TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Severe ass kickings in the NFL this week.

It is kind of a mixed blessing to get into the playoffs this year in the NFC....the good thing is, no team is so superior as to have no chance....the bad thing is...whoever makes it to the Superbowl.....well yeah.

It is kind of a mixed blessing to get into the playoffs this year in the NFC....the good thing is, no team is so superior as to have no chance....the bad thing is...whoever makes it to the Superbowl.....well yeah.

Non consented buttsex?

Carolina is going to beat Seattle 6-3. Those Seahawks sure are scary.

They were until Espn mentioned it.

And I'm surprised that I'm not bald yet from ripping out my hair this season. What does Mike Holmgren do that pisses me off almost every week.

I really think the Cowboys can beat the patriots.

We were up in the 2nd half when we played them early in the season.

yeah...as long as Tony Romo isn't playing like Eli Manning.

Man, I hate the Patriots so much. I find myself yearning for the Greatest Show on Turf to overwhelm us with cloying Kurt Warner anecdotes and stupid touchdown celebrations. At least that was fun hate. This is just angry hate.

Haha!!! :lol:

But by the end of the game, the Cowboys looked like they didn't even belong on the same field as

the Patriots' cheerleaders, much less the team.

If anybody beats the Patriots, it will be the Colts. They're the only team that remotely scares me,

as they'll have Harrison back if they meet up again.

Any chance that Czech Republik will put up a webcam during the playoffs? I wanna see his

temper tantrums after each Patriot win. Pure comedic gold.

Guest Vitamin X

The weird formatting in JangoFett4Hire's post makes me think he typed it up over a long day's work on notepad, to make sure he didn't lose sight of the awesomeness and hilarity he surely intended in that post.

Personally, speaking, I have this weird feeling about the Chargers- they've looked pretty good as of late, and if anybody might scare New England, it may just be them. Especially on grass.

But by the end of the game, the Cowboys looked like they didn't even belong on the same field as

If anybody beats the Patriots, it will be the Colts. They're the only team that remotely scares me,

Any chance that Czech Republik will put up a webcam during the playoffs? I wanna see his

The Colts can beat the patriots, as long as they're healthy. Once they finally get the whole team back, it will be a different game.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Jacksonville is going to fuck somebody up in the first round. Probably Pittsburgh again.

And don't look now but the Giants can still miss the playoffs. They have Buffalo next week and then New England going for 16-0.

Guest Vitamin X

New York doesn't deserve to make the playoffs, all they had was a decent run in the middle of the year over shit teams bookended by terrible play. I'd much rather see Arizona go in over them. Maybe even Philly.

The weird formatting in JangoFett4Hire's post makes me think he typed it up over a long day's work on notepad, to make sure he didn't lose sight of the awesomeness and hilarity he surely intended in that post.

Personally, speaking, I have this weird feeling about the Chargers- they've looked pretty good as of late, and if anybody might scare New England, it may just be them. Especially on grass.

Pats locked up homefield, so they won't be playing any playoff games on grass.

Well, Moss might, but the actual game will be on that field-turf.

Unless this week is their wake up call. The Cowboys haven't really played well since Thanksgiving. They can't have lucky breaks and penalties keep their drives alive. They need to murder Carolina next week, then Washington just to make sure that they stay in the number 1 spot in the NFC. At this rate, the only way they beat the Pats is if a time machine opens and number 8, 22, and 88 stroll out on the field to help.

This is coming from a big Cowboys fans too, but I just don't see this team doing it. The way they been on cruise control lately.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

It's been inevitable until now, but how bad do the Bears get beat tonight? I'm going to go out on a limb and say "not very."

24-16. Something like that.

The Colts can beat the patriots, as long as they're healthy. Once they finally get the whole team back, it will be a different game.

Freeney is on IR and theres a distinct chance that Harrison wont play again this year.

I want to believe this notion that the Colts are playing more like a team built for shitty weather than the Pats are, and thus will have an advantage should they play them in Foxborough in the AFC championship game.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
Now that Minnesota has been deemed "scary" by Espn, the Bears will win tonight.

Scary, eh? I say - irrelevant.

What I need to know from ESPN is this: who is more Now? Minnesota or Chicago?

Whichever team is more Now, I believe, is the team that will win.

(I suspect it is Minnesota. Adrian Peterson is very Now.)

Super Bowl XLII is going to be a rematch of Super Bowl XXXI

I think the Packers are the only NFC team that won't be 15+ point underdogs to the Patriots in the Super Bowl, and quite honestly would be the best Super Bowl matchup available with the Patriots out of the AFC.

The most interesting story though is the fact that the friggin Cleveland Browns could win the AFC North...but the problem is they need the Ravens to beat the Steelers in week 17 (Steelers have St. Louis next week, Browns have Cincy and SF). That'll be hillarious..Browns fans rooting for the Ravens to beat the Steelers so they can win the AFC North, cause if they both win out the Steelers have the tiebreaker, although Cleveland would still make the playoffs as a Wild Card and probably play Pittsburgh in the first round. But I cannot see Browns fans rooting for the Ravens, even in such a scenario where it would mean winning the Division and getting a home playoff game vs going on the road in the first round.

I wonder if its possible the Steelers dont make the playoffs? If the Ravens were to beat them week 17 (which wont happen, but lets just imagine it might) and the Browns win out (highly probable) and the Titans win out (vs Jets and Colts not very likely but the Colts have the 1rst round bye locked up and might not play Manning and Co. in the last game) then does anyone know who has the tiebreaker between a 10-6 Steelers team and a 10-6 Titans team?

Edit (It would be the Steelers based on their 5-1 Division record vs the Titans 4-2 division record)

damn! I was hoping the Ravens could knock the Steelers out..but the only way is if St. Louis beats them as well.

Nah, we'd root for the Ravens if it came down to that. And if one of the salty Ravens were to take out Roeslithsberger (no, I don't care to look up the spelling), all the better.

Though, I consider the Cincy game this week to be a trap game for the Browns.

And boy o boy, I wouldn't like the Browns' chances against Jacksonville if that was a 1st round matchup.

You know, I liked the play that Westbrook made, but just to play devil's advocate, think about this. If he goes right ahead and scores the TD, it would've made the score 17-6. That would've forced Dallas to do 3 things (score, recover an onside kick, and score again) in about 2 minutes. What if Philly had somehow fumbled the snap trying to kill the clock? All Dallas would've had to do then was just get the ball in the endzone once to win the game. Maybe they get a cheap P.I. call, a blown coverage, a chance at a Hail Mary. It was the right call, but I don't neccessarily think it was automatic.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
Nah, we'd root for the Ravens if it came down to that. And if one of the salty Ravens were to take out Roeslithsberger (no, I don't care to look up the spelling), all the better.

Though, I consider the Cincy game this week to be a trap game for the Browns.

And boy o boy, I wouldn't like the Browns' chances against Jacksonville if that was a 1st round matchup.

I'm more worried about teams that throw a lot. Cleveland's pass defense is miserable.

You know, I liked the play that Westbrook made, but just to play devil's advocate, think about this. If he goes right ahead and scores the TD, it would've made the score 17-6. That would've forced Dallas to do 3 things (score, recover an onside kick, and score again) in about 2 minutes. What if Philly had somehow fumbled the snap trying to kill the clock? All Dallas would've had to do then was just get the ball in the endzone once to win the game. Maybe they get a cheap P.I. call, a blown coverage, a chance at a Hail Mary. It was the right call, but I don't neccessarily think it was automatic.

I see what you're saying, but I think the chances of Philly fumbling away the snap and Dallas marching 99 yards for a winning TD were a lot more remote than the chances of Dallas scoring twice in two minutes.

I see what you're saying, but I think the chances of Philly fumbling away the snap and Dallas marching 99 yards for a winning TD were a lot more remote than the chances of Dallas scoring twice in two minutes.

As a Philly sports fan, I can tell you that Dallas driving 99 yards for a game-winning TD is exactly what would have happened.

Kudos to Westbrook for making a smart decision.

Edit (It would be the Steelers based on their 5-1 Division record vs the Titans 4-2 division record)

Division record is only used as a tiebreaker if both teams are in the same division. In this case, both teams would have the same conference record (7-5), and the same record in common games (2-3), so it would come down to strength of victory.

So who does everyone think will be the two wildcard teams from the NFC? It's pretty much down to New York, Minnesota, New Orleans, and Washington. Being from New Orleans I am obviously hoping the Saints make it in. Since they have the tie-breaker over every team, they have a decent shot. I say the Giants lose out and that Minnesota and New Orleans are the teams.