TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

The Love Guru

Gotta say, been a pretty big fan of Mike Myers for a long time now and the

for this seems pretty appealing...

plus i think timberlake actually fares well in comedies (ie: a special box SNL skit)

as a hockey fan (devils) this definitely appeals on that aspect because there just arent many movies that feature hockey...always a strong point. leafs winning the cup is a reach, but still hockey and alba...seems to be made of win.

It looks like it may make for a decent rental, although the preview I saw in theaters made it look better. I have to say that I'm so sick of Myers' using the Freudian slips followed by bluntly saying whatever it was he was trying to avoid.

It looks like it may make for a decent rental, although the preview I saw in theaters made it look better. I have to say that I'm so sick of Myers' using the Freudian slips followed by bluntly saying whatever it was he was trying to avoid.

You mean the "I didn't catch your gnome..name..you're a midget" line? I thought it was hilarious.

You mean the "I didn't catch your gnome..name..you're a midget" line? I thought it was hilarious.

I don't know...i think thats part of Myers appeal...sliding in jokes wherever possible, it's funny to me. Which is why i think this is going to be pretty good. Someone sent me this

the other day..pretty funny.

new trailer was posted a little while ago..especially dug the scenes with him as a kid..

This movie is essentially Austin Powers IV -- except it isn't Mike Myers playing an English sexaholic. It's Mike Myers playing an Indian sexaholic!

And this time, his character doesn't have a wacky British accent. It's a crazy Indian one!

And Verne Troyer isn't playing Mini Me. Instead he owns the Toronto Maple Leafs! Or something. Who cares.

And Myers isn't making Freudian slip jokes about moles. This time, it's about midgets!

Yeah, he's doing the same "says something awkward and looks around shiftily" act that Austin did...and the same "says something silly then gives a cheesy smile for the camera" that Austin did as well....but he's not an International Man of Mystery. He's a guru. Entirely different character!

The movie looks terrible. If Mike Myers was going to make a movie using the same exact setup as Austin Powers, he might as well have just made a fourth movie for the series. I guarantee it would have made a lot more money than this bomb is going to make.

Nothing beats the "cross the t's and dot the uh.......lower case j's line from Wayne's World 2.

I think I'm going to end up seeing this, even though it looks bad. Jim Gaffigan and Stephen Colbert as HNIC commentators might be half decent, at least.

I can't decide if I think this or the new Adam Sandler movie looks worse.

I'm going with this. The new Sandler movie looks horrible, but it doesn't annoy me as much as this does.

I keep confusing the two. They both look pretty bad. I would have issues giving my time and money, in that order, to either movie.

Since quoting this post and agreeing with it seems to be the new trend.

yeah i just saw that colbert was playing the game announcer...thats gonna be classic...hes gonna have a field day with this.

I had no interest in this from the trailers but the commercials with Stephen Colbert playing a hockey announcer have me thinking it might be worth a Tuesday Movie Night trip.

I had no interest in this from the trailers but the commercials with Stephen Colbert playing a hockey announcer have me thinking it might be worth a Tuesday Movie Night trip.

I'd go see at the dollar theater just for Colbert as a hockey announcer.

man did this movie fucking suck. it felt like someone wrote this shit while on the toilet one day. the editing also sucked, couldn't tell what was going on for the last 40 minutes... this movie plain out sucks shit and does it gladly