TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

It's going to be unspeakably cool to see the WWE tryout of E&C and the surprise IC title win. I still remember reading about that on some newz site when it happened. I never thought I'd get to watch it. Also, I remember really liking that Raw match between Rated RKO.

It's going to be unspeakably cool to see the WWE tryout of E&C and the surprise IC title win. I still remember reading about that on some newz site when it happened. I never thought I'd get to watch it. Also, I remember really liking that Raw match between Rated RKO.

I remember that IC Title switch was available for free on WWF.com years ago with no commentary, which is where I saw it. And yes, Orton vs. Edge from RAW was terrific.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Edge DVD when it comes out. Alot of those matches I haven't seen in ages.

* Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Jarrett vs. Edge (Never before seen Edge surprise- even to him - IC title win)

Toronto, ON July 24, 1999

Commentary By: Matt Striker & Edge

Awesome - I was in the third row for this match!!

I just saw the November 9-15th Best Buy ad and the Exclusive Best Buy Eddie Guerrero DVD comes in a tin and is 7 Discs!!!!! It doesn't say what the 7 discs include though.

How much is the BB exclusive?

I just saw the November 9-15th Best Buy ad and the Exclusive Best Buy Eddie Guerrero DVD comes in a tin and is 7 Discs!!!!! It doesn't say what the 7 discs include though.

$39.99

Ah.

I found out what the discs besides the 3 for the regular release are:

- Disc 4: Raw Tribute

- Disc 5/6: the Cheating Death, Stealing Life DVD released a few years ago

- Disc 7: No Way Out 2004 DVD

$39.99

Ah.

SOLD.

$39.99

Ah.

SOLD.

As much as I would like to get the 7 disc tin, I already have the Raw Tribute on tape, I already own the Cheating Death, stealing life dvd (though I find it to depressing to watch now.), and I don't actually own the No Way Out 2004 dvd, but I was there live and have the match on the Cheating death, stealing life dvd anyway. So I honestly don't see a reason to go after the tin.

Speaking of tins sets, I was over at Suncoast yesterday to take a quick peak at their wrestling section and apparently someone is getting DVD tin happy. I saw 4 or 5 tin sets. One was for Wrestlemania and the others were for an ECW set, a Icons set, and a Legends set. The tins were nice but I think WWE is starting to go overboard with the tins.

$39.99

Ah.

SOLD.

As much as I would like to get the 7 disc tin, I already have the Raw Tribute on tape, I already own the Cheating Death, stealing life dvd (though I find it to depressing to watch now.), and I don't actually own the No Way Out 2004 dvd, but I was there live and have the match on the Cheating death, stealing life dvd anyway. So I honestly don't see a reason to go after the tin.

Speaking of tins sets, I was over at Suncoast yesterday to take a quick peak at their wrestling section and apparently someone is getting DVD tin happy. I saw 4 or 5 tin sets. One was for Wrestlemania and the others were for an ECW set, a Icons set, and a Legends set. The tins were nice but I think WWE is starting to go overboard with the tins.

That's just it. I don't already own the Cheating Death DVD, which I've been looking to pick up for some time now, and this would be the perfect time to do it.

I'm torn on spending money for the 7 disc set. I am usually the type to get the best version available and don't remember getting to see the tribute show, but I have CDSL and NWO04. Kinda disappointing after getting excited for the 7 discs, but I will probably still get it.

Plus, the CDSL set will probably have Benoit edited out. Right?

Benoit is one thing I am concerned with regarding the Eddy box set. His tribute speech was far and away the most emotional, and he and HHH put on one hell of a match at the Smackdown tapings. It would be a shame for those to be edited out.

Benoit is one thing I am concerned with regarding the Eddy box set. His tribute speech was far and away the most emotional, and he and HHH put on one hell of a match at the Smackdown tapings. It would be a shame for those to be edited out.

I remember hearing something about the UK getting both the RAW is Eddie as well as the Smackdown and having the main event from Smackdown of HHH/Benoit being cut and the Benoit promo from RAW. I just can't remember what footage he is on from CDSL and if they would go back and cut a pre-existing DVD.

BTW, we got in our shipments of Viva La Raza today, and I can confirm that the SmackDown Tribute show is on select versions of the DVD.

So... RAW = Best Buy, SmackDown = TWSE (Suncoast/Sam Goody/FYE)

Quick question on a couple of the DVDs I am looking to pick up. For the Flair set, Mr. Perfect DVD and the Eddie set, are these done with a documentary and then matches like the old DVDs, or are they like the new ones with an interview then match? i really didn't like that for the HHH DVD and I am weary of picking up new DVDs because of that.

Quick question on a couple of the DVDs I am looking to pick up. For the Flair set, Mr. Perfect DVD and the Eddie set, are these done with a documentary and then matches like the old DVDs, or are they like the new ones with an interview then match? i really didn't like that for the HHH DVD and I am weary of picking up new DVDs because of that.

The Flair and Perfect sets are full documentary, then matches.

Ok, thanks Al. Once I get some green, I will certainly be picking these up then. I hope the Edge DVD is like that as well. I will probably pick that one up either way as I am a very big Edge fan.

Apparently there will be some sort of Best of Saturday Night's Main Event dvd released in February 2009.

I would have liked a Saturday Night's Main Event anthology, rather than a Best Of. Oh well.

That has to be at least 50-60 hours of footage. I can't see setting out for a 15-20 dvd set for that show. It had good matches, rarely great though.

Let's see what we can come up with for a dvd.

*Andre/Hogan vs. Studd/Bundy (One of the most watched matches in history)

*Hogan vs. Orndorff (Cage Match)

*Battle Royal (Feb. '87, precursor stuff to Hogan/Andre)

*Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man (post match angle with Elizabeth)

*Savage vs. Bret Hart

*Hulk Hogan vs. Bad News Brown

*Hulk Hogan vs. The Big Boss Man (Cage Match/Zeus Angle)

*Brainbusters vs. Demolition (Title Change)

*Hulk Hogan vs. Genius

*Hogan/Warrior vs. Hennig/Genius

Few great matches, but there are a few hidden gems and some memorable angles.

You could also add Hart Foundation vs. The Rockers and British Bulldog vs. Shawn Michaels to that list. I know they've just been released recently on DVD, but we'll see them again.

Does anyone know if WM XXIV is the only PPV that has been released on blu-ray? I can't seem to find anything about any of the other subsequent PPVs.

If so, does anyone know when they're going to start doing a BD and a DVD for every PPV?

- WWE is set to release a 2-disc Best of Saturday Night's Main Event DVD on 02/10/09.

That was from pwinsder.

Jesse Ventura did almost all the commentary for Saturday Night's Main Event so that means they'll be paying him for this release. I'm hoping they do the couple series on DVD.

Does anyone know if WM XXIV is the only PPV that has been released on blu-ray? I can't seem to find anything about any of the other subsequent PPVs.

If so, does anyone know when they're going to start doing a BD and a DVD for every PPV?

Not only is it the only one in Blue-Ray, it's the only one to be enhanced for 16:9 TVs. I don't know why they just don't release all their PPVs in that format.