TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2008 Sweet 16 & Elite 8 Thread

Jordan got a lot of calls in tight playoff games, but even as a Knicks fan/Bulls hater it was at least acceptable because he would have found a way to beat us 99% of the time even without the calls. My biggest gripe with him is that I hardly ever saw MJ get T'ed up even when he'd drop f-bombs, fingerpoint at the ref and end up with his spittle all over the ref's faces. I also still feel like his complaints about how rough the Knicks played in the '90s led us to this handcheck pansy shit we're stuck with in the NBA where needless fouls get called 20+ feet from the hoop routinely.

The difference between MJ and guys like Wade is that Jordan would hit the jumper AND get the foul on his way to 40+ pts, while Wade would just flop to the ground and end up with the bulk of his points coming from the ~20 FTA in every close game.

Damn that was an ass-whipping. Sorry for doubting you Memphis. Now we'll see if all No. 1 seeds can make it.....which would make that guy I hate that I work with's head explode more? KU losing to Roy Williams or KU being the only No. 1 to not go to the Final Four? Guess we'll see.

Bill Self could have a team comprised of the NBA Western Conference All-Stars and he still wouldn't be able to go to the Final Four.

Although Davidson is sure as hell getting a lot of calls.

Fuck.

I hope both NC and Kansas lose. Tough as shit to root for either team.

The game changed when Davidson called a timeout, up by 4 with all the momentum. They subbed in Jason Richards, who then turns the ball over, and then a possession later they start playing from behind.

I guess Kansas is better than a team of Western Conference All-Stars.

All four 1's in for the first time ever, so in theory the Final Four should be awesome but we shall see.

All four 1's in for the first time ever, so in theory the Final Four should be awesome but we shall see.

I guess ESPN was right.

Self did it in spite of me........that crazy Bill, always doing stuff like that to me.

All four #1s... bo-ring

I hope UNC beats the shit out of KU

Well I don't see anything that would lead us to believe otherwise. Unless this game was just some huge mental block for Kansas.

Curry should've threw the ball to the guy at the top of the key as soon as he was doubled but oh well...let's go UNC!!!

Unfortunately now I have to look forward to a week of KU fans re-bitching on the local sports radio show about Roy and his departure

Unfortunately now I have to look forward to a week of KU fans re-bitching on the local sports radio show about Roy and his departure

I guess that's the beauty of western Kansas. There's absolutely nothing out here so I don't have to hear any of that.

Roy went back to his dream job, got great players and won a national title. Why fault the guy for going to a better situation? Obviously it was a better place for him than Kansas because he got over that national title hump, and he's probably going to get another one this year.

Western Kansas is also largely KSU territory, with all the agriculture industry

I was glad to be rid of Roy when he left, but when KU fans started their bitch-fest during his title run a few years ago, I began actively supporting him

Wow, has Calipari always been a smug motherfucker?

First, the "we don't have a free-throw problem, just look at what we did today" comment last week, then now the "we're Princeton on steroids" jab.

Fuck Memphis.

Wow, has Calipari always been a smug motherfucker?

First, the "we don't have a free-throw problem, just look at what we did today" comment last week, then now the "we're Princeton on steroids" jab.

Fuck Memphis.

Why fuck Memphis?

All year people have been dogging on Memphis for their free throw shooting, saying it was going to cost them, while Calipari said the players would make them when they counted, and it was much ado about nothing.

And he was right. They shot 70% in the Conference USA tourney, shot 74.3 percent against Michigan State, and 83.3 percent against Texas. So what's so wrong about that?

After the way they've played the past two games, the dribble drive offense has essentially become Princeton on steroids. Again, what's wrong with saying that?

A lot of people didn't think Memphis would be able to beat Texas in Houston, and they went and kicked their ass, he as a right to be a little cocky.

The first comment was made after the Mississippi St. game, where they shot 15-32 from the line, a clip of 46.9%. A victory nonetheless, but a 3-point victory where it seemed like none of their free throws were dropping in the final five minutes. Which is why that comment was baffling. Saying "it's not a problem, let's move on" when NONE of your starters are 70% or better from the line, is laughable. They've obviously made strides to correct that over the course of the season, but he must be fooling himself to believe that he was never worried about this going into the tournament.

As for for that second comment: he's right, and congratulations for what can considered a minor upset in said circumstances, but unless you're arguing on the side of censorship and such, there's no way you can argue that he's not being smug about it. You don't even need tone to figure out where he was going with that.

For the record, I enjoy watching them play, and I'm not rooting for them to lose. I'm just posting an observation.

Guest Hasbeen2

It's a lot easier to shoot them and make them when you're ahead by 20. I bet it costs them in the next game.

It's a lot easier to shoot them and make them when you're ahead by 20. I bet it costs them in the next game.

The last two games, where Memphis had to make free throws to make sure Michigan State and Texas couldn't get back in the game, they did. They can make free throws.

Saying "it's not a problem, let's move on" when NONE of your starters are 70% or better from the line, is laughable. They've obviously made strides to correct that over the course of the season, but he must be fooling himself to believe that he was never worried about this going into the tournament.

It's not a problem. Memphis gets to the free throw line more than enough times each game, that usually their free throw shooting has very little impact on the game. And in the last two games, it seems to be an asset.

but unless you're arguing on the side of censorship and such, there's no way you can argue that he's not being smug about it.

People have been doubting Memphis all season. He's proved them wrong, he has a right to be smug.

For the record, I enjoy watching them play, and I'm not rooting for them to lose. I'm just posting an observation.

Then why did you say fuck Memphis.

So yeah... Texas got their ass handed to them.

Didn't see anything from 14mins left of the 1st due to going out to start cooking for a Wrestlemania get together.

All I can say is that I hope Memphis gets drilled by UCLA.