TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

That Killer Bees pick just ruined what little I had in the tag division, even though I didn't really care about it that much. Now i'm really going to have to think long and hard about tag teams in the history of wrestling. I had the Bees in my sites for awhile but kept putting them off and putting them off because the singles I had thought of were more appealing. My mistake.

So I'm guessing that will just cut into the singles selections? For instance, if we select 8 tag teams... we only get 26 singles?

Now i'm really going to have to think long and hard about tag teams in the history of wrestling.

There are still tons of tag teams out there that are unclaimed.

So I'm guessing that will just cut into the singles selections? For instance, if we select 8 tag teams... we only get 26 singles?

Yes.

I think it's been said we'd draft non-wrestlers later, but I'm not sure

and another question on the tag team issue, do we necessarily have to pick 4 tag teams, could somebody pick 3 and substitute a singles pick instead?

I forget...are nonwrestlers (valets, managers, commentators) part of the draft as well?

There will be a second stage draft for managers/valets after we are finished with full-time wrestling talents.

I think it's been said we'd draft non-wrestlers later, but I'm not sure

and another question on the tag team issue, do we necessarily have to pick 4 tag teams, could somebody pick 3 and substitute a singles pick instead?

If somebody would prefer to do it that way, then I don't see a problem.

I don't see why you wouldn't want at least 4 teams though for some semblance of a division. Hell I was going to draft 4 teams and then roll the dice going after 1 and 1 to fill out teams anyways, or ask if I could invoke the Trios rule and draft more than 4 teams and just sit out a round.

So this works in my favor.

I love me some tag team action.

Good. I was about to inquire about changing the 4 tag team rule. However, I wish this was in effect earlier. I made it a point to match with MVC that I skipped some good tag teams in effort to get a good match with them in Bruiser/Crusher.

For my next pick I choose:

216.jpg

Do It For The Age Of The Fall. Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black. Now two time ROH tag team champions. I really enjoy these two. One of my favourite recent tag teams that hasn't been taken and I thought it was about time I got some tag teams on my roster. I do love a bit of Jimmy and Tyler Black aways seems to impress. They work well as a team and can work either as a more face or heel emo depending on how I need them.

Here's another one I'm surprised hasn't been picked yet. This guy is one of the most memorable wrestlers of the '80s and one of the most beloved personalities in wrestling. To this day, when he makes his sporadic appearances on RAW, he always manages to get an impressive pop from the crowd. While his wrestling skills leave a lot to be desired, he could brawl with the best of them in his day. He's the perfect foil for "Superstar" Billy Graham. It'll be played up as one of the most tried and true storylines in wrestling; The Hollywood Showboat Vs The Blue Collared Everyman.

He's a former WCW U.S. Champion, WCW Television Champion, UWF World Tag Team Champion, Mid South North American Champion, and the winner of the first televised Royal Rumble.

With my 12th pick and the 215th pick overall, I'm proud to select everybody's favorite idiot....

26.jpg "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

I'll be using the slightly less cartoonish, Buford Pusser-esque UWF/Mid-South era Jim Duggan for my fed.

There goes any idea of having Jimmy Jacobs be Raven's emo protege. Maybe I can give that role to Dean Malenko.

My idea wasn't going to be nearly as good as that anyway.

There goes any idea of having Jimmy Jacobs be Raven's emo protege. Maybe I can give that role to Dean Malenko.

My idea wasn't going to be nearly as good as that anyway.

Yeah. Detailed plans went out the door. C'mon, mellow. revoke his selection. You have the AWESOME power. Well, I mean, you have Mike Awesome.

With four picks in the draft I select...

05.jpg

The Giant Gonzalez.

While not showing much talent, a man of his size is a solid addition to any promotion. This former Atlanta Hawks players can be my big heel or a gentle giant face.

02.jpg

Johnny B. Badd.

A former Television Champion. He has a great amount of charisma, and is not a bad in-ring worker.

15.jpg

Al Snow.

A former Hardcore Champion. He is a hardcore legend and a person who would do anything for a promotion.

12.jpg

The Bushwhackers.

A great heel or face tag team. They are WWE legends, and have had some good matches against The Fabulous Rougeaus.

Alright, this past week a big storm ripped through south western Connecticut, and I was without T.V., Internet or a landline telephone for three days. Therefore I was unable to make my picks. I would love to stay in this draft. I hope it is legal that I made my four selections now at a random time.

I had Snow on the radar, but snagged CIMA instead. Johnny B Badd was a competant mid-card heel.

I don't think I'd be alone in saying that Giant Gonzalez is the first guy drafted that I didn't think anybody would pick.

Agreed. Not to crap on anyone's picks, but man... there are "giants" out still there that can bring so much more to the table than Gonzales. Sure, he had size... but he didn't know how to use it (The fact he was also just tall - not bulky as well - severely limited him and made him very awkward)

Granted, him being selected means a lot of big names are still out there and not in any real danger of being picked apparently so I'm not going to complain.

With all due respect to drury, there are still a boatload of decent hosses available. Hell, some of the best big men of all time are as yet undrafted. Virtually, any hoss would be better than Gonzalez.

I'm not surprised he got drafted. He's got a good enough look (faux naked fur body suit aside) and is absolutelyfuckinghuge but I didn't think he'd go until the last five or six rounds at the earliest.