TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: 3/1/08 - 3/16/08

If Ole Miss would have beat Georgia, maybe, but I would raise hell like it was nobody's business if I was Georgia, you can't just award an auto bid once you started the conference tourney. Its funny I thought "how the hell could they PPD due to weather?". My question was immediately answered once I saw the highlights.

Logistics can be done, its the fact that a team would have to play twice in one day is the problem.

Nah, fuck that. The bracket flat out has to be announced on Sunday. The SEC final is likely going to just be Tennessee vs. either UK or Miss St. anyway so it's not like it will matter in terms of final seeding.

It would really be better to just have UK/UGA play twice and if it's UK I doubt the committee would hold a Miss St. loss the same day against them.

There's no way they will delay the selections as that gives one less day for school's fan bases to plan where to travel. Also the pointless play in game is on Tuesday so that gives little time for those two schools to prepare if they do not know who they are playing until Monday night.

If I am UK I dont know if I want my players playing twice in one day. And if I am Georgia, I sure as hell don't want my only chance to get in the NCAA tournament hinging on winning two games in the same day and then having to play another game on Sunday.

I love hearing Gottlieb battle for the A-10, good stuff.

Guest Beastalentier

One thing is for certain, I'm rooting for an SEC team to win the tournament so that they can rebuild the Georgia Dome through The Healing Power Of Sports©.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Illinois beat Purdue, I highly suggest when the brackets come out Sunday to pick Purdue as a first round upset

Ugh. Fucking horrible. Did the red-faced dopes of Illini Nation throw any batteries or ice cubes at Purdue players' parents, or chant "fuck you"? Will they be able to match this showing in next year's tournament, when they add the first ever convicted felon in Big Ten basketball history to their roster?

no idea, what I was getting at is that the Big Ten has to be the most fraudulent Bullshit conference in college basketball ever, we could be talking a subpar team in Minnesota or and even more subpar Illinois getting an automatic bid here, which would more then likely take a bid away from a worthy team like VCU or Illinois State

Are you serious??!?!?!?

1. North Carolina (52) 29-2 1,776

2. Memphis (13) 30-1 1,693

3. UCLA (5) 28-3 1,646

4. Tennessee (2) 28-3 1,626

5. Kansas 28-3 1,517

6. Texas 26-5 1,360

7. Duke 26-4 1,316

8. Wisconsin 26-4 1,309

9. Georgetown 25-4 1,300

10. Xavier 26-5 1,043

11. Stanford 24-6 1,036

12. Butler 28-3 976

13. Louisville 24-7 959

14. Notre Dame 24-6 802

15. Connecticut 24-7 767

16. Drake 28-4 672

17. Purdue 24-7 646

18. Vanderbilt 25-6 565

19. Michigan State 24-7 497

20. Gonzaga 25-6 474

21. Washington State 23-7 375

22. Indiana 25-6 357

23. Davidson 25-6 181

24. Brigham Young 25-6 154

25. Marquette 22-8 128

Yeah... Total bullshit.... :rolleyes:

New SEC tournament schedule, all times EDT:

Satiurday

12 p.m. Kentucky vs. Georgia - quarterfinal

6 p.m. Tennesse vs. Arkansas - semifinal

~ 8:30 p.m. Mississippi State vs. Ky/Ga winner - semifinal

Sunday

3 p.m. Championship game

All games moved to Georgia Tech's Alexander Memorial Coliseum, attendance will be limited to players' families and other credentialed personnel.

ESPN: Storm forces SEC tournament move, unusual twinbill

Yeah, but they had no choice. It looks like the NCAA flat out told them to play the final when it's scheduled or no automatic bid for the SEC. Giving the bid to Tennessee for the regular season title wasn't an option.

I'm sure Kentucky would rather the tournament have been canceled, so they didn't have a chance to fuck up against Georgia and slip back onto the bubble, but what can you do.

I'm an Iowa fan, but I'm rooting for Tubby Smith and Minnesota now in the Big Ten tourney. I bet the folks in Lexington now might be regretting letting him go especially if Kentucky is relegated to the No Interest Tournament or that other tourney now they've set up that no one will care about. That game last night with Indiana was un-fucking-believable.

Could the SEC have played the remaining games in the Phillips Arena or are the Hawks using it again this weekend, I know the Hawks played there last night.

Could the SEC have played the remaining games in the Phillips Arena or are the Hawks using it again this weekend, I know the Hawks played there last night.

Unavailable, the arena was already booked for a music concert tonight.

I'm an Iowa fan, but I'm rooting for Tubby Smith and Minnesota now in the Big Ten tourney. I bet the folks in Lexington now might be regretting letting him go especially if Kentucky is relegated to the No Interest Tournament or that other tourney now they've set up that no one will care about. That game last night with Indiana was un-fucking-believable.

I don't want to get Cabbage on you but Kentucky fans aren't concerned about how Tubby does with a Big Ten school. Tubby wasn't let go anyways, he left Kentucky. One down year is a difficult thing for that fanatic (I dont mean that with a smile) fanbase but the long term is still better for all parties involved with Tubby out of Lexington. Minnesota isn't in a better posistion tonight then Kentucky is.

Guest Beastalentier

I'm so glad that the Big Ten Tournament is available on CBS. If this were exclusive to the Big Ten Network, I don't know what I'd do. We're very lucky that we're getting quality Big Ten basketball for free. I almost feel like a pirate.

Hansbrough with the miracle game winner!

Player of the year.

"Miracle", really? There was nothing sports-miracle about that play or game at all.

Miracle is a bit of an over-reach but he came from the other side of the paint on a play where he was designed to be the decoy and hit a long range jumper - which isn't his shot - to win the game with 0.8 seconds left.

Guest Beastalentier

Hey, that game was actually pretty good. Right down to the wire. Wisconsin is gonna kill Minnesota or Illinois, though.

Eh, bear in mind I am a U of L fan moreso than UK. I do follow UK and watch their games though. I don't see how they can keep UK out though, not at 12-4 in the conf. Keep in mind Stanford was like 18-12 and 67 in RPI last year and they got in. Besides, can you really leave UK out given the bizarre circumstances of this game?