TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Raw 1/14/08

I'm debating whether or not the pop Jeff would get if he won would be bigger than Foley's on 1/4/99

That still wasn't the biggest pop I've ever heard though....Watch The Backlash where Austin came out to help Rock win the title from HHH....or Cena being drafted to Raw....those are probably the biggest pop's ever.

I'm debating whether or not the pop Jeff would get if he won would be bigger than Foley's on 1/4/99

nope

Jeff got this big push the last 3 weeks

Mankind got screwed week after week making it a surprise

nope

Jeff got this big push the last 3 weeks

Mankind got screwed week after week making it a surprise

But, sadly Austin's pop when he ran out to lead to the finish of Foley's win was actually louder than the win itself. I've seen that match a good dozen times at least, and that little moment always saddens me.

I would say the loudest pop I ever heard was probably the end of WM20.

Maybe it's because I've seen Jeff do that crazy stunt before (either in TLC matches or the Monster's Ball in TNA) but I wasn't as in awe of it. If anything I wondered why the idiot refs/officials didn't drag Orton out of there in the 5 minutes it took Jeff to climb, haha.

And frankly I sure as hell don't want Hardy getting a lame ass transition run. It just shows lack of faith in him as a main event guy. I'd have him get screwed over at the Rumble, then he can win a MITB or #1 contender deal at WM, then he wins the belt later. I'm feeling a bullshit DQ at the Rumble, since I don't see them jobbing both Rey and Jeff on the same PPV.

Make Hardy-Orton the main event at Royal Rumble. Batista/Taker winning the rumble can't match the overness Jeff will have.

If they build Rey/Edge even half as well as Hardy/Orton...they might get $50 from me. 2 potentially great title matches and the Rumble itself.

Sadly Rey/Edge has "we couldnt do Edge/Batista again and Edge/Taker is for WM and theres no one else left to face Edge, so lets throw Rey in there against him for a month before we go back to Taker/Edge"..its a breath of fresh air in the SD ME scene not having Batista involved but you know its just a short term thing. And even though we know the inevitable truth that Hardy, even if he wins at the RR wont have it come WM, its still an exciting thought that he could get a short title run.

Oh, and if they dont give Hardy the belt, it wont probably happen cause Lashley is due back and Cena will be back as well and those two guys along with HHH/HBK will take up the face ME Picture on RAW. Id almost say move Hardy to SD but then they'd fall back on "THE HARDYS" and end the singles push for either of them so...

To be honest Rey just has no heat left to main event. We've been there, done that, and it sucked really bad. Rey is a glorified Bob Holly this year at the Rumble, just a token JTTS type challenger there for filler.

One thing....what is this Batista shit about him going to Raw to face Orton? What is this based on? We obviously know that HHH has to win the EC match by birthright or something and I think UT wins the Rumble. I don't want some convoluted crap to justify a 3 way at WM. Batista will just have to dick around with Lashley or someone.

that's crazy. the one time i choose to not watch RAW....

i'm assuming that orton moved. no way he took that swanton the way he was laying right?

I didn't think the Swanton spot was all that great, if only because Orton barely fell farther down than he would have if he just got back dropped on the stage. There's no reason he should have laid there for that long, totally motionless, after being dropped from not even 10 feet. I wish Hardy had gone up one level higher, but he was still high enough to make it kinda cool.

I thought it was a good show. Jeff Hardy is really coming into his own, though he's using his death-defying spots to do it. I don't know if that bodes well for his main event longevity. Then again he's had the kids and the female crowd behind him, the highspots are probably just getting the adult men. I don't have any beef with the final spot - for Orton laying there so long after a basic backdrop - we didn't see him land, maybe he spiked down on the top of his head for all we know. The bigger question would be why in the hell did they have the box sitting at the side of the ramp? I was thinking it was crap when Hardy climped to the first light standard, thinking MEH I'd jump off that high, but when he went up higher I sat up and took notice. I wondered why they didn't fade to black at that moment or shortly after, instead wasted 3-4 minutes getting them stretchered out - until of course Hardy raises his hand to give the Matt Hardy's V1 hand gesture.

Hunter vs Snitsky went longer than it should have - that match time should have been given to Regal and Flair. The destroying of the titantron bit was wrestlecrap embarassing though. Obviously they were setting up for a new set next week for WWEHD, however if there wasn't the Orton/Hardy spot at the end, I think Hunter running up the ramp and chucking the hammer though the big TT would have been a better "destruction" and would have mimicked the iconic commercial.

Snitsky sucks. I think more than anything it's his over-the-top teeth that really bugs the hell out of me. He should have been Fake Kane back in the day though.

Womens match was all over the place. Ashley looks to have a ton of ring rust on her. As ridiculous as it sounds, it seems they are setting up Candace Michelle for the big challenger for Beth Phoenix.

Did HBK screw up his mic work on purpose in order to make the pre-taped Kennedy segment look stupid as hell? HBK challenges Kennedy to come out this week and Trevor Murdoch is sent out without any clarification. Then post match Kennedy accepts HBK's challenge for next week. I dunno it seemed really off. I liked the HBK/Murdoch match though, I think Murdoch could be a player in the company - he just needs to get away from Raw. I liked the match finish as well, Murdoch ducks out of the SCM only to be locked in a new sub finisher. Did HBK hint at soing for the sharpshooter for a brief second or did he just forget how he needed to lace the legs?

JBL's promo segment was effective enough, but it didn't need all the balloons and pyro - that was overkill. I guess that's his gimmick though. I thought at one point Jericho would rise up from under the balloons.

Mini-RR was silly, but fun. Hornswoggle can't really work worth shit. I wonder why he was hired out of all of the choices. Mini-Kennedy and Mini-Kane were fun, Batista and Mankind - not so much. How many times are we going to see Finlay lay into Khali with the shillelagh?

So what is Finlay and McMahon's deal? I'm guessing it has somethign to do with the paternity of Hornswoggle. Maybe we could get a real McMahon bastard sooner than later. Did Kennedy Kennedy pass the HBK test?

Given how short Flair vs Regal was, I would have just as soon left it off the card. The angle seems to be getting over well enough. I would have just had him fight on SD! this week, and had MVP help him win, because he wasnted to be the one who retired him sorta deal.

Hardy really has to win at the Royal Rumble. They should have both guys go into the match banged up, and have it be "Who will kill who dead first?" They can have Hardy win with some sort of shenanigans, and have Orton win it back in a couple weeks, or at No Way Out.

are there people that actually find ashley attractive? because she is quite hidious honestly. and sickly looking...

ripper - saying "fuck you" to capital letters since 2:55 est.

are there people that actually find ashley attractive? because she is quite hidious honestly. and sickly looking...

ripper - saying "fuck you" to capital letters since 2:55 est.

I think Ashley looks really good, although she could stand to gain 10 pounds. But hey, I have a thing for punk/scene girls. I'd still put Maria, Melina, Lena Yada, Kelly, Layla, Mickie, Candice, and Beth ahead of her.

I like punk girls too. But she looks like a meth addict.

But hey, you answered my question. I guess there is a audience for her.

I don't see Hardy getting the title, even short-term, because it's going to wind up around Hunter's waist and he's big on protecting titles that he's set to win. If Hardy isn't going to get the title, then fine. But now is not the time to beat him, and they can afford not to and have a non-finish in the Hardy-Orton match because the Rumble is probably going to end the show.

I would rather they do some lame double DQ or draw at the Rumble and keep Jeff fairly hot without jobbing him. Cause Orton losing at the Rumble only to regain at No Way Out is just goofy booking. When Jeff does win the title it ought to be a longer term run.

I just can't imagine a time where Jeff Hardy would ever get an extended run w/ the WWE/World Championship. That said, I really hope he at least gets a short run w/ the WWE Title given that he probably should have been given a transitional run in 2002.

Corpse was saying in a chat that it might have been a good idea to save Jeff's big spot for the Rumble itself leading to a no contest, because people be happy enough with the spot. I see what he's saying, but doing it on TV created some buzz, and buzz can equal buys.