That wasn't far off from Mazto's pick:

33-64321-F.jpg

Bernard King

4 time All-Star

2 time All-NBA

All-NBA 2nd team

All-NBA 3rd team

All-NBA Rookie team

This might be a reach here, but I think at the end of his career he'll be viewed as one of the best big men to play the game and his peak will match up with anyone's given the lack of dominant big men these days.

doc47b7cb9d638e1823378313.jpg

Dwight Howard

2x All-NBA Selection (1st team this year)

2x NBA All-Star (2007 & 2008)

2008 NBA Slam Dunk Champion

Led the league in total rebounds the last 3 years

Has never missed a game in his NBA career

Well, there goes my sleeper pick. Nice one.

27nash-600.jpg

Steve Nash, PG

15th all-time in assists with 6,787 (should be top 10 next year), 3-time league leader in assists ('05-'07),

Career averages of 14.2 points, 7.9 assists per game (11th all-time)

.897 career FT%, 3rd all-time

.431 career 3PT%, 5th all-time

2-time NBA Most Valuable Player

6-time All-NBA (3x first team)

6-time All-Star

I was torn between Nash and Archibald but Archibald was the better the scorer and is not as weak as Nash defensively. I decided to go with the superior defender and scorer rather than the better passer. Nash is a great pick though.

Howard is not that much of a reach since his peak season so far (this year) was phenomenal and stacks up with many guys already chosen.

I nearly had Dantley in that slot, but I remembered how good King was, and how well he'd fit in with the team I'm trying to build so went with him.

Maybe my back-up pick will still be around when I come up next.

Great little blurb from his NBA.com bio....

King later said that his biggest regrets were not winning a championship ring and, to a lesser extent, not making the 20,000-point club. "But you know what I'm going to do about that?" he thought aloud in Newsday in 1993. "At some point before the winter begins, I'm going to go in the backyard and score 350 points. So that'll bring me up to par."

That's just awesome. I love that.

Do you guys more or less have the team you want in sight? I think I changed my team's blueprint like two or three times, but I think I got it this time.

My team is shaping up as I saw it, I was hoping for Dominique really bad though. :angry: Simply because he was a favorite of mine as a kid. But the basic outline is what I was expecting.

I was going to take Dominique if he came back down. That was plan 2A with LeBron and Wilkins on the wings. It's good to see Ewing and Bernard King on your team together.

So far, I have what I wanted. I planned on getting Worthy in the third round, but I got him earlier, because Reed was taken. I didn't plan at all on getting McHale (I thought he'd be gone), but I did. So yeah, things are good. Along with Worthy, I wanted to get a guy that could finish at the rim. Just have to load up my bench with guys that can get up and down the court. And the right coach...maybe I'll get him in my next round of picks. Depends on what you guys do.

That was one of the main reasons I wanted Bernard. That and his over all game is a great fit for the make up I want.

I also wanted Dominique with Stockton since Nique was originally a Jazz pick, but wanted too much money and forced the trade to Atlanta. As a kid I'd imagine a Jazz team with Stockton on the break and the enviable task of picking Wilkins or Malone to finish it.

Guest College Party

The reason that John Stockton is so popular at TSM is that ostensibly, we're a community primarily composed of average-looking white kids from the suburbs. We were told we could Be Like Mike, but deep down we knew that realistically speaking, we could, at best, Be Like John Stockton. Also, yeah, the shorts and the penchant for nut-punching gain Cool Points as well.

sloan.jpg

While the rest of you guys race to get your players, I am going to expend an early pick to ascertain that I have one of the best coaches in the game: Jerry Sloan. By having Jerry Sloan on my hypothetical team, I automatically improve the worth of anyone else I draft. I think. How he's never been Coach of the Year is beyond me, but that's for a different thread.

I thought you picked Rasheed Wallace for a second, which wouldn't be a bad pick either. It sucks a little that Sloan is taken, cause he is a great coach, but was also a very good player.

Guest College Party

I'm trying to stockpile as many great Chicago Bulls as I can.

Oh fuck, how did I miss Rasheed Wallace? I love that dude.

The reason that John Stockton is so popular at TSM is that ostensibly, we're a community primarily composed of average-looking white kids from the suburbs. We were told we could Be Like Mike, but deep down we knew that realistically speaking, we could, at best, Be Like John Stockton. Also, yeah, the shorts and the penchant for nut-punching gain Cool Points as well.

sloan.jpg

While the rest of you guys race to get your players, I am going to expend an early pick to ascertain that I have one of the best coaches in the game: Jerry Sloan. By having Jerry Sloan on my hypothetical team, I automatically improve the worth of anyone else I draft. I think. How he's never been Coach of the Year is beyond me, but that's for a different thread.

SON OF A BITCH HE WAS MY NEXT PICK! DAMN DAMN DAMN.

69099435_8cbe94552b.jpg

Damn.

Earl-Monroe---Photofile-Photograph-C12188516.jpeg

Earl Monroe aka Earl the Pearl aka Black Magic aka Black Jesus

Career stats

Points 17,454

Assists 3,594

FT% 83.0

Career highlights and awards

Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (1990)

NBA champion (1973)

1x All-NBA First Team (1969)

NBA Rookie of the Year (1968)

4x NBA All-Star (1969, 1971, 1975, 1977)

NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team (1996)

Hey, if we're getting players in their prime, can I draft one of the GREATEST European players before he got fucked up and like I could get that version instead of the washed up past his prime 3x that finally made it to the NBA?

Lets stick with NBA/ABA players in their prime. It's going to be tough to judge that cause we really didn't see them play in their prime, so if you pick a player like that we'd only have the NBA to draw from (and they didn't compete with NBA players).

Fuck that, everybody ought to know how great

sabonis_olajuwon.jpg

Arvydas! Arvydas! Arvydas! Arvydas! OH! OH! Arvydas!

was.

Arvydas Sabonis C

Don't let the bullshit politics of the OLD SOVIET UNION go against how great of a player he was. By the time the Blazers got him his feet were held together by duct tape.

I was considering Sabonis in the later rounds, as well. I have a good idea of the type of team I'm building, and I thought he would be a great fit. Oh well.