TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Williams

Whats the first pay per view you saw live?

First PPV ordered was Wrestlemania VI(the first PPV of many)

First and only live PPV attended was Wrestlemania XIV. My buddy's dad got us tickets for Christmas that year.

Guest TheFabulousJakey

First ordered live: Summer Slam '99, which was a big deal because we lived in Minnesota and Jesse Ventura was involved. Unfortunately, our cable box had problems so we had to watch it at our grandparents' house, and they had friends over that kept waiting for Jesse to show up, and that was a particularly raunchy show for old people (Debra's puppies, the Kiss My Ass match, Ivory trying to strip Tori).

Haven't been to a live PPV yet, which is a shame since I worked to work two blocks from Madison Square Garden.

Guest korndogg123

First one live on PPV: Wrestlemania VII

First and only one in person: Survivor Series 2004

This year's Unforgiven is coming here, so I might want to go to that.

First PPV ordered: WrestleMania 14

First PPV I attended: Royal Rumble '98

PPV I didn't attend and really regret: No Way Out '04. SummerSlam '01 a close second, but I was out of the country when that happened.

The first PPV I ordered was WCW's Bash at the Beach in 1996. Yes, the whole "Who's the third man?" mystery finally got me to order a show instead of just waiting to find out on Monday evening.

The only PPV I attended was ECW's Anarchy Rulz in 1999. I only lived about 30 minutes from Villa Park at the time, and I had always wanted to see ECW live, so it was a can't miss event.

The first one I saw was a tape of the '91 Royal Rumble and the first bought was Wrestlmania VIII

First and only I've been to was Judgement Day 2001

I was young, so I'm not completely positive, but I think it was WCW World War 3 from '96. I have that show on tape, it's got Rey/Ultimo for the J*Crown, Malenko/Psicosis for the Cruiser title, a big Hogan/Piper contract signing, and the Giant winning the main event. I was a huge Piper mark back then, that may have had something to do with my ordering.

My first live PPV was the horribly shitty Unforgiven last year. Batista's title win was kind of neat, but the rest blew. We were counting on the Cena/Orton match to the carry the show and it didn't happen. A ton of people left during the main event.

First Attended: Royal Rumble 1989 (Was 5 yrs old at the time)

First Bought: Honestly have no clue. It was WWF no doubt, just can't remember what it was.

First PPV on TV - Halloween Havoc 89 (I was 7 at the time, and the ONLY reason I remember it is because my dad ordered it and my grandfather was pissed cause he wanted to see Game 4 of the World Series) I had it on tape til a couple years ago when I dumped my vcr and most of my VHS tapes.

First (and only) PPV I was at - Starcade 98 at MCI Center, I sat all the way at the top of the arena, behind me was the wall that held up the roof.

Im thinking about trying to go to Armageddon in Baltimore on 12/21 (I could go to Backlash there next month but its not going to work out).

The first PPV that I ever saw live and the first PPV that I saw in person were the same show: Summerslam '94. I took my pops with me to see that show; it was a thank-you for taking me to see my first baseball game at Wrigley Field, some twelve years prior (even though I never did end up becoming a baseball fan), and the first time I actually had my own money to do something for my parents.

First one I ever ordered was Wrestlemania XV and I attended Bad Blood 2003 with a friend in Houston.

That PPV gets tagged with one of the "worst ever" tags, but it was nice to see HBK/Flair even though it was aborted halfway through, the Jericho/Goldberg match was pretty cool, saw the Steiner flop live and the HITC wasn't bad.

First PPV ever watched live (not counting the days when you could still watch it all wavy/staticy for free and still catch exactly what was going on) was WrestleMania XIX.

First (and so far only) PPV seen live was the 2004 Taboo Tuesday.

Guest KCC

First PPV I ordered was Royal Rumble 2001, but I went to the theaters for some of the 2000 PPVs starting with Wrestlemania 2000. So I guess that was the first PPV I saw live.

In person I have never been to a PPV but that will change when I arrive at the Citrus Bowl for Mania this year.

The first show I ever ordered was Summerslam '88. I remember seeing Wrestlemania II and III, but I don't think we ordered them live. Probably watched them on tape.

First and only one that I attended was Judgment Day 2001 at the Arco Arena (and it sucked).

PPV roll call:

Survivor Series '92

Starrcade '92

King of the Ring '93

Battlebowl '93

Royal Rumble '96

Royal Rumble '99

Wrestlemania 23

Royal Rumble 2008

Never saw a live PPV.

First one I saw live was WrestleMania 2 on closed circuit. First one I ordered was SummerSlam 1992.

The first one I attended live was SummerSlam 1996, and I'm still pissed Shawn Michaels threw his temper tantrum and cost Vader his WWF Title win.

The first PPV I ordered was Survivor Series 98. I then went on to order Wrestlemania XV a few months later and didn't buy another one until Royal Rumble 06. The first PPV i saw live was Unforgiven 07.

Saw Live: Survivor Series 1990 (My dad made me watch it with him, we had just got a "black box" and he was a casual fan, the show got me hooked and I have been a fan ever since)

Attended Live: WWE Unforgiven 2002 at Staples Center in LA. (if you dont count me going to the WWA PPV in Vegas 7 months prior) I went with my best friend. He got tix like two days prior and they were awesome, right behind the Smackdown Announcers, about 10 rows back (Shaq sat 9 rows ahead of us and he walked by us, man is he tall) we had fun even though the event gave us Rikishi in drag and A dq in the Taker/Brock main event. on the flip side I saw Angle/Benoit.

I also recently went to the Royal Rumble at Msg. Sat upstairs but good view. Had a great time being at my favorite PPV of all.

My first PPV I saw as it aired was WrestleMania VI or SummerSlam '90. I honestly can't remember for certain. I know I saw SS live, and I'm pretty sure about Mania.

The one and only PPV I have ever witnessed in person was WrestleMania 21.

Guest Smues

First live on PPV: Royal Rumble 99

First live in attendance: King of the Ring 99

Yeah, Vince Russo can die.

First one I saw on PPV: Survivor Series '93 :(

First one I saw live: Summerslam '95 in Pittsburgh,PA. :headbang:

First ordered PPV, Starrcade 1994 (Who could resist ordering the Triple Main Event of Hogan-Beefcake, Sting/Avalanche and Mr.T/Sullivan

First Live PPV: Great American Bash 1995