TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

The Blu Ray version of WM 24 is only $32 at shopzone.

Makes me feel like an idiot for spending $70 on the HD version live.

What? Were you expecting the BluRay to cost more or something?

I don't see how it's any different than a $40 PPV costing $20 on DVD.

I wish they would release widescreen "enhanced for widescreen televisions" standard DVD versions of their PPVs. The Rumble match was framed so poorly for the non-HD broadcast.

- Kevin (Thorn) Fertig and Drew (McIntyre) Galloway have both been removed from the WWE.com roster pages. WWE has not announced releases of either so it appears both have been sent down to FCW.

Credit: PWInsider.com

- Kevin (Thorn) Fertig and Drew (McIntyre) Galloway have both been removed from the WWE.com roster pages. WWE has not announced releases of either so it appears both have been sent down to FCW.

Not surprising, THEEE Drew Galloway's debut was less then impressive, he cut a strange promo that almost made him a face, then acted like a heel when he came out. Shame though, his cocky character he's had a for a few years over here in the UK was pretty awesome. He had a stable called The Foreign Legion, him (Scottish) a Frenchmen and a German (I think) and they played the cocky/wimpish heels really well

Not surprising, THEEE Drew Galloway's debut was less then impressive, he cut a strange promo that almost made him a face, then acted like a heel when he came out. Shame though, his cocky character he's had a for a few years over here in the UK was pretty awesome. He had a stable called The Foreign Legion, him (Scottish) a Frenchmen and a German (I think) and they played the cocky/wimpish heels really well

I was really surprised when they aired that promo. I was there for his debut and thought for sure the whole "I've got dual citizenship so please chant USA!" was an new twist on getting the crowd to give the guy heel heat for TV, but I guess it was a televised character trait.

I wish they would release widescreen "enhanced for widescreen televisions" standard DVD versions of their PPVs. The Rumble match was framed so poorly for the non-HD broadcast.

Agreed. I had the same problem with No Way Out 2008. Some of the matches look horrible in full screen.

Best thing from the new WWE message board:

The new ECW is better than the old ecw. The NEW ECW features WWE superstars. The old ecw featured indy rasslers and wash outs who got fired from the NWA/WCW and the WWF.

I also like how their message board looks like something straight out of 1998 too.

The original ECW did actually have a bunch of indy wrestlers and WWF/WCW hasbeens. However, there were the guys who Heyman molded from those categories that ended up creating a new niche for themselves, as well as guys who made a name for themselves in Japan and Mexico.

Best thing from the new WWE message board:

The new ECW is better than the old ecw. The NEW ECW features WWE superstars. The old ecw featured indy rasslers and wash outs who got fired from the NWA/WCW and the WWF.

I also like how their message board looks like something straight out of 1998 too.

That's the same guy that asked if Buddy Rogers' brother did the job to Bruno on May 17, 1963 when that rumor was shot down about four years ago.

Take that quote with a grain of salt.

Was thinking if anyone could recommend some good WWE DVDs like the documentaries they do -

Really loved The Four Horseman, Jake The Sanke, ECW, WCCW and Monday Night Wars.

Thanks

Was thinking if anyone could recommend some good WWE DVDs like the documentaries they do -

Really loved The Four Horseman, Jake The Sanke, ECW, WCCW and Monday Night Wars.

Thanks

The Brian Pillman set is amazing. One of the better documentaries I've seen and the bonus matches are great too. It's worth the money.

He's tagging with another Brit in FCW. hThey're calling themselves "The Empire"...

Strange how things go around, one of the promotions Drew McIntyre sometimes worked for over here in the UK had a long standing Stable called 'The Empire' fronted by 'Sir' Jonathon Britain. Guess we'll see what happens to Drew.

As for Kevin Thorn, they must like him as I'm sure anyone else would have been released by now after 2 attempts at pretty 'good' gimmicks fizzled out.

--

This made me laugh, TNA4Life's post and his avatar just made me laugh haha

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/701/175...better_than_TNA

haha shit, the topics keep getting better:

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/701/262...ink_is_on_ROIDS

Former WWE World and Intercontinental Champion, The Ultimate Warrior, has announced that he will come out of retirement on June 25, 2008 to wrestle his first match in almost 10 years. He will be working for the Nu-Wrestling Evolution promotion in Barcelona. His opponent will be current NWE Champion and former WWE United States Champion, Orlando Jordan. Warrior and Jordan worked an angle at an April 15 NWE show where Warrior was receiving a lifetime achievement award. During the ceremony, Jordan interrupted and mocked a young fan at ringside only to have Warrior come to the fan's defense.

Warrior is now 48 years old and and his 49th birthday is 9 days before his match but is said to still be in tremendous shape. Warrior has not worked a match since October 25, 1998, the night of his disastrous match at Halloween Havoc 1998 with "Hollywood" Hogan. His last appearance in WCW was the night after Havoc '98.

He was originally scheduled to wrestle on a December 1, 2000 i-Generation pay-per-view in Australia against Curt Hennig until he pulled out due to money issues. He was replaced by Dennis Rodman.

Foley-Bockwinkel.jpg

I met Mick Foley and Nick Bockwinkel at the local mall yesterday.

So, who here thinks they could handle the Glamazon in the bedroom?

:: raises hand ::

Even if I'm wrong, I'd love to find out...

Seconded.

Hmm I wonder if Warrior knows Orlando Jordan is bi.

You guys should check out the WWE Fan Nation Message Board if you're looking for a good laugh. My favorite topic/gimmick poster so far:

"I was aborted before birth.. and I don't know what television is.. can you recommend me some good television programs to watch?" by Stephs Aborted Fetus.

My boy Orlando Jordan getting a big high profile match here, that's awesome

The Warrior vs. OJ match will be shorter than the Chris Benoit vs. OJ stuff.