TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFC Championship: Packers vs. Giants

I would have preferred the fresh matchup, but this looks like it could be the better game. It's Boston vs. New York (even though they play in New Jersey) yet again!

And the Pats play in Foxboro, 40 minutes or so outside of Boston. FOXBORO V. DIRTY JERZ, WOOOOO!

Guest Warriorfan
We are still going to Arizona. This will help twist the knife even deeper into the Packers fans.

!@## YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! It feels good baby!

Next is the biggest upset in the history of sports. Its been awhile since the Canyon Of Heroes had a parade.

This marks the second time in three years (and only the third time ever) that a team has won three road games to reach the SB

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I can't explain how delicious this is to me right now.

Nothing has gone my way this season until now.

The Packers, in Lambeau. THE FROZEN TUNDRA, in overtime, in arguably the best season of legend veteran QB Favre's career, in the kind of situation that makes him a legend, fucking CHOKES in the highest order and gives a lousy placekicker the win and a trip to the Superbowl.

that's an overstatement

It is, but let me have my moment.

10 straight road wins. Unbelievable.

I'm being serious here, do you think the media will get on Favre for that horrible pick in OT? My guess is that they'll look over it saying "he was trying to make a play" and then follow with the whole gunslinger thing.

As if New York and Boston needed this matchup...

No worse fans in sports in terms of assholism

I don't think many will disagree with you there.

Patriots vs. Giants. Worst Super Bowl ever (opinion, I don't care about any justification).

Oooo it's going to be any worse than Redskins vrs Broncos, or Cowboys vrs Bills 2 or 49'ers vrs Chargers?

(opinion, I don't care about any justification)

Kick ass. Good game, better team won damnit! And yes NY vs Bos again, I don't care where anyone plays.

I smell another upset.

I'm being serious here, do you think the media will get on Favre for that horrible pick in OT? My guess is that they'll look over it saying "he was trying to make a play" and then follow with the whole gunslinger thing.

Cue "It was the receiver's fault" in 3......2......1....

Hey, while we're here - am I the only Giants fan who thinks we should trade Shockey and go with Kevin Boss as the primary TE?

He deserves some blame for tryna do too much...

But Leaving Al Harris Man to Man on Plaxico after he was getting torched the whole game was the biggest mistake

I'd have to say the last time the Giants were the Super Bowl would be the worst ever in my opinion. At least with some of the other blowouts there was some historical significance to the games.

*sigh*

QFT

ESPN's going to be unwatchable for the next 2 weeks.

Like it wouldn't have been if the Pats were playing the Cowboys or Packers?

Gunslinger. It has already started.

The Packers have enough blame to go around for the whole team actually. Hawk for missing the late tackle, Harris for getting torched, McCarthy for abandoning the run, the defensive coordinator for not getting someone over to HELP Harris after the fifth torching and of course Farve for just not looking and hurling the ball all over the field.

Giants could have won this game in a rout the Pack looked so damn confused.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

snuffy, I want you to keep an ear to the ground for any dead animal or child rape in the next 48 hours, if you're not already sodomizing your neighbor's cat.

I don't think many will disagree with you there.

I mean...

If you want the Giants to win just to see them beat the Pats...

Their fans will never shut up about it..

If the Pats win..well...

They were so much better back in 02 when they were the underdogs

*sigh*

QFT

I don't think there's a single media outlet that is watchable during the seemingly endless pre-Super Bowl coverage. If your favorite team isn't in it, all of it is to be avoided.

I just want to clarify that New York Yankees fans are assholes. The rest of our teams aren't successful enough to have asshole fans.

*sigh*

QFT

Have you seen ESPN's coverage of the red sox/yankees......

In April.....

Guest Warriorfan
Hey, while we're here - am I the only Giants fan who thinks we should trade Shockey and go with Kevin Boss as the primary TE?

Shockey and Eli were starting to click this year so they should keep him. I expect that the emergence of Boss will motivate him.

Did I mention Favre would turn to gunslinger and give us the game? :headbang: YESSSSSSSSSSS

*sigh*

QFT

Oh I know that the Patriots alone would've made ESPN horrible. And as I stated above, at least it wasn't the Cowboys. It's just the whole "NY/Boston sports rivalry" angle is going to get beaten into the ground, complete with footage of probably every Yankee/Red Sox matchup of the past 10 years as an example of "how big a rivalry it is" when 95% of the rest of the country (I'll say New England as a region will side with ESPN) doesn't give a shit about it. I get tired of it the week before the Sox and Yankees play a 3 game series in the middle of April, it's going to be 100X worse for the Super Bowl.

The Packers have enough blame to go around for the whole team actually. Hawk for missing the late tackle, Harris for getting torched, McCarthy for abandoning the run, the defensive coordinator for not getting someone over to HELP Harris after the fifth torching and of course Farve for just not looking and hurling the ball all over the field.

Don't forget Nick Collins for drawing a roughing the passer penalty on Eli Manning when they had him stopped on third down on the game changing drive. Oh and the oaf who tried to pick up that fumble in the last two minutes instead of just falling on it and regaining possession.

I just want to clarify that New York Yankees fans are assholes. The rest of our teams aren't successful enough to have asshole fans.

What about Jets fans? They have one of the crummiest franchises in AFC history and are some of the most obnoxious fans in the NFL.