TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2008 Final Four

SATURDAY

UCLA (35-3) vs. Memphis (37-1), 6:07/3:07 PM

Kansas (35-3) vs. North Carolina (36-2), 8:47/5:47 PM

Every year I'm super-excited for the first couple of rounds, reasonably into the second weekend, and by the time the Final Four comes around, I'm completely tired of college basketball. This year's not much different.

I can't wait. I wasn't nearly this nervous in 2005, except that team struggled in nearly game... almost losing to Villanova and Wisconsin. This year's team has breezed but I'm not 100% comfortable.

I probably enjoyed 2005 more because I was still living in Chapel Hill at the time, but I'm still very excited for tomorrow.

I'd be happy if UCLA won it all.

Of course, all I need is Memphis to lose and I'm getting lunch from my boss.

As far as picks?

North Carolina over Kansas.

UCLA over Memphis.

UCLA over North Carolina in a one point victory.

I just got in and saw the last minute or so of the 1st half, has the game been close throughout? I wouldn't mind either UCLA or Memphis winning, but that second game features my two least favorite teams in college hoops. Tonight though I'm a Kansas fan because I can't stand Weepy Roy Williams or Hansbrough. The last thing I need to see is either of those two douchebags hoisting the trophy on Monday night.

Rose has made himself a lot of money in the last two weekends. I feel bad for Howland, 3 straight FF appearances and his job is probably in jeopardy.

I've said it time and time again. UCLA is never going to win a title under Ben Howland because due to his style they can't score enough. In the post shot clock, 3 point era you can't win titles scoring like 68-73 points a game. Once you get to a certain level (like the FF) all the teams can play quality defense, so it comes down to who can make plays and score.

Anyway, I think whoever wins this next game is taking the title. Alarming fact for Memphis: It's been longer since a team with 1 loss has won it all than the last undefeated team. IU was undefeated in 1976, while the last 1 loss champion was NC State in 1974.

Guest Teal-y Dan

> Jordan will compete the Tar Heels back into this one.

Oh hey, did anybody else see that Pontiac V8 commercial and feel really bad for the creators of Powerthirst?

I was encouraged by the end of the first half.

KU's frenetic early pace seems to have tired them out and UNC got their shit together at the end.

I'm still not feeling so hot about this game but it's better than the 25-2 run.

If North Carolina is going to ultimately win this game they need Danny Green. He's the key.

I always think he's the guy because I think he's so damn good but he needs to bury threes. Either that or Ellington needs to find his stroke as well.

Fuck me.

Well, they got within 4 after being down 28. That probably makes it harder to handle.

Ugh. They just played so bad tonight.

Go Memphis.

I was watching this game in the basement of a KU grad's house with a bunch of other KU fans. It was funny watching them run the gamut of emotions. When UNC was within 4 several of them threatened to leave and went upstairs only to come running back down 30 seconds later. When KU completed the victory they all started singing that song, that was strange.

Overall I was glad to see ESPN's man-crush lose and then see his dad start crying in the stands.

I just know if North Carolina would have won there would be all sorts of shit in this thread about Kansas. They've silenced some of their critics by beating a team many thought was the best in the country.

I can't wait for Memphis and Kansas. That is going to be a great game.

Wow, KU must really hate Roy Williams for leaving because I didn't see coming at all tonight. I'm actually hoping Kansas can go ahead and win this thing, since they are certainly due at this point. I thought going in to the FF that KU was the least of the various evils:

--UNC. Got their usual bullshit home court bracket, got some calls, beat my team. So screw em.

--UCLA. Been bogus all year and got some screwy wins, should have been out 2nd round.

--Memphis. Do I even need to explain?

So really Kansas is the least offensive option of the 4. And unlike their various choker teams I don't see a glaring weakness on this team.

I hope both teams play fast like they did tonight.....maybe we can get a final of 112-110 or something.

I just can't see this being a blowout in either direction. Both teams have proven to be very good, then again one could just not show up at all.

I thought UNC was going to complete the comeback. It really seemed like that because everything Brandon Rush huffed in Hansbrough's direction he fell down and a charge was called. But, Rush finally played like the player he was supposed to be when he was recruited.

This championship game should be really fun.