TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw is HD - January 21, 2008

I like the subtle touch of Hardy doing the V1 sign now. Nice touch in this.

I still haven't seen him doing the V1 sign...(someone said he did it last week when his arm was raised)

It looks to me like he's doing the usual one from when the Hardyz first started.. Just with his fist not closed.

So, according to JR, Triple-H and Hogan are the only two people to hold the WWE Championship and the Intercontinental Championship.

No Ultimate Warrior? And when the fuck did Hogan win the IC?

Guest korndogg123

Anyone notice when Hardy came out that JR flubbed up and called Hogan one of the only two men to hold the WWE and Intercontinental championships at the same time?

Edit: Ok, you beat me to it. JR messed up and said Hogan instead of Warrior

So, according to JR, Triple-H and Hogan are the only two people to hold the WWE Championship and the Intercontinental Championship.

No Ultimate Warrior? And when the fuck did Hogan win the IC?

At least he got someone from the same period. That's good for JR.

But it's only for HD people. And I am betting 90% of USA is in stretch-ooooo-vision.

actually all their movies and stuff like Law and Order is in HD. Anything not shown in HD is shown at 4:3 unlike TBS-HD which is stretchedddddddddddddddd

http://i25.tinypic.com/t5tbba.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2ag6ue9.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/a3gnxs.jpg

But it's only for HD people. And I am betting 90% of USA is in stretch-ooooo-vision.

Mole, Im shocked youd say 90% of USA HD is stretched. NBC Universal doesnt stretch anything on any of their HD channels including Universal HD, USA HD, Sci Fi HD, CNBC HD, NBC HD or Bravo HD.

Well I only get Universal HD and of course they don't stretch anything, they are there JUST for HD. There is no SD Universal.

I also get NBCHD, but that doesn't count.

Ha, damn, I'd like some more channels there. I get 45 of them, but only two are in the NBC family. Oh well, they are free.

Watching Raw tonight I noticed something amusing. Ever notice that when a champion is someone who really sucks or that the crowd doesn't buy, they always try and say "He could be the greatest WWE champion of all time!?" They kept saying this about Orton tonight and it's utterly laughable given how lame his title run has been. To review:

--Won the belt, immediately lost to HHH, but got it back at the end of the PPV after HHH had wrestled 3 times.

--Got DQed vs. HBK by hitting him in the balls. Then won a rematch only because Shawn wasn't allowed to actually use his finisher.

--Lost by DQ AGAIN, this time to a rusty Jericho when an announcer from another show did a run in for no very good reason.

--Has been getting his ass kicked on a weekly basis by Jeff Hardy.

So how does any of this equal Orton being an all time champion?

Anyway watching Raw was frustrating tonight since it was obviously in HD but I couldn't see it in HD, and thus at times parts of the ring seemed cut off like a pan and scan. Hopefully SD will be more enjoyable and I'll get to revel in the new UT and Kane entrances.

Watching Raw tonight I noticed something amusing. Ever notice that when a champion is someone who really sucks or that the crowd doesn't buy, they always try and say "He could be the greatest WWE champion of all time!?" They kept saying this about Orton tonight and it's utterly laughable given how lame his title run has been. To review:

--Won the belt, immediately lost to HHH, but got it back at the end of the PPV after HHH had wrestled 3 times.

--Got DQed vs. HBK by hitting him in the balls. Then won a rematch only because Shawn wasn't allowed to actually use his finisher.

--Lost by DQ AGAIN, this time to a rusty Jericho when an announcer from another show did a run in for no very good reason.

--Has been getting his ass kicked on a weekly basis by Jeff Hardy.

So how does any of this equal Orton being an all time champion?

Anyway watching Raw was frustrating tonight since it was obviously in HD but I couldn't see it in HD, and thus at times parts of the ring seemed cut off like a pan and scan. Hopefully SD will be more enjoyable and I'll get to revel in the new UT and Kane entrances.

the main camera was moved in further so that the widescreen HD cam captured the same amount of ring in the view as the old 4:3 cameras did, which means that the SD viewers get less ring on their screen. and since the wrestling isnt really protected for 4:3, Im sure there were a couple times where someone was doing something that was either partially or even completely off screen.

and, Orton as champ beats HHH or Cena as champ so I'll take it and be happy for another 2 months.

the only BIG jump I've seen tonight is the wide shots when the action isn't on the hard camera (you could see the producer that sits ringside run over to JR and point something out on a sheet) and you can see a lot more of the crowd

The guy wearing the Giants jersey in the crowd was the best entertainment in the last segment

I was going to the show if it didn't sell out right after I found out it was near me.

Smackdown/ECW will be at the UVA campus tomorrow so I might go there.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ceqamx.jpg