TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 3/24 Raw Thread

Triple H clearly relished his night in charge last week.

After punishing John Cena and Randy Orton by pitting them against the entire Raw roster last week, The Game added injury to insult by laying out both of his WrestleMania foes with Pedigrees.

With less than two weeks before The Granddaddy of Them All, what will the three warriors poised to compete for the WWE Championship do this week to get a leg up on their competition at the main event?

We'll find out early, as sources tell WWE.com that Cena himself will kick off Raw at the Colonial Center.

Also planned for Raw is a huge Money in the Bank Ladder Match preview, as four members of the field chasing the cherished championship contract in Orlando, Fla., will square off. CM Punk will team with the Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho to face United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter and Carlito.

Stylin' in Flair Country for the Last Time?

This week, Raw heads to Columbia, S.C. - "Flair Country." Columbia is just one of many places in the Carolinas that have watched and enjoyed "Nature Boy" Ric Flair's career from the very beginning.

With his career on the line against Shawn Michaels less than a week before WrestleMania, the Nature Boy will address HBK on Raw. Will Flair style and profile before our fans in Columbia for the last time?

The Biggest Statement

In other Raw action last week, The World’s Largest Athlete sent his WrestleMania opponent, Floyd “Money” Mayweather, another message by manhandling eight-time Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho just a week after tossing The World’s Greatest Fighter from the ring. The intimidation game has escalated dangerously in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania. Just how far are the WBC welterweight champion and the former WWE Champion willing to go to gain an edge?

Belfast Brawl .. or crawl?

Also, JBL continued to provoke his WrestleMania opponent, Finlay, when he pummeled the Irishman’s fellow countryman, Colin Delaney. Having already stooped to new lows, what will the self-proclaimed “wrestling god” do next? And just what steps will Finlay take to exact his revenge?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, tune into Monday Night Raw at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

As the old formula goes, we'll see whoever loses tonight if they indeed win at Wrestlemania.

I think I read that tonight's supposed to be Flair's last big in-ring promo, so I'll be looking forward to that. Could be something really memorable.

With less than two weeks before The Granddaddy of Them All

Not to nitpick, but it's actually less then a week away.

I'm not excited for this WM at all. First time since I was a kid I might not be ordering it.

I was planning on ordering it, but found out the friend I was going to split it with can't make it. I don't know if I can swallow spending 50 some bucks on a PPV, regardless of the card.

I wonder how the ratings would be if they gave Flair the mic for the ME time slot. It's to the point where Flair should announce that win or lose WM will be his last match as an active wrestler. That would add certain drama to whether he could go out with the win (even though you know Flair would want to go out on his back).

My Mania party is looking like a dud with no one being able to make it due to work or family commitments, but I'm hopeful I can get at least ONE person over. At the very least I just won $300 on a road trip stopover in Indiana so I have the price of the show covered.

Meltzer reported the MITB preview is actually a 4-way. Did he mis-read the preview or has it changed? (WWE.com loads oddly at work so I can't conveniently check). Hopefully they have a good send-off show.

And not to nitpick (actually, I guess ENTIRELY to nitpick because I'm a wet blanket, I've been told), but the Road to WrestleMania ends at WrestleMania, not Raw.

I wonder how the ratings would be if they gave Flair the mic for the ME time slot. It's to the point where Flair should announce that win or lose WM will be his last match as an active wrestler. That would add certain drama to whether he could go out with the win (even though you know Flair would want to go out on his back).

I wish he would do this so that it would be HIM deciding to retire and not being "forced" to by Mcmahon. Being forced to retire in the storyline because he loses sort of disrespects him I think. So him deciding to retire, win, lose, or draw, would allow him the respect of calling it quits on his own..the way it should be.

Would expect this to be an emotional segment as Flair is probably going to lose it. They gave him the key to the city (columbia) and he got all teary eyed. It's hard to believe that we are less than a week away from the last Flair match. After watching him for 2 and a half decades, its going to be surreal to know it's over.

I wish he would do this so that it would be HIM deciding to retire and not being "forced" to by Mcmahon. Being forced to retire in the storyline because he loses sort of disrespects him I think. So him deciding to retire, win, lose, or draw, would allow him the respect of calling it quits on his own..the way it should be.

Would expect this to be an emotional segment as Flair is probably going to lose it. They gave him the key to the city (columbia) and he got all teary eyed. It's hard to believe that we are less than a week away from the last Flair match. After watching him for 2 and a half decades, its going to be surreal to know it's over.

I can't wait to see what type of reaction he gets from the crowd tonight.

Hey...I'm out of town on business and can't get to a TV with USA. Anybody know of a live stream that's available? Thanks ahead of time if you do.

All I hope is that CM Punk takes the exploder, I believe that's Benjamin's finishing move? or the playmaker tonight. At least this will give me the SLIGHT hope he wins MITB.

I think the question on everybody's mind is what will the next step be in the Kendrick walking out on London storyline!

They'll probably win the tag titles tonight as if last week never happened.

I'd really like to see some lower-carder like Duggan or Super Crazy point at the Wrestlemania 24 sign and pantomime excitedly that yes, they'll get to watch it on PPV.

So, hopefully Cena will at least make mention of the fact that he's beaten both of these men at Wrestlemania?

Just a little continuity shoutout, maybe?

Well, to be honest JBL, we don't know any of the rules for Big Show/Mayweather... although I wonder if Big Show will get DQ'ed if he tries to eat Floyd like it was suggested.

Umaga was absolutely right. I can't disagree

Times like this makes me miss the fact he used to have Armando as a mouthpiece.