TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

That's a little too much to be expecting. I mean he is the Ameeeeeeeeeeerican Dreeeeeeeeam.

Rhodes was my highest rated guy at the moment, but I've got a couple of back-ups that should fill the hole nicely.

Quick question - Are we even bothering with managers in this? I couldn't find anything about the procedure, but I'm guessing they count as separate picks?

Rhodes was my highest rated guy at the moment, but I've got a couple of back-ups that should fill the hole nicely.

Quick question - Are we even bothering with managers in this? I couldn't find anything about the procedure, but I'm guessing they count as separate picks?

Several people have made inquiries, and I am tossing around the idea of having a second stage to select managers/valets. For now we are just going to focus on in-ring talents.

The only way to work around that is to shorten the time between picks or try to arrange a time for when all 18 participants can be online at the same time, and go through the whole thing in one sitting.

The best is when half the people in it grow bored, and we have to wait them out every round.

It's not so bad.. Personally I think it should be shortened to eight hours. It does give you ample time to get online and make your pick, yet it gaurentees us a minimum of three picks a day rather than two.

Yeah, that's what I figured too, being the Holiday and everything. I had to make one pick thru a proxy, and was expecting to have to make my next pick thru them as well, but with the timing and everything I may not have to do that.

Hmm, bit surprised at that selection. Not a bad choice by any stretch of the imagination (in fact he was on my shortlist) just not what I thought you would be going for.

It's not so bad.. Personally I think it should be shortened to eight hours. It does give you ample time to get online and make your pick, yet it gaurentees us a minimum of three picks a day rather than two.

I'm not involved in this draft, but no.

If somebody has an eight hour work shift and doesn't have online access they could miss a pick simply by going to their real job.

I'll put this in spoiler tags so you won't have to read it if you don't want to since it's discussing someone who hasn't been picked yet. So don't read it if you don't want name dropping! BUT I'm incredibly curious as to

Who is going risk being scorned by his fellow drafters and be the one who selects Roots Genoa? Obviously, I'm not expecting an answer but I'm just curious

I'll put this in spoiler tags so you won't have to read it if you don't want to since it's discussing someone who hasn't been picked yet. So don't read it if you don't want name dropping! BUT I'm incredibly curious as to

Who is going risk being scorned by his fellow drafters and be the one who selects Roots Genoa? Obviously, I'm not expecting an answer but I'm just curious

I was contemplating it.

I was contemplating it.

I asked this back on page three.. nobody responded do it though, heh.

The best thing about this draft is that you're really getting an idea of how each person looks at wrestling, through who they would pick for their fantasy roster. We're going to end up with a mixture of rosters and a variety of promotional philosophies, which should make for some interesting reading and intriguing cards.

Nah, the Snuka incident is slightly more obscure than Benoit's. I didn't even know about it until a year or two ago. Besides, this draft is heavy on the 90s and beyond guys. I don't think he's going in Round Three. Of course I also didn't see Bret going No.1 overall or Shane Douglas going the second round so I could be wrong.

I know it is has been said before, but damn I wish I discovered this thread sooner.

There are still some potential main event players available in the third round and I am quite surprised that 2 or 3 of them haven't gone yet. I won't mention who, because I'm curious where they end up.

I select Mr. Perfect.

For future reference, please include a photo and at the very least some sort of brief explanation of your choice. It'd give a neater presentation and insight into your process.

If things don't speed up in the next couple of days, I will consider it. People always have the option of sending me a PM with their options if they think that they are going to miss their window, but I also understand why they want to see where everyone else is going before posting their selection.

I won't mention who, because I'm curious where they end up.

And name-dropping is prohibited in this thread. Keeps it fair.

I like the latter rule but some things like

pondering who will be brave enough to draft Roots Genoa and where

are too much for me to not to pontificate aloud about.

I have 9 hour shifts some days...It would be kinda cruel if I got skipped because I had to work....because I'd never be late otherwise. And it's not just one person skipping you...If I start a shift at 4pm and get home at 1:30 am...in theory a ton of picks could have gone by because I was at work.

I have 9 hour shifts some days...It would be kinda cruel if I got skipped because I had to work....because I'd never be late otherwise. And it's not just one person skipping you...If I start a shift at 4pm and get home at 1:30 am...in theory a ton of picks could have gone by because I was at work.

Point taken. Though it would have to cut it really close in order for that to happen (the person before you would have to have just made their selection as your shift was beginning).