TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NFL Offseason Thread

This was discussed on a previous page. I am not a member of any NFL front office, nor can I so much as manage a mock draft, but what I would do is sign a veteran QB on the cheap to back up Aaron Rodgers and then draft a guy with some upside on the 2nd day. The guys they have behind Rodgers now were fine when you knew that there was no way they were ever going to get on the field. But only having one layer of separation between Craig Nall and your starting QB spot is bad news.

Did I miss something? How is Javon Walker a bad news signing now?

It's not necessarily the player, but the contract. Walker is overmatched as a no.1 receiver and he's getting $16 million guaranteed. By comparison, that's more than Randy Moss got. The Raiders are just throwing money at marginal players with no plan to speak of.

I don't know, I think Walker is better than Bernard Berrian, and Berrian got that same 16 million guaranteed. It seems that's the going rate for a #1 WR now, Moss just (stupidly) took less money to be in New England.

Did I miss something? How is Javon Walker a bad news signing now?

It's not necessarily the player, but the contract. Walker is overmatched as a no.1 receiver and he's getting $16 million guaranteed. By comparison, that's more than Randy Moss got. The Raiders are just throwing money at marginal players with no plan to speak of.

Not just $16M guaranteed, but $16M guaranteed for a guy w/ a bum knee.

Maybe the Packers will end up with Culpepper. He has to go somewhere, right?

I wonder about that. He's basically a statue at this point. I just don't see him lasting in the league much longer.

Guest Beastalentier

Bernard Berrian makes more money than Randy Moss. Hm. So when does the league investigate Matt Walsh and the Patriots? After the draft, right?

Joey Harrington was cut today. Joey Heisman on the Frozen Tundra? Do you believe in miracles!?

Who was the last QB to go from Atlanta to Green Bay? I'm drawing a blank.

Was it... Jeff George?

Guest Vitamin X

Nope, believe it. Favre was the last guy to go directly to the Packers from the Falcons. His backups have been pretty stable over the years. Doug Pederson and Craig Nall were his backups forEVER. There was also Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, Tim Couch, and Akili Smith all there at one point, until Rodgers was drafted then he was the backup with various guys at 3rd string.

Also Ken O Brien, Ronnie McCada, Jim McMahon, Kyle Wacholtz, TJ Rubley, David Klinger, JT O Sullivan, Danny Wurreful, Steve Bono, Kurt Warner, and Ty Detmer

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I didn't include Hasselbeck because everyone knows that, so I was trying to think of more obscure ones, but Brody finished it off for me. Heh, I almost completely forgot about O'Sullivan- the guy we traded our starting cornerback for. Just look at the guy's face-

6103.jpg

What a douche.

Guest Beastalentier
How CAN you forget Hasselback? The only one of Favre's backup to actually do something with his career.

BECK

HasselBECK

not Hasselback

not Hassleback

not Huckleberry

HASSELBECK

Guest Vitamin X

Hasselbech is another one I see often as well. Stop Germanizing things, people.

Guest Vitamin X

And the circle is complete. God, fucking Mark Brunell? The guy can't even throw past 30 yards!

Guest Beastalentier

F363997.jpg

Lovie Smith has added growing facial hair to his list of ill-advised decisions. He looks like some homeless guy hanging out by Water Tower Place yelling at people into a megaphone about how the federal government is preventing Jesus Christ from bringing his spaceship into our atmosphere, or, crazier yet, that Rex is our quarterback.