TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

The best part of the Ultimate Warrior's return over seas, is the video of him beating down the heels and then doing the Warrior rope shake, in a tie and suspenders.

Reminds me of the glory days of Shawn,Flair,Angle and HHH's old Raw promos where we'd have a big fight and everyone would be sweating profusely in suits

I hope Warrior at least grows his hair back or shave his face. He's going to look WEIRD wearing the tassles with that buzz cut and goatee he's got.

The Ultimate Warrior Vs. Orlando Jordan is a dream match for the ages, bah Gawd!

His hair is still a buzzcut, and he shaved some, I think. I watched a hand-held video on youtube of it. Search for warrior NWE, and you'll find it.

Warrior was sloooow when he was doin the beatdown at his return.

Like, even slower then usual for the Warrior. He even shook the ropes slowly. Fuck it, I can't wait to see him destroy Jordan and his two boyfriends he had with him, queerin' up the world and shit. Ultimate Warrior, takin over Spain in tha 0-8, ya dig?

In the random thoughts category

Has anyone ever had the amount of Face/Heel changes in the WWE without ever actually having a specific moment you could pin point other than Chris Jericho?

I mean he turned up last monday and sort-of-kind-of turned heel on Shawn without actually saying anything that wasn't believeable.

I remember his last "heel turn" when he helped Christian beat up Cena back when beating up Cena got you face pops in most arenas

hell his face turn during the Trish storyline consisted of ripping off Howard Dean during the last presidential nominees crapfest and being forced to cash in his Bischoff Favour to stop Trish V Kane with no reason other than to have Bischoff against him.

I would even say that his original Heel Turn in 2001 was such a god awful event, attacking the WWF sole wrestler left at the end of the inVasion angle, The Rock, and not even succeeding in helping the opposition win that it really is one of the worst of all time.

I am not trying to start a HHHeld down bitch-o-rama but it is such a strange issue when the best moments in Wrestling are the Turns that can be pin pointed to a specific event.

Jericho has been sorta tweenerish for much longer than last week. He was acting heel in the Reel interviewing Jeff Hardy. He even acted heel against Punk in their post Mania Raw match. I think the best definition for him now is "tweener" who just happens to be the wildcard in the Shawn/Batista match. I suspect he was put in there for both Shawn and Batista to end up going to a non finish and having both guys hit their finishers on Jericho again. So that the program is extended and Jericho is... well, bitched out.

Jericho has been sorta tweenerish for much longer than last week. He was acting heel in the Reel interviewing Jeff Hardy. He even acted heel against Punk in their post Mania Raw match. I think the best definition for him now is "tweener" who just happens to be the wildcard in the Shawn/Batista match. I suspect he was put in there for both Shawn and Batista to end up going to a non finish and having both guys hit their finishers on Jericho again. So that the program is extended and Jericho is... well, bitched out.

Jericho also bashed Big Show in the face with the belt as well. I think Jericho is slowly turning heel. I assume turning Jericho heel again after only being a face so long is similar to the sitution when Edge came back and wasn't working out as a face and was all of a sudden turned heel.

Jericho also bashed Big Show in the face with the belt as well. I think Jericho is slowly turning heel. I assume turning Jericho heel again after only being a face so long is similar to the sitution when Edge came back and wasn't working out as a face and was all of a sudden turned heel.

Now this is around the time that I was getting bored with the WWE, but wasn't the Edge heel turn at least an actual turn, maybe involving he who must not be named, a tag title and HBK getting the main event despite being on one leg? If I'm wrong I apologise.]

I'm thinking it was around taboo tuesday even though Edge came back just after Wrestlemania during a draft if I'm right, this is a hazy time for my wrestling fandom.

But my original point still stands Jericho has been for all extent and purposes turned into a tweener WITHOUT any reason or even someone to feud with, he has been shoe horned into a feud that didn't need him just like his last feud before he left the company, and this is coming from a huge Jerichoholic , I just find it strange that they seem to turn him without truely giving him a motivation for doing so.

Oh and I'd even argue that the Jeff Hardy Highligh Reel interview was more Jeff trying to show a killer instinct than Jericho starting his tweener turn because I believe Jeff got the final strike in that exchange, the Big Show thing was VERY strange, but that was during the time that the company had no idea who was supposed to be the face or heel during the Mayweather fued, so that could be explained, or ignored.

If the original highlight reel with HBK & Batista had ended in a puul apart brawl that inadvertently had gotten physical on Jericho (an errant Superkick or Spear), at least then he would have a reason for being involved on this feud, but right now there hasn't been a single reason for it and I believe it is the worst type of story telling.

I think you're right about the Edge turn there Diablo, but its hazy for me, too. As for Jericho, I kinda buy him as just a grand shit disturber.

With you on that one. No need to turn him completely, at least not now. Hell, he was getting cheered against Punk last night!

Mike Adamle's second week on ECW saw the rating drop from 1.3 to 1.1, so there were no curiosity viewers this week to see the commentary trainwreck.

I have no real desire to watch ECW anymore. Punk was it's major draw for me and he can be seen on the other brands and isn't long for ECW with the MITB contract, let alone should there every be a brand switch. Kane and Chavo are played out and certainly not compelling, and Miz/Morrison are SD! regulars with the tag titles.

Jericho is better as a face and has options to work with.

at what point did people begin to realize the last wrestling boom was ending?

austinvince.jpg

This rivals the HHHonk

HHH using the "The Dean Scream"

Former WWE Champion Rob Van Dam posted a sad blog on his website today, revealing that his wife, Sonya Szatkowski, has been diagnosed with colon cancer.

One good thing about spreading positive energy and encouraging an optimistic approach to life- when it comes time to get a taste of my own medicine, it's good. Still, it may not be fun to be put to the test. It may be quite unpleasant.

After thinking of several ways to put this, I decided to give it to you straight- just like we got it. After months of chasing down the origin of stomach cramps, we got the news that Sonya has cancer in her colon. Obviously, this was not something we wanted to hear, and were not at all prepared for it. This is the kind of thing that we hear about happening to other people. Us? Really?

I'm sure that a lot of you realize that cancer is way too common. In fact, I know that many of you are all too familiar with what we are experiencing.

This is very personal and I understand if you would choose to keep it on the down-low. One of Sonya's first thoughts was that if she could have colon cancer (being a 32 year old, lean, active, and healthy eating female that barely hits 3 digits on the weight scale), "We need to tell everyone it could be them!"

Months of testing showed nothing of this nature. The blood tests and everything else they did could not detect the cancer until the dreaded colonoscopy. Sonya wants everyone to know that you HAVE to get checked. We found a huge research center where we are getting this taken care of. They have a lot of information about the subject, in case you might be searching City of Hope.

Keep in mind, this is curable and Sonya has surgery scheduled for the end of the week to get this thing taken out. We're totally kicking its ass. We got this.

We know that we have a lot of people praying and sending positive energy, and we appreciate it. Keep it up. And don't tell Sonya's dad, if you know him. We'll do it when the time is right.

This will soon be a thing of the past. Sonya is amazingly strong and ready to fight. This will be a squash match!

Anyone wondering what we're up to...it's this. Nothing else matters.

I'll update you soon.

Take care of yourselves.

Enjoy life.

RVD

Gotta wish Sonya a get well soon there. From the sound of it she should recover though. Jim Ross had the same sort of ailment. Van Dam can consider himself lucky that he no longer is with WWE, so he won't have to endure a Dr. Heinie skit about his wife.

Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net is reporting that at least three "FIRE MIKE ADAMLE" signs were confiscated at the Greensboro, NC Smackdown/ECW taping.