TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

Sting without the face paint on, in that suit and with those dark glasses on, looks amazing. Its perfect Mafia Boss look, I think I prefer him in this heel role, and hope it continues.

Sting without the face paint on, in that suit and with those dark glasses on, looks amazing. Its perfect Mafia Boss look, I think I prefer him in this heel role, and hope it continues.

That's what I was thinking. This is the most interesting he's been since 97-98ish.

That's what I was thinking. This is the most interesting he's been since 97-98ish.

This beats Wolfpac Sting by a mile.

On another note, why is it that some Knockouts like ODB, Christy Hemme, etc. get to keep their names, yet every other Knockout has their name changed when they debut?

On another note, why is it that some Knockouts like ODB, Christy Hemme, etc. get to keep their names, yet every other Knockout has their name changed when they debut?

For Christy Hemme, she has value in performing under her real name because she used it in WWE. ODB probably was willing to sign over rights to her ring name and the others weren't, similar to the Low-Ki/Shenshi thing.

Watched impact for the first time in a while, and I hadn't noticed till now but...

TNA looks so low key and unimportant with the amount of people you can see in the crowd. It doesn't look jammed packed to the rafters like WWE. I don't think it ever did, but its the first time I've noticed it. They really need to start pushing more people into that sound stage, or find a bigger house if they can afford it money and fan wise.

So apparently TNA has signed "Dark Angel" Sarah Stock. I've heard a lot of hype around her, but know very little about her. Is she the real deal and possibly the woman who could fill the void left by Gail Kim?

I'd just like everybody to take a moment and re-visit what may have been the best promo in this company's history.

Tenays way of talking and facial expressions make me want to knock him out.

I loved Monty Brown. The guy had something unique. The closing days of the Nashville ppvs were littered with fantastic Monty Brown promos that turned him from nothing into a guy to watch.

His best line for me was about Jeff Hardy

"The Charismatic Enigma...Charismatic...that doesn't even come off the tongue right!"

TNA really dropped the ball with Monty. I get his heart was never fully into wrestling but they had built him up huge and that PPV where he took the guitar shot and shook it off, the title should have been his that night. It was time.

That is another one of TNA's problems. They are always so LATE to pull the trigger. Monty had been rebuilt twice, there was zero way to rebuild him again when he failed again.

That is another one of TNA's problems. They are always so LATE to pull the trigger. Monty had been rebuilt twice, there was zero way to rebuild him again when he failed again.

Raven also won the NWA title two years after the "Destiny" match with Jarrett, then he lost it to him 4 months later and never got his true revenge on Jarrett and AMW because of the Zbysko feud.

In other TNA news, they are sponsoring the #48 truck today driven by Dennis Setzer on FOX for the Camping World truck series race. He'll be starting 27th and before anyone ask, Dennis was a good driver about 8 years ago so the ability is there just buried. Hopefully for TNA, the truck can get on television a few times to give them the exposure they are paying for.

Originally Andy Hillenberg was supposed to drive the truck but I guess plans changed.

ETA: Correction made, the truck number is 48.

No point in crying over the company not using the MEM to put over the young guys, as the company is hopeless from top to bottom. Fucking Tenay even said last week "The MEM is so powerful, the only chance TNA has to overcome them is for them to implode from within" or somesuch, just bury the babyfaces. Great.

TNA frustrates me sometimes. I am considering going to that March 13 house show in Shepherdsville, which is just outside of Louisville in Bullitt County. Thing is these goofs managed to book a house show on the same night as the Big East tournament semis where U of L likely will be playing provided they win 1 game in the tourney. UK will also be playing in the SEC tourney most likely. With the possible exception of doing a house show the next week during the actual NCAA tournament I don't think TNA could have picked a worse time to have a house show in this area.