TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Raw 1/14/08

When Raw travels south to Mobile, Ala., this week, Jeff Hardy will have family on his mind. Last week, Hardy proved that his Royal Rumble challenger, Randy Orton, may have gotten under his skin when he assaulted his brother, Matt, but he didn’t get inside his head. The “Rainbow-haired Warrior” defeated Umaga in a Steel Cage Match as the WWE Champion looked on. What other dirty tricks does Orton have up his sleeve for his opponent? What will Hardy do to get back at the man who went after his brother?

In other action, Triple H brutalized William Regal last week in a First Blood Match for helping to put him out of the Royal Rumble. Unfortunately for the Raw General Manager, The Game appears to be on a mission and may not be finished getting even with him just yet. Just how much more punishment can a frustrated Triple H dole out?

The rivalry between Chris Jericho and JBL also continued to gather steam last week when the Lonestar Loudmouth interfered in their Handicap Match as Jericho tangled with Snitsky. JBL ruthlessly attacked Y2J by dragging him on the floor with a TV cable. Has JBL’s loathing for Jericho blinded him with rage? Just how will Y2J exact his revenge?

Yea but JR is going to give you the full Beth Phoenix schtick every time he's commentating: "Beth Phoenix, who calls herself "The Glamazon", says she's the perfect....combination of strength AND beauty". That gets extremely annoying, especially when he does it more than once in a single Beth phoenix match. Rainbow-Haired Warrior is pretty bad too, but not THAT bad.

I wonder if someone in WWE is trying to get that nickname to stick ("Rainbow Haired Warrior") in an attempt to subtly bury Jeff Hardy somehow (and no, I'm not saying Triple H is that person). I mean, it's such an obviously bad idea it has to be some kind of joke or something. It's saying a lot when a nickname TNA comes up with for someone, "The Charismatic Enigma", is so much better than WWE's version.

I don't see why people get annoyed with "The Glamazon" nickname for Beth Phoenix...it's a little contrived, but it fits her character and the way she's being pushed. Oh, and I don't care what anyone says, I like her entrance music, too.

I hate the way it sounds when I say it out loud (which I try not to do often).

I don't think I say too much about wrestling out loud...you guys on these boards are the only people I know that watch wrestling.

The rivalry between Chris Jericho and JBL also continued to gather steam last week when the Lonestar Loudmouth interfered in their Handicap Match as Jericho tangled with Snitsky.

How can you interfer in your own handicap match?

Flair vs Regal has been announced for tonight.

That could be interesting. Too bad it's going to be full of Vince McMahon "I'm pissed off...I want you to destroy this guy...why did you fail me?" BS.

Yea but JR is going to give you the full Beth Phoenix schtick every time he's commentating: "Beth Phoenix, who calls herself "The Glamazon", says she's the perfect....combination of strength AND beauty". That gets extremely annoying, especially when he does it more than once in a single Beth phoenix match. Rainbow-Haired Warrior is pretty bad too, but not THAT bad.

You're right on about the JR thing, although I'm sure even he gets sick of saying it.

Charismatic Enigma is way better than Rainbow haired warrior.

They both scream rampant homsexuality...but Rainbow haired warrior is at least 22% more queer.

You know what's worse. Kids are writing "The Rainbow Haired Warrior" on signs.

I thought it was pretty awesome yet cheesy when JR would call Austin the Bionic Redneck.

I also hated when he called The Undertaker "Booger Red" when he was a heel.

P.S. --- Is it always that JR ONLY refers to Phoenix as "The Glamizon" or is it just tonight? I don't think he called her by her actual name at all.