TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

The Rock vs. Triple H

Looking back at this feud, it seems that these two guys have had a lot of matches together.

What I can recall off the top of my head are the following matches:

Survivor Series 96

Rocky is on one team, Hunter on the other

Raw 97

Rocky def. Triple H for the IC Title

Fully Loaded 98

Rock vs. Triple H 2 out of 3 Falls

Summerslam 98

Rock vs. Triple H Ladder Match

Raw 99

Rock vs. Triple H and Undertaker

Over the Edge 99

Rock vs. Triple H

Fully Loaded 99

Rock vs. Triple H Strap Match

Unforgiven 6 six pack challenge

Rock vs. Triple H vs. Bulldog vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. Big Show

Wrestlemania 2000

Rock vs. Triple H vs. Big Show vs. Mankind

Backlash 2000

Rock vs. Triple H

Judgment Day 2000

Rock vs. Triple H Iron Man Match

King of the Ring 2000

Rock/Taker/Kane vs. Triple H/Vince/Shane

Armageddon 2000

Rock vs. Triple H vs. Austin vs. Rikshi vs. Taker vs. Angle

Raw 2002

Rock vs. Triple H

I'm sure I probably missed a few more televised matches, but is it safe to say, at least in the modern era, that these two guys worked the most together? I'm sure they probably had even more on the house shows but to see that many on TV is something.

Just some simple questions, pick whichever you want to ask, don't have to answer them all:

So did you like this feud?

If so, what dynamic did you like?

Triple H as heel? Rock as heel?

Which era of the feud did you like best? DX vs. The Nation? McMahon/Helmsley era vs. Rock?

Who came out of the feud looking better?

Did one wrestler constantly have to carry the other? Or did both of them work their asses off?

What was your favorite match between the two?

What is the legacy of this feud?

This feud carried the WWF for the first half of 2000, so it definitely has a spot someone in history. It's too bad Triple H and Rock don't see eye to eye, because these two defininately come out as stars during this feud. If there is anyone who should at least have a business friendship, you would think it's these two.

The biggest thing missing from this feud was the fact they didn't headline Wrestlemania against each other. Wrestlemania 2000 should have been The Rock vs. Triple H, not the Fatal 4 Way Match.

The above, I completely agree with. The Rock and Triple H headlining WrestleMania against each other would have made it that much better than what it was.

btw, does anybody have any YouTube videos of the 2/3 Falls match from Fully Loaded?

To answer the questions though.

So did you like this feud? - Yes

Triple H as heel? Rock as heel? - Rock as a heel. I always felt The Rock was a really good heel.

Which era of the feud did you like best? DX vs. The Nation? McMahon/Helmsley era vs. Rock? - DX vs. The Nation, honestly.

Who came out of the feud looking better? - I think it's about equal.

Did one wrestler constantly have to carry the other? Or did both of them work their asses off? - See above

What was your favorite match between the two? - Tie between the Summerslam 98 Ladder Match and Fully Loaded 2/3 Falls Match.

I think you're forgetting one thing.

Rock beat HHH in a rematch for the IC Title at the Febuary 1997 IYH.

Also SummerSlam 2000.

Also on SD! prior to the six pack challenge, as HHH had to beat 3 of the 5 men in one night to keep his spot in the match

He beat Kane in an Inferno match

Mankind in a boiler room brawl (w/ Bulldog interence)

I can't recall the other stips

-Mideon and Viscera, subbing for the Taker, beat him in a casket match. He had put Mideon in and shut the lid, but I think it was Vince who came out and restarted the match because he had to get them both in. At the same time.

-Big Show beat him in a chokeslam challenge. Chokeslam your opponent to win.

-He beat Rock in a bull rope match. I believe this was the main event of the show and he was 2-2 at that point, so he had to win.

I'm tied on SummerSlam 1998 and Backlash 2000 for my favorite Rock / Triple H match.

Don't forget the December 14, 1998 edition of RAW IS WAR when Test made his debut, and the January 25, 1999 edition of RAW IS WAR when they fought in the "I Quit!" Match which saw Chyna turn heel and join The Corporation by low blowing Triple H.

So did you like this feud?

Yes

Triple H as heel? Rock as heel?

Triple H as a heel. It suited him much better.

Which era of the feud did you like best? DX vs. The Nation? McMahon/Helmsley era vs. Rock?

This isn't really a fair question for me as I wasn't watching during the DX/Nation feud. But I GREATLY enjoyed the McMahon/Helmsley vs. Rock feud. I enjoyed it alot.

Who came out of the feud looking better?

Both. They came off as each others' equal.

Did one wrestler constantly have to carry the other? Or did both of them work their asses off?

Both men made the matches great. They had good chemistry together.

What was your favorite match between the two?

Backlash 2000. The Rock finally ends Triple H's reign of terror if only for a month. The Judgment Day 2000 Iron Man Match and the SummerSlam 1998: Highway To Hell Ladder Match come close.

What is the legacy of this feud?

This is the feud that helped the WWF do huge business in 2000. No doubt about that. Triple H had been built up SO well as an unstoppable heel that people were itching for someone to finally stop him. And The Rock just so happened to be that person. The pop Rock got when he finally pinned Triple H at Backlash 2000 was incredible. It was a great moment, one of my favourite moments in wrestling EVER.

This feud really made Triple H and The Rock into main eventers, it just took Triple H a little bit longer to get there.

Edited by Ed Wood Caulfield

The biggest thing missing from this feud was the fact they didn't headline Wrestlemania against each other. Wrestlemania 2000 should have been The Rock vs. Triple H, not the Fatal 4 Way Match.

Yea, Backlash was everything Wrestlemania should have been that year, although the Mania ending made the Backlash match even more great.

My fav match was Backlash 2000, the ending was beyond awsome. Its by far my peak of wrestling fandom

Also on SD! prior to the six pack challenge, as HHH had to beat 3 of the 5 men in one night to keep his spot in the match

He beat Kane in an Inferno match

Mankind in a boiler room brawl (w/ Bulldog interence)

I can't recall the other stips

Was that the one Bulldog interfered in? I thought he was the special guest referee for the bull rope match and he turned on The Rock there.

Yea, Backlash was everything Wrestlemania should have been that year, although the Mania ending made the Backlash match even more great.

My fav match was Backlash 2000, the ending was beyond awsome. Its by far my peak of wrestling fandom

Word. It doesn't get any better.

Yeah the Backlash 2000 match was amazing. I marked out like a lil' bitch when Stone Cold came down. It told a great story.