TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: 3/1/08 - 3/16/08

Once the brackets come out Diamond, maybe put a seperate page up for this. I mean, I'd like to join but I'm not going to until after the brackets or until tomorrow, really... and I just think this might get lost in the shuffle.

Good idea. I didn't know if I should do a different thread or not, but I'll put up one later this evening or in the morning.

It's not over yet but it is looking like Georgia will be stealing a bid. I'm guessing Villanova or Oregon will be the odd team out.

You're right, it's not over. Georgia might just let those bubble teams breathe for another 30 minutes.

Edit: Just as I said that, Georgia goes ahead and likely slams the door on some very angry bubble team.

Guest Beastalentier

I'm gonna pencil in Wisconsin for a Final Four spot, most likely.

And once again a conference tournament eliminates any reason to even bother playing the regular season. Georgia has no business being in the national tournament.

Guest Beastalentier

You may have noticed that CBS has been running a lot of TGI Friday's spots. Well, just one spot. I want to punch that Guy Fieri guy in the face SO FUCKING HARD UGH FUCK JUST FLATTEN HIS NOSE

Good call. How is it that a guy whose entire premise on his tv show is centered around unique garbage diners and hidden small town gems allow himself to pitch for some assembly line restaurant?

Once the brackets come out Diamond, maybe put a seperate page up for this. I mean, I'd like to join but I'm not going to until after the brackets or until tomorrow, really... and I just think this might get lost in the shuffle.

Good idea. I didn't know if I should do a different thread or not, but I'll put up one later this evening or in the morning.

Someone else is already doing it.

Good call. How is it that a guy whose entire premise on his tv show is centered around unique garbage diners and hidden small town gems allow himself to pitch for some assembly line restaurant?

Can that guy even cook? Say what you want about Emeril or Rachel Ray but they're decent chefs. I've never seen this Fierri guy cook anything. Just amble around diners in suburban New Jersey talking about how the corned beef hash is "money".

If the teams they just showed are the only teams on camera, then they don't have anyone who won't make the tournament. At least put a camera in Arizona State's room or Virginia Tech's or something.

I love ESPN's coverage of sitting their watching CBS and then announcing the bids the second after CBS does it.

That Guy is annoying as fuck. About as bad as Johnny Cougar. That Diners etc show has steered me to some good places, at least.

Wisconsin seems like a much more mature team than last year's show-up-and-win version. I wonder how much the early season drubbing by Duke had to do with this. I'm going to put them in the Elite Eight, at least, and it's not entirely school spirit.

East region:

1/16: UNC vs. play-in (Coppin State vs. Mount St. Mary's)

8/9: Indiana vs. Arkansas

5/12: Notre Dame vs. George Mason

4/13: Washington State vs. Winthrop

2/15: Tennessee vs. American

7/10: Butler vs. South Alabama

3/14: Louisville vs. Boise State

6/11: Oklahoma vs. St. Joseph's

Easy road to the regional final for UNC, but the Elite 8 game will be difficult. Tennessee/Louisville should be epic. Boo to mid-major on mid-major violence.

First two bubble teams in are South Alabama and St. Joseph's. Interesting that South Alabama gets to stay in state for their first round game.

Wazzu got a higher seed than expected. And really surprising that Tennessee ends up in North Carolina's bracket so I would assume the committee views the Vols as the weakest #2 seed.

Guest Beastalentier

Is that a really high seed for Vanderbilt? And hey, Villanova got in after all.

Midwest region:

1/16: Kansas vs. Portland St.

8/9: UNLV vs. Kent State

5/12: Clemson vs. Villanova

4/13: Vanderbilt vs. Siena

2/15: Georgetown vs. UMBC

7/10: Gonzaga vs. Davidson

3/14: Wisconsin vs. Cal St. Fullerton

6/11: USC vs. Kansas State

I like Kansas to come out of this region, a lot.

Seriously, enough with the mid-majors playing each other. Two more matchups. I suspect Billy Packer had a hand in this.

OJ Mayo vs. Michael Beasley should be fun. That has upset potential.

Villanova? Are you fucking kidding me?

What's with the committee rewarding 10 seeds? First South Alabama gets to play in Birmingham and now Davidson gets to play in Raleigh.

Villanova in is bad news for the Pac-10 bubble teams.

NCAA always tries to say they don't purposely set up appealing first round matches but they just happened to pair up two big name freshmen players in the first round?

How the FUCK is Tennesee the last #2 seed???? Kansas gets our #1 by beating their FIRST top 25 team all season. We have the most stacked resume in the damn thing and we're the LAST #2??? I want the committee chair on my screen explaining this right now. What the fuck.

Oregon in and with room to spare. Very surprising.

Texas gets to play in Houston if they get to the Sweet 16.

FUCK! Stanford on the same side of the bracket as Texas. Just fucking great. Oh well Sweet 16 was all I was hoping for anyways.

South region:

1/16: Memphis vs. Texas-Arlington

8/9: Mississippi St. vs. Oregon

5/12: Michigan St. vs. Temple

4/13: Pittsburgh vs. Oral Roberts

2/15: Texas vs. Austin Peay

7/10: Miami vs. Saint Mary's

3/14: Stanford vs. Cornell

6/11: Marquette vs. Kentucky

Memphis has a hard road to the Final Four, and I don't think they make it. I think Texas beats them.

Now Oregon is in. I think a team everyone figured would be in is going to be mighty disappointed.