TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL PLAYOFFS! Divisional Demolition

Why is almost everyone counting the Chargers for dead? They still have a very good defense and odds are very high that Gates, Rivers and LT will be fine in time for next week game. And with the addition of Chris Chambers, they now have a deep threat receiver that they didn't have the first time through.

So why is nearly everyone already saying they are toast? They have won eight straight game for christ sake.

Because ESPN will now call this Chargers team a "threat" to the Patriots dynasty. Thus, dooming them to an outcome worse than their Super Bowl appearance.

What a fucking game!

I'll admit I thought it was dumb when they fired Marty. I thought it was beyond idiotic when they replaced him with Norv F'n Turner and I laughed my ass off when started 1-3. But I was wrong. AJ Smith is totally vindicated here because there is no way a Marty-coached team would have won that game. None.

Truly great to see Peyton choking in the playoffs again. All is right in the world.

Why is almost everyone counting the Chargers for dead? They still have a very good defense and odds are very high that Gates, Rivers and LT will be fine in time for next week game. And with the addition of Chris Chambers, they now have a deep threat receiver that they didn't have the first time through.

So why is nearly everyone already saying they are toast? They have won eight straight game for christ sake.

How are the odds "very high" that those guys will be fine by next week when LT and Rivers couldn't finish this game? If they weren't really hurting they would have been in there. I don't know that 6 days of rest gets them close enough to 100% to make this a close game.

Plus, David Gerrard played nearly a perfect game against New England and they still lost by 11. The Chargers have a better front seven, but their secondary will get chewed up. Plus, the resurgence of Maroney will give the Pats another weapon.

8 games, Renee!!! 8 8 8!!!!

They're playing a team that has won 17 straight games, for Christ's sake.

If we look at playoff trends for this game, Dallas loses.

Each round has had a home team beaten...

Jax over Pitt. NYG over TB.

Now we've got SD over Indy..

Did I see Shannon Sharpe declare that Chargers didn't deserve the win? How does that work?

I'm guessing cause an Indy face mask penalty kept the Chargers game winning drive alive. Other than that, I'd say Shannon had money on the Colts.

I realize that but dude, Chargers got a buttload of questionable calls go against them as well. They were initially playing the Colts and the refs until the refs decided to settle down and call a fairer game. The win was more than well deserved IMO.

I realize that but dude, Chargers got a buttload of questionable calls go against them as well. They were initially playing the Colts and the refs until the refs decided to settle down and call a fairer game. The win was more than well deserved IMO.

Don't look at me man, I think Shannon is completely fucking nuts.

Did I see Shannon Sharpe declare that Chargers didn't deserve the win? How does that work?

I thought he said Colts but I could be wrong.

The Chargers seem to have a good secondary with Florence, Cromartie, and Jammer with Weddle coming on now, but it's tough for any D to matchup with the weapons the Pats can roll out there.

Guest Warriorfan

I feel bad for Dungy but when your team can't beat a backup runningback and Quarterback you don't deserve to win.

I'll take solace in the Giants victory later on this evening. I'll make it 34-24 Giants!

Guest Warriorfan
In that case that makes a bit more sense, but still. That's a dumb thing to say, you didn't deserve to win because you lost. Simple as that.

How can losing ever be that simple when bad officiating obviously has an impact on the game?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I don't like or care about these two teams. I'd like to see Tony Romo fumble a snap, though.

In that case that makes a bit more sense, but still. That's a dumb thing to say, you didn't deserve to win because you lost. Simple as that.

How can losing ever be that simple when bad officiating obviously has an impact on the game?

You put yourself in a position where one or two ref calls against you give a team playing a second-string QB and second, third and fourth-string HBs a very good chance to defeat you.

That said, holy christ somebody figure out how to draft HBs like the Chargers. Turner, Sproles and Naanee all made crucial plays with His Rushing Holiness on the sidelines.

That said, holy christ somebody figure out how to draft HBs like the Chargers. Turner, Sproles and Naanee all made crucial plays with His Rushing Holiness on the sidelines.

Legedu Naanee is a rookie WR/TE from Boise State, not HB.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I'd like to get into a fistfight with Joe Buck.

Dude.

I'm admittedly surly, but listen to that fucker. Maybe I'll go beat my wife or kick the cat or something.

I'd like to get into a fistfight with Joe Buck.

Dude.

I'm admittedly surly, but listen to that fucker. Maybe I'll go beat my wife or kick the cat or something.

The guy ruins big games in not one but two sports I love

Fucker has to go