make all the throws! He has quick strike ability!

He also sucks. Kyle Orton should have remained the starter on this team since 2005.

Ya know, if you follow the way the league has been going for the last few years and the patterns it goes through... that means that the Chargers would win the Super Bowl this year...

BRING IT HOME NORV

Okay I am back from St. Louis where I went to the Rams/Packers game yesterday as well as then going to the St. Louis Blues hockey game afterwards. It was cool as hell...my friend's stepmom got some really awesome tickets from her boss, like 9th row at the Rams/Packers game and literally front row by the glass and ice for the Blues.

The really wild thing about the Rams/Packers game was there had to be as many Green Bay fans with Favre jerseys as actual Rams fans. I was basically forced to wear a Rams shirt, but to be honest I like the Packers more (I like the Rams too, just not as much as during the Warner/Faulk era). Got to see Favre break Marino's all time record and I'm amazed at how little hype or coverage something like that has gotten. I don't recall hearing about it at all in the past week and there was also not much mentioned in the newspaper about it, maybe a small article buried on page 6.

I'm kinda wondering why Lovie didn't use that last timeout there. The Vikings would've had to run a 4th-down play. I know it's unlikely that the Bears could've pulled a rabbit out of the hat, but it's not like you can take your TO's home with you. In other news, AP won me my FF semi-final game.

I'm kinda wondering why Lovie didn't use that last timeout there. The Vikings would've had to run a 4th-down play. I know it's unlikely that the Bears could've pulled a rabbit out of the hat, but it's not like you can take your TO's home with you. In other news, AP won me my FF semi-final game.

I wondered that too; with ten seconds left do you call a hail mary and hope they don't blitz, do you punt and hope it doesn't go to Hester, do you set up for the punt and just run around like a chicken with its head cut off and then throw the ball deep to kill the clock?

Speaking of Hester, for god's sake everyone needs to kick to him. As long as he keeps making great returns it's exciting as hell, and you certainly aren't going to figure out a good way to make a tackle on the guy when you consistenly kickoff to the 20 and punt the ball out of bounds inside your own 30. Sooner or later the Bears are going to go Music City Miracle or Cal/Stanford and just start pitching the ball all over the place to get it to Hester.

There's never been any problem with Orton. It's always the other quarterback who wins a bunch of games, and yet for some reason everybody in Chicago bounces around like little girls and says how much better it's going to be as soon as Rexy gets back. Rexy can make all the throws! He has quick strike ability!

He also sucks. Kyle Orton should have remained the starter on this team since 2005.

Do you have any clue what you're talking about. Where are these legions of Rex supporters? I haven't seen them since 2003.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Do you have any clue what you're talking about. Where are these legions of Rex supporters? I haven't seen them since 2003.

One example.

Grossman looked like the high-risk, high-reward quarterback we remember against the Raiders. He perhaps displayed a more cavalier, nothing-to-lose persona, and the chemistry he sparked in the huddle cannot be overlooked or underestimated. But ask Grossman what he learned most in five games watching Griese, and he likely would say he learned he didn't like to sit.

Is he a smarter quarterback now? That's the hope, but that conclusion can't be drawn after some last-minute heroics against the NFL's worst secondary. His presence under center, practically speaking, does help the running game potentially more than Griese's.

Teams cannot ignore Grossman's big arm. It can be as dangerous to the Bears as it is to defenses, as everybody knows. But if Grossman stays in charge, teams are going to think twice before stacking eight defenders in the box if it means leaving a cornerback to cover Berrian.

Griese can throw deep, too, but defenses don't fear him taking shots downfield the way they do when Grossman starts throwing with confidence. The Bears, as the only team in the NFL yet to score on its opening possession, could use some of that quick-strike ability and mentality coming out of the locker room.

The majority of Bears fans are fed up with Rex, and either want Griese, Orton, or none of the above. I highly doubt Orton is the solution, because he needs an offensive line and running backs to succeed, and we have neither, and won't for several years. The Bears are basically the Oakland Raiders of earlier this decade: they got old and bad in a heartbeat, and now the organization is wiped out for the next four to seven years.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
The majority of Bears fans are fed up with Rex, and either want Griese, Orton, or none of the above. I highly doubt Orton is the solution, because he needs an offensive line and running backs to succeed, and we have neither, and won't for several years. The Bears are basically the Oakland Raiders of earlier this decade: they got old and bad in a heartbeat, and now the organization is wiped out for the next four to seven years.

I'm referring less to fans and more about professional sports commentators, be they writers or TV personalities. The kind of people who are dumb enough to use phrases like "quick-strike ability." They're the ones who were saying in 2005 how the Bears couldn't wait to get Grossman back, how their offense was going to turn into the Colts or something because Grossman can "make all the throws."

Don't worry about it. McNabb should do everything in his power to become a Chicago Bear this offseason. He could at least retire with his hometown team then.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm not sure, but from watching what little I caught of the Philly/Dallas game yesterday, McNabb doesn't look anywhere near as good as he used to be. I saw him go back to throwing to his old favorite receiver, Astro Turf, an awful lot yesterday. Honestly, I have NO idea what it is that causes him to throw the ball so damn low all the time. His accuracy looks way off, and he can't make as many plays with his feet as he used to, which is part of what made him dangerous in the first place.