TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

WWE Draft 2008

The thing with that is ECW essentially has four major faces for their brand-Punk, Kane, Kofi and Dreamer.

Punk will likely wind up on another brand after this (I call for Smackdown), and out of the other three, Dreamer is barely credible as a midcarder these days, and Kane has been stale for about 5 years now. Kofi's really their only shot of having a standout homegrown on the brand, unless they place some of the call-ups on there. Even going by who I had drafted to ECW in my earlier post, you're not going to draw viewers with Finlay vs. Morrison or Super Crazy vs. Shelton Benjamin.

I read elsewhere that it's a rumor that UT might end up on Raw and HHH might finally move over to SD. I am torn on how I feel about that if it did happen. On one hand it's nice to see UT back on Raw, and amusingly HHH will finally work Tuesdays. On the other hand it's the same crap we went through in 2005 with champs switching shows just to keep the same stale challengers (like JBL) going in the main events. For instance if HHH goes to SD he'll likely feud with Edge, while UT will feud with Orton for a while.

I don't want them switching belts again. When they did the switch in 2005, it "made things right". The WWE title with decades of lineage should be on the flagship show, not the belt that celebrates a whopping 6 year anniversary this September (and God help us if we have to hear the WCW lineage argument again).

Also, current prcedent says world champions are stripped of their belts if they leave their brand, though that could easily be changed because:

A) Lashley was actually being unfairly screwed out of his ECW title by Vince/Coach not liking him last year.

B) ECW was still seen as a seperate entity last year.

C) It's wrestling and continuity has been loose for about 30 years.

I read elsewhere that it's a rumor that UT might end up on Raw and HHH might finally move over to SD. I am torn on how I feel about that if it did happen. On one hand it's nice to see UT back on Raw, and amusingly HHH will finally work Tuesdays. On the other hand it's the same crap we went through in 2005 with champs switching shows just to keep the same stale challengers (like JBL) going in the main events. For instance if HHH goes to SD he'll likely feud with Edge, while UT will feud with Orton for a while.

Wow, I hope we don't get yet another feud between them as shitty as it was in 2005. What's with UT and stale feuds anyway?

Three weeks from tonight, I believe. The RAW before the Night of Champions (which is one reason why I think there could be a switching of the belts, maybe the US to RAW for the IC, since I think Jericho will wind up on Smackdown. Trading for Matt Hardy is a solid move.)

Three weeks from tonight, I believe. The RAW before the Night of Champions (which is one reason why I think there could be a switching of the belts, maybe the US to RAW for the IC, since I think Jericho will wind up on Smackdown. Trading for Matt Hardy is a solid move.)

Also means more Hardys matches which would be good for everyone.

I think moving Jeff Hardy to Smackdown would be a smart move.

Jeff's better off staying on RAW, especially if they move Umaga and Jericho to SD! I wouldn't mind seeing a longer feud with he and Orton, and if they get behind this latest Burchill push against Kennedy, he and Jeff could have a nice rivalry, IMO.

I think they'll keep Rey where he is. He's one of the biggest draws for Smackdown, not only for the Hispanic demographic, but all the kids who worship him and don't have to get up early on Saturday mornings (as opposed to Tuesday, a school day).

then dont you think this will cripple smackdown in a way cause currently theyre tag champs are ecw roster members and most of theyre storylines revolve around ecw wrestlers. the draft is going to have to supplu smackdown with some huge names or it will be hurt severly

I think moving Jeff Hardy to Smackdown would be a smart move.

It would not shock me to see both Matt and Jeff on the same roster, as the company is probably hoping that Matt will babysit Jeff, just like he did back in the day, and keep him out of trouble.

I do still think that we could see Matt Hardy and Jericho swap places (and titles) just so that something "major" happens during this draft.

The way they're doing the whole "MVP wants out of Smackdown" angle lately is either just blatantly telling the fans what to expect come draft day, or building up a face turn on Smackdown to feud with Edge and Co., but I think it's too soon for him to be a face.

I do still think that we could see Matt Hardy and Jericho swap places (and titles) just so that something "major" happens during this draft.

The way they're doing the whole "MVP wants out of Smackdown" angle lately is either just blatantly telling the fans what to expect come draft day, or building up a face turn on Smackdown to feud with Edge and Co., but I think it's too soon for him to be a face.

The smart thing to do would be to feign treating it like a real draft, and trade MVP to RAW for a draft pick.

I mean, MVP is MVP but the mystery draft pick could be anybody! It could even be MVP, you know how much they like him.

With the whole Dibiase Jr. thing going, I think at NoC that him and his partner will win, probably by pinning Holly after some championship miscommunication or something. The next night (draft night) they will get their rematch and Cody will defect to the other side, leaving Holly to probably be drafted away to SD later in the evening.

With the whole Dibiase Jr. thing going, I think at NoC that him and his partner will win, probably by pinning Holly after some championship miscommunication or something. The next night (draft night) they will get their rematch and Cody will defect to the other side, leaving Holly to probably be drafted away to SD later in the evening.

Why break away from a natural opponent, though?

Aw well. Crap. I don't know why I was thinking NoC was tomorrow.

I just have a feeling that the Nu-Generates will end up having to job to Holly, just cause the face usually wins the blowoff to such things. Holly would also probably end up getting some other tag partner and I have no idea who that would be.

Know what I want to see? Brands share the same named titles. Why have the WWE and World Tag titles on RAW, and the World and WWE Tag Titles on Smackdown? Lets have the WWE titles on one show, and the World titles on the other show. Let's straighten that shit out, then ship Umaga to SD to give him something new to do, and bring someone like MVP to RAW.

I used the fantasy draft thingy on their website to come up with:

To Raw

Batista/Kozlov/Palumbo/Knox/Kingston/McCool/Natalya

To SD

Jericho/Orton/Burke/Cade/Kelly^2/Lena Yada/Layla/Ashley/Jillian

To ECW

Umaga/Snitsky/Venis/Super Crazy/Haas/Dykstra/Helms

It's most likely a way for the WWE to make the PPV more intresting. If Wrestler B who just got drafted to Brand X beats Wrestler Champion A....then that title could go to Brand X!!!! OH NO!