TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 3/24 Raw Thread

While I marked for the ending, that doesn't make your WWE Champ look strong at all heading into his biggest defense ever.

Unfortunately, Orton hasn't looked real strong in a while...

Orton hasn't looked strong this whole month. It's been "Will HHH win it, or will Cena?!"

Why start now? Let Flair have one more big moment.

While I marked for the ending, that doesn't make your WWE Champ look strong at all heading into his biggest defense ever.

Well he was a victim of a choke slam (by his partner) and couldn't really defend himself. It worked out fine for Orton, in my opinion.

One, that low blow looked pretty stiff. Ha, ha.

Two, Awesome. Orton sold that Figure four like Death.

lol I've never seen anyone flap around like that in the figure four. Orton makes his opponents look like a million bucks the way he sells their offense.

Leads me to believe Orton retains at WM and loses it later on. I've never been a big fan of two World Titles changing hands on the same night, let alone 3 that we might get on Sunday.

Definitely loved the ending tonight, though.

Oh lord, after that ending with Orton tapping I think he's probably retaining at WM....and I am GOING to the show. Good grief, does WWE think people would want to pay 90.00 for a ticket and also the 200.00 or so for plane fare to see Orton retain the belt?

Flair and Michaels is easily the best thing on WM. I just hope the match can justify it and that it's a true epic. I mean stuff like Flair kicking out of 5 Sweet Chin Musics, go full blast with the Warrior/Macho booking. Get Patterson on it, he'll deliver the goods.

Oh lord, after that ending with Orton tapping I think he's probably retaining at WM....and I am GOING to the show. Good grief, does WWE think people would want to pay 90.00 for a ticket and also the 200.00 or so for plane fare to see Orton retain the belt?

Flair and Michaels is easily the best thing on WM. I just hope the match can justify it and that it's a true epic. I mean stuff like Flair kicking out of 5 Sweet Chin Musics, go full blast with the Warrior/Macho booking. Get Patterson on it, he'll deliver the goods.

I like that idea.

Orton tapping out isn't even the worst thing that happened to him on the show.

That was Cena and HHH discussing who wants to win the match more...keeping their feud with each other going strong...and ignoring that the WORLD CHAMPION is even a threat...or for that matter in the match with them.

I like that idea.

If you're going to steal the Warrior/Macho booking, why not have him kick out after five Flying Elbows?

Holy christ, I just realized: both the men who wrestled in the Warrior/Macho match are currently crazy, and the two women involved in the post-match angle are now deceased. That's depressing. I just watched that match a few days ago. :(

Given the result on Raw and treatment of Orton, I have to think that Orton will actually retain at Mania. I don't think Cena/Orton/HHH will be the final match at this point at Mania (I think Mayweather/Show or Michaels/Flair will actually headline as crazy as that sounds), BUT if it is, then negate everything I said and it's all HHH going over since the show has to go out on a high note, one would think (although who knows, we saw HHH go over at Mania 16). But they seem to be building Cena/HHH and Orton/Show as the next big Raw feuds after Mania. I could easily see Cena/HHH as a number one contenders match at Backlash and Orton/Show for the belt, and from there, Orton v. HHH at the next ppv after that. Otherwise, if you have HHH, OR Cena go over at Mania, I don't see any interest whatsoever in Orton/Show.

Ashley returns as Maria's partner at Mania? Ugh. It's clear something is going on with her, relating to chemical use. Or else I'm seeing things. Where is Torrie anyway, wouldnt that have made a better replacement? Or maybe she's in the same boat? Really weird how she's been off TV for quite some time.

Based off Raw, one would think the Mania main event has to be Flair/Michaels.....that really seemed to be the only match that had some realistic and solid build on this show. It just seemed to be the clear focus of Raw to say the least. That in ring segment by HBK/Flair was fucking GOLD. If that is in fact the last Flair promo we really ever see, he can certainly say he went out in style.

I dunno, the show left me underwhelmed other than the Flair/Michaels build. I expected something more out of the Show/Mayweather build, especially. I swear I heard somewhere that Mayweather was going to be there tonight, so much for that.

The caption under the picture of Orton tapping to Flair on wwe.com is "Orton hears a Wooooo!". Cute.

That is awesome.

I thought this was interesting, Micheals appeared to be in full heel mode after the show..even having words with flair's family.

The crowd continued to heel Michaels, especially after preventing Flair from doing the Figure 4 the first time on Orton. The crowd erupted on their feet when Flair locked on the Figure 4 and Orton submitted. Not sure when the cameras went off, but Flair after the victory, Flair taunted Michaels on the outside then walked up the aisle. Then he went to the back for about ten seconds then came back out with a mic and said "THANK YOU SOUTH CAROLINA.... WHOOOOOOOOOOO" and then proceeded to exchange "Whoooos" with the crowd for about 2 minutes. Then he thanked South Carolina again and went to the back.

Meanwhile, in the ring Orton started to recover, as was Michaels on the outside. Both were getting boos from the crowd and then HBK motioned flipping off the crowd (in a fist without the middle finger) then started up the ramp. Orton got to his feet and raised up the WWE title and Michaels "tip toed" back down the ramp and slid into the ring, and the crowd started to cheer. Orton thought the crowd was cheering him and then he turned around and caught Sweet Chin Music. Michaels then exited the ring and got in the face of Flair's family (who were ringside) and taunted them and then had some words with a female (I'm thinking Flair's daughter?) and then he left.

I'd love to see Former Horsemen come out after Flair loses at Mania. First Arn alone, and then all of the rest. I still think Flair should have announced he was retiring either way tonight, and his match with HBK was a tet for himself to see if he still had it. Being forced out by a Mcmahon edict cheapens the angle. It would have made much more sense from the get-go for flair to simply say the next match I lose I am finished, and have the angle start from there.

Most of you don't get the way Orton's booked. It's being done perfectly. Heel champs are supposed to be vulnerable, that's why everybody hated HHH's reigns of dominance. He just wants to be under the radar and sneak out of mania with the title while HHH and Cena get into a dick-waving contest.

I just wish they had played up the Triple Threat being a disadvantage to Orton because he can't get himself disqualified like he's been doing. I was hoping that would be the explanation for H counting Cena into the match when he reffed the Orton/Cena match.

And yes, it will go on last.

I'd love to see Former Horsemen come out after Flair loses at Mania. First Arn alone, and then all of the rest. I still think Flair should have announced he was retiring either way tonight, and his match with HBK was a tet for himself to see if he still had it. Being forced out by a Mcmahon edict cheapens the angle. It would have made much more sense from the get-go for flair to simply say the next match I lose I am finished, and have the angle start from there.

Since everyone is assuming Flair loses this match, I'm wondering if he actually wins it but then announces that he is going to retire anyway. He could say something along the lines of even though he said he would never retire he gave it a lot of thought and there is no better way for him to go out than to have his final match at wrestlemania against Micheals. This way he goes out on his own terms and it would be a surprise to everyone that he wins. The wwe has changed match outcomes before when they get the feeling everyone knows how it will turn out. And someone mentioned earlier that during that segment last night, he didn't say anything about beating micheals and going on afterwards. He was acting like it was his last match for sure which makes me wonder if this is more of a possibility. I hope they do this because as I said earlier in the thread, I just don't like the idea that he is being forced to retire in the storyline. It should be his decision and this would make everyone happy I think and it gives him the respect he deserves going out.