TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Year End Review

Wrestler of the year: don't really know who to pick here. My raging bias won't let me say Cena, and nobody else had an especially good year.

Worst wrestler of the year: the Great Khali. I don't understand why anyone finds him entertaining.

Most Improved Wrestler: John Cena. Who knew he had all those great PPV matches in him?

Most Underachieving Wrestler: MISTERRR KENNEDY! The more I pay attention to his matches, the more it seems like he fucks up spots in every single match.

...KENNEDY!

Best Tag Team: I want to say Londrick, but truthfully I gotta go with the reunited Hardy Boyz.

Worst Tag Team: Deuce and Domino, easily. Way worse than anyone else. Fucking worthless.

Best Heel: either Orton or watered-down Edge. Man, this year really has been mediocre.

Best Face: I'd go with Jeff Hardy, he's really taken the ball and run with it.

Best Diva: Mickie James, no contest whatsoever.

Worst Diva: tough call, there are so many horrible ones. Kelly Kelly, just to pick one among many.

Match of the Year: it hurts me to say it, but Cena vs. Umaga last man standing.

Worst Match of the Year: pick your favorite Khali epic encounter.

Quote of the Year: I don't really remember quotes. Insert Santino Line Here.

Best Comeback: were there any? Jericho and Edge's happened too recently to judge.

Mark out moment of the year: RVD's music hitting last week.

Funniest moment of the year: Insert Santino Line Here. No, wait, Kane and Lita making the world's most awkward small talk.

Best brand: Raw. I always prefer a live show, and Smackdown's roster has really been depleted this year.

Worst brand: ECW. For the entire Lashley era, it was pure crap. Better now, but still not great.

Best PPV: probably Wrestlemania.

Worst PPV: there wasn't any particular HOLY SHIT THAT SUCKED type show this year, just several that were kinda blah. Pick your least favorite out of New Year's Revolution, No Way Out, Great American Bash, and Unforgiven.

Best Feud: not many terribly memorable ones. Probably Matt vs. MVP.

Worst Feud: Lashley vs. McMahon, just awful.

Worst Moment of the Year: the shows in the wake of Vince blowing up, with the announcers talking in their "Owen just fell" voices and the ten-bell salutes and "Sherri Who died? we don't care" and jesus christ it made me want to break things.

For the people seriously voting for Benoit, I don't think it should count since it wasn't part of the show.

I've only been watching WWE for the last month, however, I will fill out what I can because these things are fun and fun is good.

Wrestler of the year: C.M. Punk. I see what all the hype is with this guy. He's the real deal. Of course, maybe it's just his "old school" trunks

Worst wrestler of the year: The Miz. Why?

Best Tag Team: MVP and Matt Hardy. Despite their differences, they worked well as a team

Worst Tag Team: Miz and Morrison

Best Heel: John Cena, he's the most hated wrestler in the world

Best Face: John Cena, he's the most loved wrestler in the world

Best Diva: Mickey James

Worst Diva: Kelly Kelly

Best Comeback: "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Best brand: Smackdown

Worst brand: Raw

Best Feud: MVP v. Matt Hardy

Worst Moment of the Year: Y2J's return as a chippendale's dancer.

Notes: I know some of the younger fans don't appreciate teams like Deuce and Domino or the Highlanders. But, if anyone in wrestling should have cheesy gimmicks, it's the tag teams.

Jesse and Festus would have been perfect wrestling in the old ECW.

The WWE has made improvements all around since the last time I watched *Mr. McMahon v. God*

The matches are a bit slower and better paced. Recently, Jeff Hardy/Umaga and MVP/Rey Mysterio came off well, in my opinion.

Wrestler of the year: This was a hard one this year. I would say Jeff Hardy.

Worst wrestler of the year: Gene Snitsky. Seriously. Enough already.

Most Improved Wrestler: Montel Vontavious Porter = Future World Champion

Most Underachieving Wrestler Mr. Kennedy

Best Tag Team: I'm gonna go with Cade & Murdoch

Worst Tag Team: The Highlanders or Deuce & Domino.

Best Heel: Edge, easily.

Best Face: CM Punk

Best Diva: Mickie James, followed by the Glamazon.

Worst Diva: Cherry doesn't appeal to me at all, and I love roller skates, so...

Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena from the U.K.

Worst Match of the Year: That Layla/Kelly match from a few weeks ago. Ugh...

Quote of the Year: "I'm Jerry 'Stupid' Lawler. I'm from Memphis. I like puppies!" - Santino Marella

Best Comeback: Chris Jericho, easily. Some people may hate on it, but not me.

Mark out moment of the year: The moment that Jericho clotheslined Randy Orton's torchbearer.

Funniest moment of the year: The long-awaited return of Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz.

Best brand: RAW

Worst brand: "ECW"

Best PPV: WrestleMania 23

Worst PPV: I really didn't see any other shows, so I'll take a bye on this one.

Best Feud: Michaels vs. Cena

Worst Feud: Punk vs. Morrison, through no fault of their own. Good work, annoying booking.

Worst Moment of the Year: June 25, 2007. 9 PM, EST

Wrestler of the year: Jeff Hardy - The MAN in WWE right now. Tons of energy, and will willingly destroy his body to put a match/worker over. I know anytime that he comes out, I'm most likely about to see a show-stealer.

Worst wrestler of the year: Snitsky - Slower than Khali, and can't even do a decent Big Boot. 90% of his offense is clubbing forearms.

Most Improved Wrestler: Jeff Hardy - Again, who has improved as much as him since his previous run with the company? He has become a completely different wrestler than he was in 2003 when WWE let him go. If he can keep from fucking up this time around, he will be a world champion someday.

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Mr. Kennedy - "Hey, let's have him beat Undertaker for the World Title. Oh, his shoulder's injured? Let Edge do it." & "Let's give him a fairly large rub and have him be Vince's bastard son. Oh, he's caught up in some steroids distribution angle? Let's suspend him, and give it to.......Hornswaggle".

Best Tag Team: Cade and Murdoch - I enjoy the hell out of watching these guys. Cade is a really good wrestler who works fairly stiff, and if agile for his size, and Murdoch isn't afraid to take a bump on his head, and is a pretty decent mat wrester.

Honorable Mention - Londrick

Worst Tag Team: Holly and Rhodes - I was going to give the nod to Cryme Tyme, but I'll give it to the other guys instead. They show no unity, and you don't even get the "student / mentor" vibe from them.

Best Heel: Santino! His switch from generic babyface to dick heel has been epic. His promos are the stuff of legend.

Best Face: Jeff Hardy - John Cena is adored by women and children, and gets monster entrance pops. However, you don't see the majority of a crowd turning on Jeff Hardy throughout the course of a match, once his limitations come out, and he starts getting exposed. Hardy has more of an ability to keep a crowd on his side.

Best Diva: This is kind of hard because I rarely pay attention to the women's division, but I'll give credit on overall ring skill to Melina.

Honorable Mention - Michelle McCool

Worst Diva: I'll go with Torrie Wilson who has done NOTHING of note since 2003.

Match of the Year: Triple H vs Randy Orton: Last Man Standing - Orton and HHH took each other to their limits, and in the end, Orton got a decisive win (or as good as one can get with no-dq rules).

Honorable Mention - Batista vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania - I believe it was the Observer that said once Batista got backstage after the match, he looked at one of the road agents and said, "Let's see anyone try to top that". Indeed.

Worst Match of the Year: The Rosie vs Donald Trump embarrassment from RAW prior to Wrestlemania. It's not often that I become flat-out ashamed to be watching RAW, but this was one of those times.

Quote of the Year: Nearly anything that Santino says is worthy of this.

Best Comeback: HHH - The guy has been having some really good matches since his return.

Mark out moment of the year: RVD returns for one night only, and beats Santino in less than a minute.

Funniest moment of the year: Santino dressed like Steve Austin, on the Titantron, ranting about Steve Austin using phrases like "Cold stone" and "Can of the Ass Whip".

Worst brand: ECW

Best PPV: Wrestlemania 23

Worst PPV: One Night Stand 2007

Best Feud: Undertaker vs Batista - A feud that generates classic match after classic match.

Honorable Mention - MVP vs Matt Hardy - This has been fun just with the backstage segments, and fairly short tag title run.

Worst Feud: Lashley vs Vince McMahon

Worst Moment of the Year: Vince's "Death"......nuff said

*Edit* I would like to add a category here:

Most Annoying Thing the Announcers Repeatedly Say - JR repeating about 27 times in every diva match that "Beth Phoenix calls herself The Glamazon, and says shes the perfect combination of strength and beauty". I know they're just trying to get the gimmick over, but it doesn't make it any less annoying when it's repeated over and over. Then as if JR hasn't hammered it home enough, Beth will grab a mic after the match and say it again.

Wrestler of the year: John Cena

Worst wrestler of the year: Khali. He couldn't even sell Hogan's punches

Most Improved Wrestler: Santino. He was generic wrestler #28 and turned into the most entertaining person on Raw.

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Ken Kennedy

Best Tag Team: Cade & Murdoch

Worst Tag Team: Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly.

Best Heel: Edge and Orton

Best Face: Jeff Hardy

Best Diva: Maria

Worst Diva: Torrie Wilson

Match of the Year: Not necessarily the best match of the year but my favourite was Cena vs Umaga at the Royal Rumble

Worst Match of the Year: Anything involving Khali

Best Comeback: Can't think of anything good

Mark out moment of the year: Dibiase buying the battle royal last week

Funniest moment of the year: Umaga/Khali/Shane promo

Best brand: Raw. It's the only show I consistently watch

Worst brand: ECW. Hardly anything has entertained me.

Best PPV:Wrestlemania because I was there.

Worst PPV: Not sure.

Best Feud: Matt Hardy vs MVP

Worst Feud: Bobby Lashley vs Mr. McMahon

Worst Moment of the Year: Benoit's death and the media sensationalism that followed.

Wrestler of the year: Are we talking from a pure ability standpoint, or overall value to the company? For ability, I'd go with Jeff Hardy, but for value I'd go with John Cena.

Worst wrestler of the Year: Khali.

Most Improved Wrestler: Jeff has had his head together in this run, for the most part, and it's showed in the ring. I don't think that counts as improvement of his actual ability, but it counts for his improvement in his application.

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kennedy. His performance in the tag match last month with Shawn was comical on many levels. Just completely underwhelming in all areas.

Best Tag Team: None stand out.

Worst Tag Team: BDV and Mark Henry.

Best Heel: Edge. The best heel in the company, and should be the heel to build the company around.

Best Face: John Cena.

Best Diva: Beth Phoenix.

Worst Diva: Kelly Kelly. Can she even act like she's breathing?.

Match of the Year: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton from Backlash. A fantastic match with the best finish of the year.

Worst Match of the Year: Anything with Khali.

Quote of the Year: Nothing stands out.

Best Comeback: Nothing stands out.

Mark out moment of the year: Ted DiBiase buys the victory in the battle royal.

Funniest moment of the year: Mae Young jumping Vince McMahon's bones. Mae Young is my guilty pleasure.

Best brand: Raw.

Worst brand: ECW.

Best PPV: Wrestlemania.

Worst PPV: NYR.

Best Feud: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels. When WWE want to book a compelling feud, they can do it very well.

Worst Feud: Bobby Lashely vs. Vince McMahon.

Worst Moment of the Year: The Vince McMahon death angle. Not the angle itself, but how they treated it like the numerous real deaths that have taken place.

Wrestler of the year: HBK or Cena

Worst wrestler of the Year: Snitsky

Most Improved Wrestler: Jeff Hardy

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Mr. Kennedy

Best Tag Team: Cade and Murdoch (Matt and MVP was my favorite tag team, but I don't think they were the best.)

Worst Tag Team: Douche and Domino

Best Heel: Edge

Best Face: John Cena

Best Diva: Mickie or Beth

Worst Diva: Candice or Ashley

Match of the Year: Cena vs Umaga, Last Man Standing

Worst Match of the Year: I can't imagine anything being worse than BDV vs Kane vs Khali vs Henry, but I didn't see it so I'll have to go with any of Snitsky's squashes.

Quote of the Year: "I should change tonight's main event to Roe vs Wade, because that was an ABORTION!" -William Regal

Best Comeback: Triple H, I guess.

Mark out moment of the year: RVD coming back for Raw XV, or HBK using the Crossface against Orton.

Funniest moment of the year: WWE Idol.

Best brand: Raw. (recently)

Worst brand: Raw. (earlier in the year)

Best PPV: None stand out to me.

Worst PPV: Vengeance

Best Feud: Matt vs MVP

Worst Feud: Lashley vs McMahon (You old bathturd!)

Worst Moment of the Year: Probably Cena beating HBK at Wrestlemania; I hated that ending. But I know WWE has done worse shit this year.

Worst Moment of the Year: Having to read horrible Benoit jokes that mock not only his death, but his family's murder. I have a sense of humor, but it's about as funny as people thinking it'd be funny to say I told you so when Steve Irwin got killed by an animal.

Yeah, jokes are a lot worse than brutally murdering a woman and child.

I'm surprised some are voting Candice as "Worst Diva." Especially over others like Torrie or Kelly Kelly.

Hell, she's a candidate for "Most Improved."

I'm surprised some are voting Candice as "Worst Diva." Especially over others like Torrie or Kelly Kelly.

Hell, she's a candidate for "Most Improved."

She's annoying as hell and her music is one of the worst I've ever heard. I actually like Kelly Kelly, but just because she's really hot.

Wrestler of the year: Jeff Hardy

Worst wrestler of the year: Mark Henry

Most Improved Wrestler: The Miz. He's now actually watchable.

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Well, since everybody else is saying Kennedy... eh, he's the only choice. Kennedy.

Best Tag Team: Cade and Murdoch

Worst Tag Team: Super Crazy and Jim Duggan

Best Face: Matt Hardy

Best Diva: Maria

Worst Diva: The third Extreme Expose girl. I forget her name.

Match of the Year: Anything other than Cena/Michaels. How about the Backlash four-way? That'll do.

Worst Match of the Year: 'Rosie' vs. 'Donald'.

Quote of the Year: "I am in lots of pain" - Santino Marella, WWE's The Dating Game

Best Comeback: HHH

Mark out moment of the year: I can't even think. Every time The Iron Sheik showed up.

Funniest moment of the year: Santino's Stunner sell.

Best brand: ECW (second half of year)

Worst brand: ECW (first half of year)

Best PPV: Haven't seen enough to say.

Worst PPV: Haven't seen enough to say.

Best Feud: MVP/Matt Hardy

Worst Feud: Hornswoggle vs. The Coach

Worst Moment of the Year: STFU. Wrestlemania. Enough said.

Worst Moment of the Year: Having to read horrible Benoit jokes that mock not only his death, but his family's murder. I have a sense of humor, but it's about as funny as people thinking it'd be funny to say I told you so when Steve Irwin got killed by an animal.

Yeah, jokes are a lot worse than brutally murdering a woman and child.

Yeah, I just hope you guys realize I wasn't trying to make a joke at the end of my review. I was actually very, very bummed by the news of what happened. My sincerest hope is that some good will come of it, for the business as a whole, in the wake of the tragedy. Obviously, nothing will make things alright for any of the families involved.

Reason I posted that quote about the jokes at the end of mine was it seemed like four or five posts in a row were all Benoit jokes, and I see why people mock Benoit for it because it was a horrible thing for him to do, and he acted like a piece of shit to do such things. I just think that when you make light of it, you are in a way mocking the fact that a mother and her child were brutally murdered. I'm not trying to be the politically correct police, I was just posting my opinion on the jokes. Not my forums to moderate, and I'm not perfect either. I think by now most people know I'm just here to talk about wrestling and entertainment, not argue.

Wrestler of the year: John Cena or Jeff Hardy. Cena has been the face of the company and has been doing a damn good jobm but as of late, Jeff Hardy is just on fire. It's a close call

Worst wrestler of the year: I'm going to go with Big Daddy V or Snitsky...just because they were complete jobbers before they were "unstoppable machines" which is why no one cares about them. Khali is terrible in the ring, but he's over as an unstoppable giant, so being over in itself counts for something.

Most Improved Wrestler: Although he hasn't changed a lot, Jeff Hardy has improved tremendously in terms of getting the crowd into his matches.

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kennedy, for the sheer fact that he's been given numerous big opportunities, only to fuck it up.

Best Tag Team: I know it's only been one week, but Carlito and Santino

Worst Tag Team: Just about the rest of the tag teams. However, it doesn't help when they totally neglect the tag team division.

Best Heel: Edge. Even if he was out for months, he's still the #1 heel of the company.

Best Face: Like with wrestler of the year, it's a close one with John Cena and Jeff Hardy.

Best Diva: Candice Michelle or Jillian Hall. Candice's ring work has increased significantly while Jillian has played a pretty good annoying heel.

Worst Diva: To be honest, I don't find Beth Phoenix to be anything special. She's boring.

Match of the Year: Cena vs Umaga at the Royal Rumble.

Worst Match of the Year: Jeff Hardy vs Khali. This is the only bad match Jeff has had and it's not his fault at all. It just looked so bad...

Quote of the Year: "DAMN!"

Best Comeback: Jericho. There's no question.

Mark out moment of the year: When The Rock showed up on the titantron hyping the Battle of the Billionares.

Funniest moment of the year: Santino's heel antics.

Best brand: Raw....what can I say? It's true. Raw is the #1 brand and it's obvious that's how its percieved.

Worst brand: ECW....I still don't give a shit about it.

Best PPV: Haven't seen enough to say.

Worst PPV: Haven't seen enough to say.

Best Feud: Cena vs The internet. I've been a Cena fan from day 1, and I just couldn't see why people keep thinking he sucks when he puts on great matches and gets the crowd into them more than anyone I've seen in a long time. Not to mention, he's a class act outside of the ring. Definitely the type of guy who you want to be the face of the company. Cenas done more than his fair share for the WWE and it's fans. Give the guy credit where credit is due.

Worst Feud: At first I liked Batista vs Taker...but now it's just getting tired. One guy doesn't talk, and the other guy cut's a worse promo than Sid. It's hard to get behind a feud that's supposed to be between two of the huge stars when there's no promos behind it.

Worst Moment of the Year:

Best Feud: Cena vs The internet. I've been a Cena fan from day 1, and I just couldn't see why people keep thinking he sucks when he puts on great matches and gets the crowd into them more than anyone I've seen in a long time. Not to mention, he's a class act outside of the ring. Definitely the type of guy who you want to be the face of the company. Cenas done more than his fair share for the WWE and it's fans. Give the guy credit where credit is due.

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way about Cena. I have no doubt that he will have just as much impact when he comes back.

Im just going on my own bias for this;

Wrestler of the year: Edge, Injured or not he was my favorite all year round

Worst wrestler of the year: The Great Khali, A year later and he still hasn't gotten any better, I'm sure this trend will continue.

Most Improved Wrestler: MVP, He was great last year but I think this has been nothing short of amazing.

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Carltio, Do I really need to explain this?

Best Tag Team: Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch, I like Londrick alot more, but what have they done in comparrison to Cade & Murdoch?

Worst Tag Team: The Major Brothers, Up until Armageddon they had done nothing all year but bore the hell out of me.

Best Heel: Edge, Orton is a close second but Edge was good all year (despite the injury) and Orton didnt hit his stride until the Cena fued.

Best Face: The Undertaker, John Cena and Shawn Michaels were close but Taker just couldnt be beat.

Best Diva: Beth Phoenix, Although only around for half the year she didnt need much more then that to take top spot.

Worst Diva: Ashley, Im still happy she hasnt come back yet.

Match of the Year: Triple H vs. Randy Orton (Last Man Standing), I didnt think a whole lot stood out this year.

Worst Match of the Year: Any Batista vs. Khali match, The only one that was ok was the one with Mysterio.

Quote of the Year: "I want competition" The Great Khali, If for no other reason then me and my friends couldnt stop laughing after we figured out what he was trying to say.

Best Comeback: William Regal, sure he wasnt gone per say but his return to Raw has been fantastic, plus Jericho came back to late to say him.

Mark out moment of the year: Jericho returning, Taker winning the Rumble is a close second.

Funniest moment of the year: Every time Santino got on the mic.

Best brand: Raw

Best PPV: No Mercy, Just because it went from peice of crap filler PPV to doing a great job shaking things up after Cenas got hurt at the last minute.

Worst PPV: Unforgiven, Just bad all around, even ended up with Batista as champ again afterwards, bla.

Best Feud: MVP vs. Matt Hardy, nothing else can even come close can it?

Worst Feud: Batista vs. The Great Khali, gave us some of the worst matches of the year.

Worst Moment of the Year: Cena retains at Wrestlemania.

Guest Kesh

Wrestler of the year: tie, Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy

Worst wrestler of the year: Khali

Most Improved Wrestler: MVP

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Carlito

Best Tag Team: The Hardys

Worst Tag Team: The Highlanders

Best Heel: Orton

Best Diva: Beth Phoenix

Worst Diva: Cherry

Match of the Year: Cena vs Umaga, Last Man Standing from the Rumble

Worst Match of the Year: layla vs Kelly

Quote of the Year: anytime Booker called Lawler "Jerome"

Best Comeback: Rey Mysterio

Mark out moment of the year: Jeff Hardy desire package on Raw

Funniest moment of the year: Santinos selling of the stunner

Best PPV: Backlash

Worst PPV: Unforgiven

Best Feud: Batista vs Taker, MVP-Hardy was good too though

Worst Feud: Batista vs Khali, not really big daves fault though

Wrestler of the year: Batista, EVERY WORLD TITLE MATCH ON PPV and improved dramatically

Worst wrestler of the year: Carlito, Like Cena said, "What has he done?"

Most Improved Wrestler: MVP, Have you seen him? He's MONEY!!!

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Mr. Kennedy, He just lost it...

Best Tag Team: MVP & Matt Hardy, FUN FUN FUN

Worst Tag Team: WGTT, THEY DID NOTHING!!!

Best Heel: MVP, Randy Gets Pop, and Edge lately is bleh...

Best Face: CM Punk, Sleeper and Yet No Injuries or suspensions.. deserves it

Best Diva: Candice Michelle, Beauty and Brawn!

Worst Diva: Victoria, Dissappointing

Match of the Year: Edge vs Undertaker vs Batista (Armageddon), Uniqueness deserves it

Worst Match of the Year: Melina vs Candice (One Night Stand), Pudding....

Quote of the Year: Batista, "BASKETBALLS DONT HOLD GRUDGES!!!"

Best Comeback: JBL!!!

Mark out moment of the year: Stupid Mark Term... Well...HBK puts the Crossface on Orton at Survivor Series

Funniest moment of the year: HHH and the Family Reunion

Best brand: Smackdown, Solid all year even with Khali

Worst brand: Raw, Picked up the pace in the end but the first half was GRUELING to sit through

Best PPV: Armageddon, Super Solid

Worst PPV: One Night Stand, BOOOOORRRRIIINNNG!!

Best Feud: Undertaker vs Batista, EPIC!!!

Worst Feud: John Cena vs The Great Khali, SNOOOZE!!!

Worst Moment of the Year: KFED pins John Cena

Guest Macaroni

I'm surprised there isn't a "Best New Wrestler" or "Rookie of the Year" category.

Who would everyone vote for in that category? I'm tempted to say Santino...did Elijah Burke debut in 2006 or 2007?

Wrestler of the year: As far past his prime as he may be, Shawn Michaels consistantly delivers

Worst wrestler of the year: Big Daddy V

Most Improved Wrestler: Batista

Most Underachieving Wrestler CM Punk. Sure he's the champion of the brand no one watches, but his matches have been consistently disappointing all year long.

Best Tag Team: N/A There hasn't been enough tag team wrestling that mattered this year for me to really choose any one team over any other

Worst Tag Team: N/A

Best Heel: Randy Orton

Best Face: John Cena

Best Diva: Don't care

Worst Diva: Don't care

Match of the Year: Cena vs Michaels at Wrestlemania

Worst Match of the Year: Kane vs Khali on Smackdown back in April

Quote of the Year: None stick out in my mind

Best Comeback: Triple H

Mark out moment of the year: The Battle Royal at the RAW 15th anniversary

Funniest moment of the year: The McMahon segment at the beginning of that same RAW

Best brand: RAW is the only one I watch on a regular basis so it wins by default

Best PPV: No Mercy

Worst PPV: One Night Stand

Best Feud: Cena vs Orton

Worst Feud: Kane vs Khali

Worst Moment of the Year: Benoit offing his entire family and then himself

I'm surprised there isn't a "Best New Wrestler" or "Rookie of the Year" category.

Who would everyone vote for in that category? I'm tempted to say Santino...did Elijah Burke debut in 2006 or 2007?

Santino is fantastic on the stick, but his in ring work has a long way to go. Elijah Burke has been around for a while, didn't he start out last year with Sylvester Terkay?

Santino is fantastic on the stick, but his in ring work has a long way to go. Elijah Burke has been around for a while, didn't he start out last year with Sylvester Terkay?

Was that really just last year? It feels like Burke has been around since 05.

Wrestler of the year:

Worst wrestler of the year: I know alot of people are going to say The Great Khali, but I personal think he does fine what he's out there to do (stand and look big'n'ugly), however, one guy who bores the shit out of me is Carlito. It might be a but much to call him the 'worst' wrestler of the year, but for me he is.

Most Improved Wrestler: I was going to mention either Batista or John Cena, but I think its just my perception of them that's changed - or perhaps the people they've worked with this year. The one person who comes to mind though is CANDICE MICHELLE!

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kennedy... Kennedy. What a waster.

Best Tag Team:

Worst Tag Team:

Best Heel: A few to choose from - Edge, MVP, Umaga, but I'm going to go with FINLAY, the guy can draw heat from a dead crowd so easily. Santino gets a mention too

Best Diva: Kelly Kelly

Worst Diva: Melina

Match of the Year: Undertaker v Batista (Wrestlemania)

Worst Match of the Year: Rosie v Donald... wtf

Quote of the Year: Any Santino Marella quote.

Best Comeback: Jeff Hardy's return was cemented this year, what a great turn around from burnout drugged up Ex-WWE guy lounging in TNA to a true WWE Superstar, if not #1 face in the Company.

Mark out moment of the year: I can't actually think of any, though I did mark out for Gillberg's Entrance on Raw the other night.

Funniest moment of the year: Santino Marella

Best brand: Raw

Worst brand: ECW - though, really, they're all interchangeable depending on when you watch them.

Best PPV: Wrestlemania

Worst PPV: Cyber Sunday - like having Cyber Sex with someone, only for them to announce they're actually a 55 year old bloke, then proceeds to send you photos of his grey pubes and shrinking penis.

Best Feud:

Worst Feud: The Coach and Hornswoggle

Worst Moment of the Year: Hornswoggle and Carlito doing that Loony Toon shit.

Here's a good one, what predictions do people have for 2008?

Triple H will injure himself again, this time for good, and will be forced into retirement

John Cena will come back, half the size he was prior to his injury, but will be more popular then ever, and will win the belt from Triple H and go on to hold it for the rest of the year

Bobby Lashley will return, also half the size he was prior, and will get a huge push as the biggest heel on Smackdown

Under pressure for steroid use WWE will stop pushing obvious juicers like Batista and Snitsky, while guys like Finlay, Rey Mysterio, The Hardys, MVP, and Carlito will all get significant pushes in the main event.

Carlito will finally get a serious heel push, and will main event against Cena and / or Triple H

Umaga will get released and / or repackaged with a returning Rosey

Khali will finally vanish for good after jobbing to Jeff Hardy

CM Punk will continue to flounder and will never reach his full potential before getting his release before the end of the year

WWE will see many new faces as undercard talent begin to make a mass exodus from TNA. At least 50% of the ECW roster will be comprised of former TNA wrestlers by July.

We will finally see WWE bring in Macho Man for an appearence or storyline

Ken Kennedy will continue to be lackluster, but will get a long run with the Intercontinental Title.

Wrestlers whose stock will rise in 2008: Jeff Hardy, MVP, Carlito, Santino Marella

Wrestlers whose stock will drop in 2008: Batista, CM Punk, Ken Kennedy, Edge

How is CM Punk floundering? He's essentially the face of ECW which draws good enough ratings for Sci-Fi and he's a popular merch attraction for the company. He's quite liked by the company and they made a big effort to put him over on the CNN story and because of his lifestyle, he will be a very important chest puffing show of action from Vince McMahon.

Why would Mysterio get a push when they are trying to punish steroid users? Mysterio's been one of the most frequent and OBVIOUS users in the company and was named in the raid. Do I even have to mention Jeff's long rap sheet with drug abuse?

2007 is almost over and it's been a surreal year in Pro Wrestling to say the least.

Time to pick....

Wrestler of the year: Cena

Worst wrestler of the year: Khali

Most Improved Wrestler: Tie Candice Michelle/MVP

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kennedy, sad to say

Best Tag Team: Deuce and Domino (what can I say Im a mark for that gimmick, even if no one likes them, besides this year no tag teams stood out really)

Worst Tag Team: Big Daddy V and Mark Henry (nuff said)

Best Face: CM Punk (the crowd loves him always)

Best Diva: Candice

Honorable Mention: Anonymous Brooke :D just cuz I feel bad for her

Worst Diva: tie Michelle McCool (as Rd Reynolds said, "Instead of Lovin Life, Michelle Needs to be lovin a sandwhich"

Match of the Year: Backlash 4 way, or MITB

Worst Match of the Year: Kristal vs Jillian from a smackdown house show I went to, as for as for tv matches, you cant top Kelly Kelly vs Layla (I mean kelly couldnt even do a springboard elbow correctly)

Quote of the Year: "I'll see ya at home, uh I mean your brother's a gnome" HHH with his wink wink stuff towards steph at the 15 anni of RAW Mick Foleys coment to Santino on wwe idol (about the only thing worse then that is watching you wrestle), "

Let me tell you about they, they're a creepy bunch"-John Cena answering to Todd Grisham who wonders if Cena has heard what "they" have been saying about his match with orton, the RAW where Cena got injured.

Best Comeback: Do I even have to answer this? Take a wild guess

Mark out moment of the year: tie: the code is broken, Evander Holyfield shows up at the raw taping I was at at msg, Dibiase buys the battle royal

Funniest moment of the year: Ron Simmons on The Dating Game, with many rhymes of damn, Cole and Jbl dress up as Hall and Oates for WWE Idol, King Booker Calling Lawler "Jerome"

Best brand:Smackdown

Worst brand: ECW (there only so many times I could watch ECW originals vs New breed, or later on, CM punk vs Morrison, Miz vs Balls)

Best PPV: Backlash

Worst PPV: Tie Great American Bash/Cyber Sunday

Best Feud: Melina vs Anonymous Brookes furry boots....but seriously- Cena vs Orton, it was intense, personal, and produced some good matches.

Worst Feud: HHH vs King Booker

Worst Moment of the Year:Jericho transitions from feuding with WWE champ, to retired announcer, a month after his well-hyped return , 10 bell salute to Vince

How is CM Punk floundering? He's essentially the face of ECW which draws good enough ratings for Sci-Fi and he's a popular merch attraction for the company. He's quite liked by the company and they made a big effort to put him over on the CNN story and because of his lifestyle, he will be a very important chest puffing show of action from Vince McMahon.

Why would Mysterio get a push when they are trying to punish steroid users? Mysterio's been one of the most frequent and OBVIOUS users in the company and was named in the raid. Do I even have to mention Jeff's long rap sheet with drug abuse?

Punk has mediocre matches against mediocre opponents on a mediocre show that no one watches. WWE didn't strike while the iron was hot with him, and now it's too late. He may have been king of the Indy's, but Big Daddy V swallowed his heat in the black hole that is his stomach. He needs to get off ECW, immediately, if he wants any hope for success.

Mysterio will get a push because he sells merchandise, and he's going to be a focal part for WWE's expansion into Latin America. Jeff Hardy will be touted as an Eddy Gurrero-esque success story. A guy who successfully battled his demons, and made it to the top.

One of the more baffling things with Punk - though I imagine this could be blamed more on the booking of the shows - but apparently the matches I've never seen on a free TV show that airs in Canada 12am Friday with John Morrison have been great, but the matches I actually paid to see on PPV with the same opponent have been average at best.

Punk has mediocre matches against mediocre opponents on a mediocre show that no one watches. WWE didn't strike while the iron was hot with him, and now it's too late. He may have been king of the Indy's, but Big Daddy V swallowed his heat in the black hole that is his stomach. He needs to get off ECW, immediately, if he wants any hope for success.

Mysterio will get a push because he sells merchandise, and he's going to be a focal part for WWE's expansion into Latin America. Jeff Hardy will be touted as an Eddy Gurrero-esque success story. A guy who successfully battled his demons, and made it to the top.

You touted Rey's push on the merit of punishing steroid users. If you want to claim Mysterio will get his usual push for the usual reasons, that's perfectly within reason.

Eddie Guerrero was still abusing drugs at the time of his death, that's hardly a success story. Jeff's getting a push because he's over with the crowd and Cena's on the shelf. To give Hardy that type of push wouldn't be prudent, since it'd be directly compared to Eddie.

ECW is still Sci-Fi's highest rated program and Punk is over. "Hope for success", you act as if he's Shannon Moore. The booking of the Morrison feud was horrific but the title change was very solid with one of the biggest pops of the year.