TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL PLAYOFFS! Divisional Demolition

Guest Warriorfan

It will be great to see Eli finally get vindication by taking The Giants to the Superbowl. This is perfect, we get to take down two of the most hated teams in Giants history. Nothing can top watching the Packers and The Golden Boy getting knocked out of the playoffs in the "frozen tundra".

Right down to the very end, Buck and Aikman were ballwashing Romo and the Cowboys and it was damn insufferable by the last possession where Buck said "Here's where Romo shines." They were begging for it. Oops, interception, game over, season over. Again.

And Aikman busted out the classic "Romo knows how to play QB, he knows how to win." It sure as hell doesn't seem like he does to me.

They did win 13 games this season. Romo's playoff record is 0-2 at this point, which is where Eli was before this season, although Romo's two postseason losses have at least been respectable contests. The guy knows how to play quarterback and he wins a lot. Let's not get carried away here.

They did win 13 games this season. Romo's playoff record is 0-2 at this point, which is where Eli was before this season, although Romo's two postseason losses have at least been respectable contests. The guy knows how to play quarterback and he wins a lot. Let's not get carried away here.

True, but they did also become the first # 1 seed in the NFC to lose in the 12 team playoff system. I think that's a touch more important than a great regular season and a one and done in the playoffs. As far as the margin of defeat goes, that's irrelevant.

T.O. has "always had his QB's backs" ?

Umm if I remember correctly, he was on playoff teams in San Francisco yet Jeff Garcia was "gay"

He was on a superbowl team in Philly but Donovan McNabb got "tired" in the superbowl and they would have won it all had "Favre been throwing the ball to us"

Yet now, when Romo seals the deal with an INT to end the game suddenly "Owens has his back"

Whatever.

My thoughts on the game itself. Well it is hard to really judge the Cowboys performance right now.

Either the Cowboys were flat because of the time off, or D-coordinators have learned how to gameplan for them better.

Not that I didn't give the Giants a chance today, but I thought their secondary was severely outmanned going into the game, and I am amazed at how well they did in coverage against a team that has more then enough weapons to take on a secondary at full strength. Getting pressure on Romo in the second half of the game really made a big difference. I figured if the Giants were going to win, it was going to be a higher scoring game with the Dallas secondary failing to hold a 4th quarter lead.

I should have had the nerve to flat out pick the Giants in that game, but I said Dallas 35-31 or something like that. The hilarity is that the entire 2nd half I kept ranting to my brother stuff like "Romo is due for his one really bad, game killer INT any time now." But he didn't throw it. In fact Dallas mostly dropped the ball. So it came down to the final drive and I thought "Okay, this is the last chance...Romo HAS to throw that horrible INT. But who do the Giants have to intercept him right now?" My brother replied "R.W. McQuarters?"

About 2 minutes later Romo throws that goal line INT to McQuarters.

I'm an Eagles fan, so I never really won in yesterday's game. But I hate Dallas a ton more than the Giants, and I hate the Giants really really fucking bad. I was rooting for them the whole game. I loved the TO shit after the game. Yeah, it's unfair for other people to bash Romo, but hey, let TO himself rag on Garcia and McNabb for no good reason.

Guy has grown up? Right...