TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

YES. Since this morning I've been hoping that you would pick Benoit. I don't know why, I just thought he would fit great on a roster with Sting and E&C. Yours is definitely in my top 5 so far.

I had narrowed down my next pick to two people, one of whom was Benoit.

My next choice is the guy who my Jr Heavyweight division would be built around. He's a legendary wrestler, and an undoubted Hall of Famer. My next pick is...

redliger.jpg

Time for Plan B on my Light Heavy Division. Although I wasn't expecting him to last another two rounds when I was going to pick him up anyways.

I feel quite relieved in the recent selections, while all of them with the exception of Londrick were certainly on my radar, none were on my current top three. With two selections before my turn, I'm convinced one will be gone for sure because of the pattern one of the groups have taken.

I'm not sure I can claim a "leader" but 909, Matzo and HTQ look good right now. Those are the ones that have shown the first signs of a design forming. A couple appear to be grabbing what they can making for awkward looking rosters at the moment.

I thought about taking Benoit for a moment, but that shit wouldn't have worked that early for me. Style aside, he wouldn't be able to do the mic work necessary to keep up at the main event level with those guys...and he was too small. I have to wait a few rounds before spending picks on guys who wouldn't be able to compete with my top stars because of fan perception and actual weaknesses. Not saying he's a bad pick or anything, just doesn't fit with what I chose to incorporate. Once Rude was gone, it was DiBiase or Roberts all the way, because I'm POSITIVE nobody (save maybe one person) will grab the wrestler I'd look at otherwise.

Not to say I'm going to keep taking 80's guys, though. Well, maybe with my next pick. We'll see.

Analyzing all these selections, it appears that everyone has some kind of direction while my roster seems a little off the board and going several different directions. I hope by the time this is done that everyone realizes what i'm trying to do.

Analyzing all these selections, it appears that everyone has some kind of direction while my roster seems a little off the board and going several different directions. I hope by the time this is done that everyone realizes what i'm trying to do.

I do appreciate the complete contrast in your two singles selections. It appears most went into the first three rounds wanting to pair their top pick with the proper person. I'm not/won't in that boat.

ugh. Decision making is hard.

Catch21.jpg

Stan Hansen. Just so I have someone to beat the shit out of everyone.

I had to flip a coin between 2 guys that I wanted...and it came up Hansen.

Awesome pick in my opinion

mutanita2.jpg

The Great Muta

Muta and Foley are my top faces; Jericho is my top heel. My promotion is going to borrow a lot of concepts from Chikara, with the faces being more gimmicky and the heels being more rudo/dickish.

mutanita2.jpg

The Great Muta

Muta and Foley are my top faces; Jericho is my top heel. My promotion is going to borrow a lot of concepts from Chikara, with the faces being more gimmicky and the heels being more rudo/dickish.

One word....

Fuck.

Great pick though, I couldn't pass up Roberts since he fell to me, but Muta was in that slot for sure.

I'm not going to go old school too much, but this mans work is something I admire greatly. I'll only take a few old school picks, but this is the first that always comes to mind.

I was thinking about taking this man as a tag-team with his brother Gerry, but i'm not going to. I give you former NWA Champion, Jack Brisco.

brisco_jack.jpg

Okay.

Outside of the trade idea..

How about putting together a supercard of your own, using all of your own guys, for example, mine might be headlined by Kurt Angle and Jack Brisco.

I'd be able to put on about 10 other matches including two tag matches too.

Outside of the trade idea..

How about putting together a supercard of your own, using all of your own guys, for example, mine might be headlined by Kurt Angle and Jack Brisco.

I suggested that a couple of pages ago, and people seemed receptive.

As for trades, I also don't think they should happen.

Did you?

I apologise, & I was just throwing it out there with regards to trade.

I just thought about it because I wanted to take Terry Funk from whoever drafted him so I could place him with my last pick.

However, that's settled.

Does it have to be a straight one for one swap?

You could trade, say, Triple H for say, two midcarders and a lower card guy.

It has to be a one-for-one swap so that everyone has the same number of wrestlers on their roster.

Man oh man oh man oh man. I kind of regret not picking a tag team with my third pick. I don't regret taking "Superstar" Billy Graham but it seems like all of the great tag teams are flying off the board.

My #2 tag team choice is still on the board but I'll be lucky if they fall all the way down to me.

Depending on Hawk's pick, I don't think I'm going to take a tag team anytime soon (well at least with these next two picks). If he picks someone I had in mind, then I'll probably go tag team.

Man oh man oh man oh man. I kind of regret not picking a tag team with my third pick. I don't regret taking "Superstar" Billy Graham but it seems like all of the great tag teams are flying off the board.

My #2 tag team choice is still on the board but I'll be lucky if they fall all the way down to me.

At least your #2 is still there. My top three tag team choices were taken one by one yesterday.