TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
edgehead69

The TNA Exodus Starts...

According to Pwheadlines.com,

Steve Gerweck is reporting that TNA mainstay “Wildcat” Chris Harris, a member of the multiple time tag team champions America’s Most Wanted, has signed with World Wrestling Entertainment.

According to Gerweck, Chris Harris’ contract with TNA expired last week, and despite TNA wanting him to stay, Harris agreed to terms with WWE.

Hot Damn! Who's Next?

I did check the Gerweck site and this was on there, but let's see it confirmed by Meltzer, PWInsider, etc. That said, if this is true I like the signing. I've always thought Harris had something, kind of a cross between Bret Hart and Edge in his look. The only problem he has is a lack of charisma.

You can't teach charisma.

Where does Harris go - Raw, SD, ECW? I can't believe he would go to developmentals. However he can't be treated like a star in any way because that would be giving props to TNA. He'll definitely have a name change because "Chris" is already taken, and they don't want wwe fans searching "Chris Harris" on the internet and finding TNA sites.

Just debut him in the Royal Rumble?

I believe he did (Have Charisma) back in his AMW days, he is better off as a heel though, however his other half, James Storm is infact charasmatic...

Also, popup insider is reporting that Harris is under TNA contract for another week so nothing is official with the wwe. Furthermore I remember that Harris and Storm successfully used wwe interest to re-sign with TNA was a sizeable raise last time their contracts were up. This could just be the same ploy all over again...

Also, popup insider is reporting that Harris is under TNA contract for another week so nothing is official with the wwe. Furthermore I remember that Harris and Storm successfully used wwe interest to re-sign with TNA was a sizeable raise last time their contracts were up. This could just be the same ploy all over again...

Perhaps... But I Hope Not... And Besides, What Is Chris Harris Doing In TNA Lately?

Perhaps... But I Hope Not... And Besides, What Is Chris Harris Doing In TNA Lately?

He was bitching about how TNA sucked, but Joe stole his gimmick after Turning Point.

He was bitching about how TNA sucked, but Joe stole his gimmick after Turning Point.

Damn.. Good Eye, I didnt think of it like that...

Word now is his contract with TNA isn't up for another week and he can't sign with WWE until then.

I mean, if it were so that he could work with WWE already, he could work next week AND be in the taping for TNA

Since when did one guy potentially jumping ship qualify as an exodus?

Well its a start I mean, look at Low Ki, he may leave to...

This would be more relevant if it was prominent people in TNA who are currently involved in big storylines who are jumping to the WWE.

Instead, it's the disgruntled folks who are unhappy at not being used or whatever.

I'm sure Harris will have as much success as Marcus Cor Von.

This would be more relevant if it was prominent people in TNA who are currently involved in big storylines who are jumping to the WWE.

Instead, it's the disgruntled folks who are unhappy at not being used or whatever.

I'm sure Harris will have as much success as Marcus Cor Von.

Cor Von was about to be pushed, a family tragedy made him leave the WHOLE wrestling business, not just WWE.

I say Harris is a pretty prominent figure in TNA, they basically build the company around Jarrett, AMW, and AJ. He's also been a part of the best tag match in TNA's history (and the match that put TNA on the map, when they faced Triple X in the cage). He was one half of the best match in TNA's history, with Storm. He also ws in the worse match in TNA's history with Storm. The jump to WWE doesn't really mean much to WWE, maybe not TNA either. But the fact that they've lost 3 guys who the had a big hand in giving TNA a Identity in the beginning, and was a intrical part in all 3 divisions in the company, really should tell TNA something.

So, WWE signed TNA's Marty Janetty? Seriously, he'll probably end up in OVW until he can "learn to work." He seem like a good enough tag team wrestler, match him up with someone down there and bring up them up.

Update from gerweck.net

Apparently "Wildcat" Chris Harris has yet to officially sign his WWE contract, but has agreed to contractual terms. The deal between Harris and WWE, negotiated by his agent, is completed. TNA is downplaying the signing, and spinning it as if he was a crybaby and an attitude problem, and that they don’t care he is leaving the promotion. TNA had apparently not realized his contract lapsed or simply thought WWE would not want him. WWE has been fielding overtures from TNA talent (or their representatives), so it wouldn’t be surprising to see other TNA departures for Stamford, CT.

I mean cmon... Harris has credibelity to his name and he is an all around nice pice of talent... They should just give him the Intercontinental Title or something... But If Vince Gives Him a A LITERAL WILDCAT GIMMICK.... Ill eat all your hat's....

But I storngly doubt it... He'll make a name of himself

Chris Harris' debut could show how popular TNA actually is.

Could they debut him as "Wildcat" Chris Harris, one half of TNA's most successful tag team ever, and have WWE fans even care/know who he is?

For the fans, it's all about how the WWE announcers make their perception of him. All they have to say is that he's Chris Harris, he's a very talented tag team wrestler and he's getting his big shot in the WWE. If they give him some promo time, he gets some charisma and gives a good effort in his matches he'll be fine.

I know that a lot of the WWE audience isn't smarky, but I'm sure a number of the google new guys when they debut and find out that they had prior careers.

A TNA exodus? really?

1. I'm not surprised Harris left, nothing was going on with him.

2. Ron Killings has been unhappy with TNA for a long time, so it's not really a surprised that Killings has been offered something else.

A TNA exodus sounds horrible. If it's not the Murder/Motor City Machine Guns, Christian coming back, AJ Styles, or maybe even Tomko, I couldn't care less. Harris isn't horrible but really, he's nothing special either. I don't like Killings much either. I guess it could be worse though, it could be Angle coming back or like Robert Roode or something.

The whole Harris thing reeks storyline sell. I doubt WWE even has interest.

I was thinking that same thing.

If you've seen the way some of the guys they've signed lately look...Harris really isn't surprising.

I think edgehead69 titled it the TNA exodus starts.. because there have been rumors many guys want out and may bolt for WWE

I think edgehead69 titled it the TNA exodus starts.. because there have been rumors many guys want out and may bolt for WWE

WWE's roster is full as it is

When can we expect the mass fir..errr....best wishes in future endeavors to hit?

The whole Harris thing reeks storyline sell. I doubt WWE even has interest.

I've been following TNA for a very long time, and I can't think of any instance when they put a wrestler's departure on the website. That, coupled with the wording of it, which is WWE's signature departure phrase, makes it seem like a total work.